The Cold Light of Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Cold Light of Day Reviews

½ February 28, 2017
Was disappointing. Hoping for more.
½ February 15, 2017
Totally unbelievable story featuring one of my favorite actors, Bruce Willis, and Henry Cavill in an action thriller that was better than I imagined it would be. Willis plays a business consultant on holiday in Spain with his family. Cavill, who plays one of Willis' sons, goes to town in a huff and finds his family has disappeared from their sailboat and the boat has been hidden. Turns out there is more to dear old dad than meets the eye, and during the course of the revelation he is shot and killed, Now Cavill must find out who killed his dad and why in order to rescue his family. Pretty decent.
½ January 26, 2017
The NYT review is close - Catastrophe.
Don't see how this POS got 5% and 29%. Hard to see how Sigourney and Bruce would wish to destroy what's left of declining reputations for a payday on a complete TURKEY like this.
Henry Cavil has no future in acting. He may be good looking but his wooden then frenetic shifts are only suited for something akin to a spoof. I pity the poor actors who signed on - bad career move for Veronica Echequi.
TERRIBLE HORRIBLE - INSANELY BAD. How does something like this get written, sold, and produced? Has Sigourney lost her mind? I realize Bruce has been in decline but has he no self-respect?
Cold Light of Day? more like "lukewarm bucket of piss".
Used to think highly of Weaver but no more. If you can't read a script better than this you should permanently retire - you speak those lines like you know what crap this is. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED - you owe me now.
January 21, 2017
horrid editing, writing and directing- nothing works in this film that must have cost millions to do with name power alone.
½ January 19, 2017
Everything that's wrong with this movie can be summed up in the title alone, in that the title means nothing. THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY is an empty phrase that plays no role in the events of the picture, and means nothing. That's all you need to know; generic, empty nothingness.
January 18, 2017
I know this one was filmed before Cavill did the Superman role... but I have never seen Clark Kent so worried! LOL! Anyways... I can't see Henry Cavill as anyone else... Good action! Great cast!
January 16, 2017
I wonder how much Bruce Willis gets paid to be in these movies for a grand total of 10 minutes. The movie was crap from start to finish. Bad story, bad pacing, uneven performances. Don't waste your time.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
October 19, 2016
Really don't understand all the negativity here. I was riveted to the movie all the way through. One of the best car chase scenes I have ever seen. The main thing that kept me interested was the poor son's major problem trying to put it all together. Finally, the "bad" guys (Mossad) figure it out and just tell him the way it is. Definitely would recommend and I am puzzled by the hostility to this picture.
½ September 6, 2016
The story is unbelievably unrealistic and the movie never gives much detail as to what the whole point of the plot was.
½ July 25, 2016
This is Nothing! I just watched over 1 hr. 30 min, of Nothing...

Bruce willis is bad in this movie, There wasn't a single good act from any of those actors in this movie at all, They were better in other films.
And Everything else is a waste of 90 min. and over $16.

The Cold Light Of Day Is A Waste, Don't Fucking Bother!

Score: 2/10
½ July 24, 2016
Very underrated . 5% seriously Rotten Tomatoes ?
½ June 5, 2016
Better than some films of seen I think Cavill was much better here than superman not the greatest action thriller not the worst
May 16, 2016
Standard straight-to-DVD fodder
April 1, 2016
Love Henry. ‚?§‚?§‚?§
March 28, 2016
Average action thriller. Henry Cavill who is not on good terms with father Bruce Willis agree to meet the family on the yacht for reunion. Henry is in bad mood cos his own company is bankrupt. He was not paying attention to the steer and using his phone. Bruce shout out and he quickly save his brother's girlfriend and she hurt her head. Bruce throw his phone out to sea. Henry swim ashore to buy things but can't find them when he returns. He go to the local police and sensing weird, he escape. Bruce came out to save him and told him he is in a CIA special team all along and can't tell anyone. Bruce make calls and meet Sigourney Weaver. After she left, Bruce is kill by sniper Joseph Mawle. He chase Henry and kill a cop. Henry go to embassy for help but they can't do so. Sigourney want to help him and Henry escape. He call a frequent number in Bruce phone and arrive at the address. Verůnica Echegui and Henry fight the killer and she thought Henry want to kill her uncle. Later she told him Bruce is her father. Joseph hunt them down and he is hurt. She bring him to a bar for help. Roschdy Zem call Henry to hand over the briefcase or else his family will die. Henry turn up and saw his family safe. Roschdy tell Henry they planted a undercover agent to fish out the rogue agent and it is Bruce. They gonna sell the briefcase to terrorist. So now they stick to him close by in order to fish out Sigourney. Joseph is been tortured in the pub and they purposely let him go in order to find the meeting place. Roschdy and his troops arrive but all easily taken out by Sigourney and Joseph. Veronica kill Joseph when she ram her car into his car. Sigourney take the money and escape. Henry and Veronica chase her and she is tired and reverse the situation. The car crash and Sigourney is gonna kill Henry when Roschdy kill her. The family are saved and they acknowledge Veronica as step sister.
½ December 19, 2015
Should be renamed "you've seen this before" not only generic but overall boring.
½ December 18, 2015
dull and cliche plots with terrible action sequences which are rather not entertaining