The Amazing Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Amazing Spider-Man Reviews

January 13, 2017
This Spider man film should be good when I finally watch it.
½ January 13, 2017
A misguided slog from the first frame. I never knew before how much I could actively dislike Peter Parker.

"Property of Peter Parker" is "Save Martha!!!" levels of stupid.
½ January 13, 2017
Okay This Movie Is GOOD! Marc Webb Did OKAY With The Movie And It's PRETTY MUCH Better Then The Sequel Well Yeah That's True Good Job Marc Webb! HAVE A COOKIE!
January 8, 2017
If Spiderman needed rebooting in the new decade then this does the gob, that's it, it's not bad , but it does not amaze like the previous series. The satisfying spiderman is a more suited title
January 5, 2017
A perfect film from beginning to end. I've seen it several times and I still love it just as much as the first time I saw it in theatres.
½ January 3, 2017
Not great, and I watched it immediately after Dark Knight Rises, this movie is good, and does a lot of things better than the original. The movie's style was true to the Spider-Man of animated series and comics; with his goofy, teenager, cocky trash talking. He does what most teens do when they are working, and that's have fun.
½ January 2, 2017
The Amazing Spider-Man is a pretty good start to a reboot.
January 1, 2017
Decent enough movie.
½ January 1, 2017
After 5 years later of the disappointment that was Spider-Man 3, did people enjoy this reboot?Many people did but many people didn't. I'm one of those people who liked this reboot. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's romance is superior to Tobey's and Kirsten's, the web swinging scenes are visually delightful, and Andrew Is the best SPIDER-MAN. However, he's not a great peter parker, the origin is long, and Lizard is underdeveloped. Overall, I like this return but you probably won't, depends on whom you are.
½ December 31, 2016
It is a few stones away from feeling like a good version.
December 30, 2016
I Spider-Man butt heat Andrew Garfield
December 29, 2016
Loved this. How Spiderman came to be and he saved new york from the evil lizard. Great film.
December 26, 2016
Some of the transformation of parker into spiderman were done well, showing his learning curve as a more accurate one, however this gets confused as the film goes on. Hes he now an expert or is he still learning.

I felt like all of the actors were forcing there lines and things just happened for happening sake to move the script on to the good bits. It felt rushed, "ok lets have the uncle ben scene and theft scene" none of it seemed to gel together.

the lizard is basically another green goblin character but not executed as well, and looks more like the koopas in mario from the bob hoskins flick.

Constantly questioned why the characters were doing the things they were doing.

Never really connected with any of it, the police sergeant seemed the most solid of the characters.
½ December 20, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: The ironically named "Marc-Webb"s Spider-Man may not be as fun as Raimi's trilogy, but it's more refined because of it. Here, we finally get a delicately told origin, an emotionally-engaging love story, and some character development that everyone can get into. Andrew Garfield delivers an excellent performance along the way, both as Peter, and as the web-slinger himself.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: As ever with Spider-Man, it can't quite shake the oddly annoying elements that plagued the first ones also. The 'schoolboy hero who won't ever do the thing the audience wants,' is even more of a pain in a film that takes itself that bit more seriously.
VERDICT: A more serious Spider-Man thanks to Andrew Garfield. Whether you like that or not is the question, but it's arguably a more interesting film because of it.
December 19, 2016
I want this movie to hurry up & come out
½ December 18, 2016
it's ok not the perfect Andrew Does good In the sam movies i didn't like how the webs come outta his Hands I like the web shooters better in this flim
½ December 14, 2016
This movie was made so Sony could keep the rights to the Spider-Man movies and keep him off the MCU Sony did not do a good job. I know the special effects are great and there are some good performances but this movie is just ok.
December 8, 2016
Though it was a remake, The Amazing Spider-Man manages to breathe new life into a beloved story for people who weren't impressed with Sam Raimi's original Spider-Man. Garfield and Stone's chemistry is undeniable, and each of the talented actors are great in their own respective roles.
December 8, 2016
Smart version of the standard Spider-Man story. Cast is in great form here. See it in 3D if possible. On Blu-ray.
½ December 6, 2016
The best thing I can say about this movie is that it's very good. It's not breaking any ground, it's acting isn't of the walls incredible, and the direction isn't anything to write home about, if I were to say that any of it was even a little bad, I'd be lying. The first 2 movies in Raimi's trilogy are significantly better, but in a world where Batman V. Superman and Suicide Squad are allowed to be things, this movie definitely deserves to be shared with the world.