The Amazing Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Amazing Spider-Man Reviews

May 25, 2017
this movie is OK, i just dont like the suit, but its good. I like the second movie a little better
May 21, 2017
es la segunda mejor película de la saga buenos efectos especiales los personajes tienen una buena interpretación y el villano tiene elaborado su plan contra el hombre araña
½ May 16, 2017
With more realistic characters than the original trilogy, and a more reserved tone, The Amazing Spider-Man is a very underrated superhero movie, and one of my favorites.
May 14, 2017
Great start to a new series. Georges visuals and great acting. The Lizard should have had better development and reasoning to being evil. Peter Parker was too cool and smart ass. But overall Good movie
½ May 13, 2017
Moments of greatness but a little long.
May 9, 2017
I had high hopes for this movie. I expected more for a reboot hoping they learned a lot from the first two Spider-Man movies. It seems like the director and producers only cared about getting the action scenes right and lacked on character build up. Leaving many gaps to connect with the audience. The part that just doesn't connect with me no matter how many times I watch it is when Uncle Ben dies. Overall a kid will enjoy this movie.
May 9, 2017
The Amazing Spider Man is the background of Pieter"s past as a boy and about his family I thought it was cool how Andrew Garfield played as spider man he did a good job in this movie I like how he takes on the Lizard I must say he was a good villain in this movie. What I found interesting about this movie I found it to be dark and a little creepy especially the fighting and more but that's what makes it so great. I saw the trailer and I just New this was going to be a good movie! I like the trailer a lot I could watch this one over and over again. Now I know some people like Toby Maguire better, but I like Andrew Garfield much better!!
½ May 7, 2017
A good Spider-Man movie, but the slow paced story as a whole lacks polishing.
May 5, 2017
This would be fun to watch if it was not retelling the origin. This film feels held back the first hour waiting for uncle ben to leave the story. I do like the action and chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Weak Recommend.
April 24, 2017
Andrew Garfield was a smart choice, but unfortunately he wasn't able to surpass Toby Maguire's original role. At least the basic elements of his personality was still the same, which is a good factor.
It was well directed by Marc Webb & well written by James Vanderbilt, who also did an amazing job in creating the screenplay alongside with Alvin Sargent & Steve Kloves.
All of these implications make "The Amazing Spider-Man" a great & desirable movie to watch.
April 24, 2017
Unnecessary But Very Fun
April 23, 2017
its a really nice start
April 20, 2017
Nowhere near as bad as everyone keeps saying it is. Andrew Garfield was a great choice for Spider-Man, and he fits his character very well.
April 17, 2017
best spiderman movie so far. great reboot.
½ April 11, 2017
Though the villain in the movie is severely underdeveloped with unclear motivations, the new reboot has exciting thrills and a great portrayal of Spider-Man by Andrew Garfield.
April 4, 2017
Decent but not as good as Toby's
March 31, 2017
Marc Webb spins a beautiful web with The Amazing Spider-Man, giving us a new look at the teenager behind the mask and his journey of recovery from personal loss, self-discovery, and embracing his moral responsibility to help the people of New York.
½ March 31, 2017
Cringey sometimes, lack of narrative.
March 28, 2017
It was okay....Toby McGuire's are better
½ March 26, 2017
I really liked the more dark look with some of the lighter tones witch Spider-Man is most known for