The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews

• 3d ago

While initially promising, TASM 2 is let down by its many subplots, with a severe lack of reason for the audience to care about any of them, not to mention a waste of a terrific Jamie Foxx.

• 4d ago

This movie has the most emotional depth of all the marvel movies. this is the climax of spidermans life. Poor guy.

• Sep 10, 2019

Somehow worse than the first.

Somehow worse than the first.

• Sep 08, 2019

Let me just start off by saying that this movie gets a way worse rep than it really deserves. I had only seen this movie one time when it came out and to be honest I didn't really remember it too well because I wasn't a huge spiderman fan back then. Since I became a big Spidey fan a little while ago, all I had heard was how horrible this movie was from all of the hardcore Spidey fans(I never read the comics so I definitely wouldn't call myself a hardcore Spidey fan), and how it got almost everything wrong. So I went into this movie expecting to hate it, but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Now this is not to say that this movie is necessarily good, but it's still very fun and for the most part enjoyable to watch. There are several scenes of spiderman swinging and just having fun and it's really enjoyable to watch. Also, the performances are really good from all of the actors, but the performances are a little bogged down by some really bad writing at times. The Spiderman suit in this movie is really good because it looks so classic, which is a clearly Sony's response to how poorly received the 1st Amazing Spiderman suit was(I really disliked that one too). The score for this movie is also fantastic. Hans Zimmer did a fantastic job as always, and I know that some people don't like Electro's theme, and I really don't understand why, because it really adds to how menacing the character feels in some of the later scenes of the movie. So now I have some thoughts about some more controversial stuff in this movie. Electro. I thought he was done pretty well as a character, and he was pretty menacing at times toward the end of the movie. His theme is great, and the CG on him looks really good in almost every scene. His writing is pretty bad at times, especially in the climax, but he also has one of my favorite scenes in the movie, which is when Spiderman is swinging after him before the climax. Harry/Green Goblin. I think Harry is an interesting character at best on this movie. James Franco does a way better job with the character, but alot of that also has to do with writing. I think his transformation into the Goblin is very visually entertaining, and I actually really like the techy look of his suit( although I can understand why some people don;t as it isn't even close to comics accurate). But his writing in the climax of the movie is some of the worst, laziest, and most cliched dialogue I have ever heard. He also has like 2 minutes of screentime in the climax which doesn't feel like it does his character proper justice given how much time we get with him in the rest of the movie. Gwen. Gwen and peter's relationship in this movie really works pretty well, and their chemistry is good, but it just takes up a little too much of the movie, and some of their scenes together just went on a bit too long, and just felt exposition packed. I did really feel for peter when she died, though. Peter. Peter is really just kind of a mixed bag in this movie. There are some scenes between him and Gwen or him and Aunt May that I like, but then there are other scenes where he doesn't feel like Spiderman. He is too quipy and time wasting, and just comes across as kind of a jerk for alot of the movie. Also his whole trying to figure out who his father really is thing feels incredibly forced and really doesn't go anywhere, and this really bogs this movie down so so much. Andrew Garfield's performance is worse in this movie than in the first one, but I'll give him some credit because he did the best with the poor script he was given. Overall, there are many things that bog this movie down quite a bit, and can drag on a bit long at times, but if you're not a die hard Spiderman fan, then this movie will pass the time, and you'll probably come out of it having enjoyed yourself.

• Sep 07, 2019

Now, Spider-Man 3 had some ridiculous moments, but at least it embraced them unlike this film. It seemed to have not learn from it and repeat the same mistakes Spider-Man 3 has made, but make them unredeemable. While I will say that I did really love the action and CGI in the fighting scenes, it doesn't make up for everything bad in the film.

• Sep 04, 2019

Loved The Movie. My Favorite Spider-Man Movie and Always Will Be. Loved The Suit, Loved The Actor, Loved The Story Line, Liked All the Villains Great Movie :)

• Sep 03, 2019

The amazing was amazing.it has too many action sences in trailer ,that ruin the movie and it not good spider man as toby or tom

• Sep 03, 2019

Film Love story romantic drama thriller comedy suspense Sony Spider-Man wale

Film Love story romantic drama thriller comedy suspense Sony Spider-Man wale

• Sep 02, 2019

Worst Spider-Man movie ever

Worst Spider-Man movie ever

• Aug 28, 2019

This was steaming hot trash. But at least it was so bad its good. I enjoyed the ridiculously stupid sub plots and the horrendous character development. It gave off a 1970's Spider-Man comic vibe.