The Amazing Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Amazing Spider-Man Reviews

February 23, 2017
Decent movie. There were a lot of things recycled from the older Spider-Man series. Not Marvel's best, but still alright
½ February 21, 2017
I saw zero improvement in this 10-years later reboot - in fact I was longing for Toby's dorkiness when he looks in the mirror and realizes he's ripped and no longer needs glasses, plus that upside-down kiss.
½ February 16, 2017
The amazing spider man is fine, it's not the worst spider man movie but it's so weak
½ February 13, 2017
After seeing the original trilogy for the first time, (I only saw the 1st film more than 10 years ago, and only glimpses of 2 & 3), I wanted to view this series.

This one is slower getting to the business than the first movie. First half of the movie stumbles trying to get through the origin story, so it took longer than the 2002 film to get through it. Ben Parker's bit I feel was strangely done. I think I preferred the elder Aunt May as well.
The second half of the film and the action scenes are very good for this film, it's one of those movies that starts off terrible, but gets greater later.
I felt the original was all-around great, and got terrible at the end. Mary Jane I feel is still /The/ Spider-Girl (she became self-centred in 3, but we're comparing the initial films).
As for Spider-Man himself, I feel Tobey McGuire is still a better Spider-Man, with both values and emotions, but modern Spider-Man is pretty much a meme, it's like the script writer went on 9Gag to get ideas.
His initial scene in suit and with the car thief, is the meme. He stops being a meme during the climax at least. Tobey became the meme much, much later. Andrew started out as the meme. Somehow I feel these movies shouldn't be comparable to each other, but it's hard not to do so.
February 11, 2017
Though it is a remake, The Amazing Spider-Man manages to breathe new life into a beloved story for people who weren't impressed with Sam Raimi's original Spider-Man. Garfield and Stone's chemistry is undeniable, and each of the talented actors are great in their own respective roles.
February 11, 2017
Andrew Garfield superb acting
½ February 3, 2017
A solid reboot that isn't as good as Spider-Man 1 & 2, but it has good acting and very good action.
February 3, 2017
Andrew Garfield makes be smart cool, He brings a certain humour to the character with snappy one liners. The plot brings originality to a story that superhero fans know well.
½ February 1, 2017
I love the new, fun Spiderman!! Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. 2nd time: Emma 10/10. Lucy 9/10.
January 29, 2017
The CGI for the Lizard was fantastic, and Andrew Garfield did do good as Spider-Man, but the acting wasn't that great. Also, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone), got herself in danger, and Spider-Man had to rescue her.
½ January 29, 2017
It's a strange one rebooting something that's still warm. I think the best thing to do would've been just a recast and continue with the toby mcguire story. Dr Connors isn't really a villain he is more of an obstacle and proves his human side by end of film, which makes the film pointless. Anyhu the movie aims high but delivers very low. I don't know if it is the cast or just the story. If its someone's first film then they did well.
January 29, 2017
A terrific reboot and every bit as amazing as the title suggests. The performances are fantastic too.
January 28, 2017
I had low expectations for this movie but it was better than I expected. Garfield is much better than the other spider-man but the motivations for him are poor. I enjoyed the second half of this movie but thought the first half was just frustrating, to watch spider-man (a 'hero') just beat people up for no reason. I did enjoy the humour and the ambitious science was also interesting. The chemistry between Stone and Garfield is the best part of the film by far. Not a bad film not not 'amazing'.
January 26, 2017
The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't good. Nobody did a fantastic job, in fact, everyone kind of sucked. Andrew Garfield is awkward, Emma Stone is weird, and Rhys Ifans is just creepy. The CGI is bad, the story is the same thing that we've seen in the previous, much better Spider-Man movies except boring, and nothing really adds up and turn into a sloppy mess. The Amazing Spider-Man gets a 4/10.
January 24, 2017
The amazing spider-man was great. It had a great cast with great performance, it was thrilling. The script was excellent, it had dazzling visuals, and a solid story despite revisiting 2002's Spiderman. All and all , great reboot.
January 24, 2017
the best Spider-Man yet
January 21, 2017
"You seriously think I'm a cop in a skintight red and blue suit?" -peter parker
January 13, 2017
This Spider man film should be good when I finally watch it.
½ January 13, 2017
A misguided slog from the first frame. I never knew before how much I could actively dislike Peter Parker.

"Property of Peter Parker" is "Save Martha!!!" levels of stupid.
½ January 13, 2017
Okay This Movie Is GOOD! Marc Webb Did OKAY With The Movie And It's PRETTY MUCH Better Then The Sequel Well Yeah That's True Good Job Marc Webb! HAVE A COOKIE!