The Phantom Creeps Reviews

• Jun 12, 2016

A Bela Lugosi classic! Dr. Alex Zorka, is a mad scientist who designs inventions to vengefully destroy the world, because his wife died. He made a "disvisualizer belt" in which he turns invisible, so he can do his dirty deeds without getting caught. My absolute favorite is his genius 8 foot tall Robot (with enlarged kidneys?) used to frighten intruders, and control the lab. (I want to add, a Robot replica, is used for Rob Zombie acts, and so are The Phantom Creep's sound samples). Anyway, the Government is out to take Dr. Zorka (Lugosi) out, for his radical vengeance, and gives him action paced chases throughout the movie. Something really cool is - a laboratory scene has some footage used from 1936 "The Invisible Ray" another Lugosi film. If you're a fan you'll notice.

• Mar 09, 2014

I Will Rule the World, Ha, Ha, Ha--Wild, goofy sci-fi action Madness!!

I Will Rule the World, Ha, Ha, Ha--Wild, goofy sci-fi action Madness!!

• May 22, 2013

Since this was originally a serial, I'll pardon the bad editing. Outside of that, it's an alright idea, although it gets slow at points and you get tired of the characters. The robot was neat enough, and Lugosi played his part well. The ending is a hit-or-miss.

• Mar 31, 2013

Ludicrous, even by Saturday matinee standards, and barely watchable.

Ludicrous, even by Saturday matinee standards, and barely watchable.

• Mar 27, 2013

highly underrated with a great monster to boot

highly underrated with a great monster to boot

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

Bela Lugosi plays a scientist who creates really cool inventions like an invisibility cloak and an exploding insect. It's really pretty interesting, but towards the end gets kind of silly.

• Jul 13, 2009