The Curse of La Llorona Reviews

• 2h ago

not to bad of a movie

not to bad of a movie

• 5h ago

While it isn't as bad as most people make it out to be, this movie lacks originality and good character development. For half of the movie I honestly didn't care about any of the people on screen until the very last act, and even then I was still rooting for the ghost.

• 11h ago

Its decent. Don’t expect The Conjuring, or Annabelle creation type of scary.

Its decent. Don’t expect The Conjuring, or Annabelle creation type of scary.

• 13h ago

The Curse Of La Llorona (The Curse of the Weeping Woman) The Conjuring franchise is growing with tremendous pace. Prequels, sequels, spin-offs & what not. James Wan can be credited to this growth. He started both Saw & Insidious franchises (he still produces them). But his most acclaimed work is the Conjuring series. The first movie that released in 2013 blew everyone's mind. It was a fresh entrant into the then saturated horror genre. Conjuring threw open the door for numerous movies including a direct sequel, a spinoff trilogy on the Annabelle doll & a spinoff on the demonic Nun from Conjuring 2. The Weeping Woman movie is a standalone entry in the series. The only connection it has to the Conjuring universe is Tony Amendola, who reprises his role as Father Perez from the Annabelle movie. Linda Cardellini (Green Book), Raymond Cruz (Better Call Saul), Patricia Velasquez (Arrested Development) form the remainder of the cast. Weeping Woman is based on a Mexican folklore of a woman who drowns her kids as a form of revenge against her husband. Regretting her actions she kills herself and now roams the mortal world claiming children to replace hers. Weeping Woman is just another entry into this never ending franchise. It has nothing new to offer except a new folklore. Cardellini is always a charmer even if she is running from demons. Watch the Curse of a Weeping Woman if you love jump scares because that's all it has to offer. The backstory, the main plot & the demon/supernatural entity are just not convincing enough. #thecurseoftheweepingwoman

• 16h ago

Not the weakest entry in the Conjuring verse, however this movie lacks substance and is more about the jump scare, quite similar to a lot of big production horror movies these days. I like the lore of La Llorona and I am a fan of Linda Cardellini so It was fun seeing her in a lead role again. Overall though this movie is ok at best.

• 2d ago

I really do not get the hate for this film. It has fun scares that got me rattled up! Thats what I expected.

• 4d ago

one of the best dark comedies of the year. it wasnt striving to be but most of the audience left laughing

• 4d ago

movie veered from the tale I was told as a child. should have taken place in New Mexico and back in the day instead of modern day. would have captured more of the folklore.

Not a good movie don’t loose your money

Not a good movie don’t loose your money

• 6d ago

Kinda scared me at some points but overall it wasn’t as I was told when I was little.