The Croods - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Croods Reviews

May 26, 2017
This was so cute and heartwarming to watch. It wasn't exactly perfect, but I recommend you give it a watch.
April 4, 2017
The Croods has a good enough voice cast and is funny enough to make up for its thin plot.
March 25, 2017
Angfmi???????????????????????? 1/2?????????????????????gghjjjkkkk
;;,(?
March 12, 2017
This is a pretty underrated film. Nice stylized animation and great voice acting highlight a fun and easy to connect to screenplay. Extra feels for fathers of little girls. I don't like Nick Cage but his performance for Grug is super-great and his character arc while predictable, is handled wonderfully.

The character development rivals anything done by Pixar and is better than most live-action serious movies without even trying. Its a bit predictable, but when the execution is as slick as this its something I don't mind at all. If you want to get introspective about the layered character driven subplots you can. Or you can just enjoy a whacky caveman adventure.

Spoiler; they keep the ending family fun and sweet and it's fine the way it is and nice and all but this could have won an Oscar if they would have left it at Grug in the cave painting his family. I struggled to not bawl like a baby at this point.

Good family film with something for everyone.
March 10, 2017
one of the best animation films, story line was extremely good..
½ February 27, 2017
I like the crowds, this movie got better as it went along and by the end it was emotional, The first six minutes may turn you off but it actually worked out in the end and I enjoyed it
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 30, 2017
Loved this! A fun animation about a family of cavemen
January 26, 2017
Una divertida historia que cuenta las aventuras de una familia de caverncolas, los Croods, que se ven obligados a dejar la 'zona de comfort' que representa su pequea cueva y descubrir el mundo que les rodea. Con la ayuda de Guy. los Croods irn venciendo viejos temores, y descubriendo que la vida les prepara diferentes aprendizajes si estn dispuestos a aceptarlos
December 30, 2016
Very slick animation, pretty good story too.
½ December 30, 2016
The Croods is directed and co-written by Kirk DeMicco and Chris Sanders, and it stars Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, and Catherine Keener in an animated film about a caveman family that doesn't like new things as the leader of the pack thinks that it's dangerous, and when one of the members come across another human that's smart and knows that the world is ending, the world is changing places, and they follow him to go to a safe place even though Grug (Nicolas Cage) doesn't like Guy (Ryan Reynolds). Seeing for the fact that this is the first animated film that Nicolas Cage is in and consider that he hasn't been in a Hollywood film for a while, is consider to be the main reason for me to see it, and also for the fact that the director and co-writer of Lilo and Stitch Chris Sanders is involved with this. For my opinion, this is just as amazing as great as Kung Fu Panda. Nicolas Cage being Nicolas Cage is always hilarious to watch as he goes over the top, and it works for this movie, but never too much of it that people would find it annoying. The rest of the cast are also great as well, and they got their moments that shine in this. The designs of the creatures look amazing that it gives more of a different feel of what the world looked like. There's a lot of a different humor in it, whether it be physical, threatening, or just insane humor in it, and it works for me as I was cracking up so much. It also gets pretty tense in some moments, but never too tense for small children to handle, and there are some emotional stuff in there that actually worked in there which made me get teary-eyed. If there's an issue that I have with it, is Belt. Not that he's a bad character, he's well-design and has some funny moments, it's when he does his running gag of him saying dun dun dun while acting cutesy, and I didn't find it funny. But that's only a small issue as Belt said it like three of four times, and I just enjoyed The Croods so much that if they made a sequel, I would be totally okay with that.
½ December 26, 2016
Though not a great movie, the Croods does feature some great humor and a simple fun story to enjoy at home with your family.
December 25, 2016
Not much of a plot but interesting.
December 21, 2016
As far as kids movies go, this was pretty good and held my 4 and 6 year olds attention well.
December 3, 2016
Zxzzaadcdsaaddddddfqqfdawqpqw
November 17, 2016
This is a funny animation
½ November 8, 2016
Brilliant animation and a likeable cast make The Croods a rock-solid family film.
September 14, 2016
A fantastic story that the whole family can enjoy.
August 28, 2016
I watch it on Mexico,and I've to say this is probably the first best movie of 2013
½ August 12, 2016
Great family movie. I absolutely enjoyed it.