The Cold Light of Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Cold Light of Day Reviews

September 26, 2017
An unusual action movie. The plot is not overly complicated. The act is not bad. The scenery is nice. There is a sense of humor. I never got bored. Overall good unpretentious entertainment.
August 5, 2017
An extremely dull captivity thriller with a particularly awful performance from Cavill.
½ May 30, 2017
This movie should not exist. Just no.
½ May 29, 2017
I want to make sure that I never watch anything from this director again. What a waste of talented actors. Very poorly done.
½ February 28, 2017
Was disappointing. Hoping for more.
½ February 15, 2017
Totally unbelievable story featuring one of my favorite actors, Bruce Willis, and Henry Cavill in an action thriller that was better than I imagined it would be. Willis plays a business consultant on holiday in Spain with his family. Cavill, who plays one of Willis' sons, goes to town in a huff and finds his family has disappeared from their sailboat and the boat has been hidden. Turns out there is more to dear old dad than meets the eye, and during the course of the revelation he is shot and killed, Now Cavill must find out who killed his dad and why in order to rescue his family. Pretty decent.
½ January 26, 2017
The NYT review is close - Catastrophe.
Don't see how this POS got 5% and 29%. Hard to see how Sigourney and Bruce would wish to destroy what's left of declining reputations for a payday on a complete TURKEY like this.
Henry Cavil has no future in acting. He may be good looking but his wooden then frenetic shifts are only suited for something akin to a spoof. I pity the poor actors who signed on - bad career move for Veronica Echequi.
TERRIBLE HORRIBLE - INSANELY BAD. How does something like this get written, sold, and produced? Has Sigourney lost her mind? I realize Bruce has been in decline but has he no self-respect?
Cold Light of Day? more like "lukewarm bucket of piss".
Used to think highly of Weaver but no more. If you can't read a script better than this you should permanently retire - you speak those lines like you know what crap this is. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED - you owe me now.
January 21, 2017
horrid editing, writing and directing- nothing works in this film that must have cost millions to do with name power alone.
½ January 19, 2017
Everything that's wrong with this movie can be summed up in the title alone, in that the title means nothing. THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY is an empty phrase that plays no role in the events of the picture, and means nothing. That's all you need to know; generic, empty nothingness.
January 18, 2017
I know this one was filmed before Cavill did the Superman role... but I have never seen Clark Kent so worried! LOL! Anyways... I can't see Henry Cavill as anyone else... Good action! Great cast!
January 16, 2017
I wonder how much Bruce Willis gets paid to be in these movies for a grand total of 10 minutes. The movie was crap from start to finish. Bad story, bad pacing, uneven performances. Don't waste your time.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
October 19, 2016
Really don't understand all the negativity here. I was riveted to the movie all the way through. One of the best car chase scenes I have ever seen. The main thing that kept me interested was the poor son's major problem trying to put it all together. Finally, the "bad" guys (Mossad) figure it out and just tell him the way it is. Definitely would recommend and I am puzzled by the hostility to this picture.
½ September 6, 2016
The story is unbelievably unrealistic and the movie never gives much detail as to what the whole point of the plot was.
½ July 25, 2016
This is Nothing! I just watched over 1 hr. 30 min, of Nothing...

Bruce willis is bad in this movie, There wasn't a single good act from any of those actors in this movie at all, They were better in other films.
And Everything else is a waste of 90 min. and over $16.

The Cold Light Of Day Is A Waste, Don't Fucking Bother!

Score: 2/10
½ July 24, 2016
Very underrated . 5% seriously Rotten Tomatoes ?
½ June 5, 2016
Better than some films of seen I think Cavill was much better here than superman not the greatest action thriller not the worst
May 16, 2016