The Croods - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Croods Reviews

December 30, 2016
Very slick animation, pretty good story too.
½ December 30, 2016
The Croods is directed and co-written by Kirk DeMicco and Chris Sanders, and it stars Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, and Catherine Keener in an animated film about a caveman family that doesn't like new things as the leader of the pack thinks that it's dangerous, and when one of the members come across another human that's smart and knows that the world is ending, the world is changing places, and they follow him to go to a safe place even though Grug (Nicolas Cage) doesn't like Guy (Ryan Reynolds). Seeing for the fact that this is the first animated film that Nicolas Cage is in and consider that he hasn't been in a Hollywood film for a while, is consider to be the main reason for me to see it, and also for the fact that the director and co-writer of Lilo and Stitch Chris Sanders is involved with this. For my opinion, this is just as amazing as great as Kung Fu Panda. Nicolas Cage being Nicolas Cage is always hilarious to watch as he goes over the top, and it works for this movie, but never too much of it that people would find it annoying. The rest of the cast are also great as well, and they got their moments that shine in this. The designs of the creatures look amazing that it gives more of a different feel of what the world looked like. There's a lot of a different humor in it, whether it be physical, threatening, or just insane humor in it, and it works for me as I was cracking up so much. It also gets pretty tense in some moments, but never too tense for small children to handle, and there are some emotional stuff in there that actually worked in there which made me get teary-eyed. If there's an issue that I have with it, is Belt. Not that he's a bad character, he's well-design and has some funny moments, it's when he does his running gag of him saying dun dun dun while acting cutesy, and I didn't find it funny. But that's only a small issue as Belt said it like three of four times, and I just enjoyed The Croods so much that if they made a sequel, I would be totally okay with that.
½ December 26, 2016
Though not a great movie, the Croods does feature some great humor and a simple fun story to enjoy at home with your family.
December 25, 2016
Not much of a plot but interesting.
December 21, 2016
As far as kids movies go, this was pretty good and held my 4 and 6 year olds attention well.
December 3, 2016
Zxzzaadcdsaaddddddfqqfdawqpqw
November 17, 2016
This is a funny animation
½ November 8, 2016
Brilliant animation and a likeable cast make The Croods a rock-solid family film.
September 14, 2016
A fantastic story that the whole family can enjoy.
August 28, 2016
I watch it on Mexico,and I've to say this is probably the first best movie of 2013
½ August 12, 2016
Great family movie. I absolutely enjoyed it.
July 30, 2016
Unimaginative and lazy. A modern boring family comedy poorly set in the past. A real opportunity missed.
½ July 28, 2016
Not as entertains as I thought it'd be which is sad because of the stellar cast, beautiful animation, and fun characters. It's script ruins it for me though
½ July 20, 2016
Pretty funny, great voice cast, not an excellent movie, but definitely a good time.
July 10, 2016
Very good movie. This movie definitely hits home to those who are afraid to step out of their comfort zone.
½ July 2, 2016
The Croods is a great family movie and is hilarious. This movie is about family and about protecting your family. The plot of the movie is great and it has some special voice talents of some very special actors and actresses. I would very much suggest this movie.
July 1, 2016
Surprisingly funny and charming, not to mention creative animation.
June 23, 2016
Not one of Dreamwork's highlights.
June 4, 2016
the domestication
the hug
the family
the end- 99.9% missing link

When we must hide from what threatens us. Stick together as a family in order to fight to survive. Hide in what we don't know what it is but can't take risks when we are constantly reminded of death. When not all strange creatures are threats, but help you along the way to move you away from the cave to all other wakes of life. When we can't always rely on our strength to fight what scares us, what stops us and what makes us a patriarch, to rely on others to share ideas, experiences and new ways of living to evolve us further into new territory. When what scares us is being alone, different and unfamiliar to meet a family that welcomes us as much as we need them, they need you. When we must fight others to prevent from being alone and fight when we are with others. When we are used to being a close family to accept the idea of being apart to start a new life. When we must travel to uncharted territory full of hope and open to the idea of what else lurks beyond.