The Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Family Reviews

September 2, 2017
Though this film has a few bright spots, a solid cast and a decent end action scene none of them are enough to sustain this crime comedy as it is unfunny, dramatically inert, unoriginal and lacking in script and plot which makes it a chore to watch. Luc Besson has done far better and quite frankly I would have thought a film like this was beneath him.
½ July 23, 2017
Slow, unfunny and the violence from the children was uncomfortable to watch.
½ July 1, 2017
Very enjoyable and one scene is just awesome
March 26, 2017
ACTION, FUNNY AND SERIOUS LOVED IT
February 19, 2017
A lil funny but not too much. it's a lazy movie, like someone wrote it over a brunch conversation.
½ January 31, 2017
I liked it. Great cast, easy watching funny story
January 22, 2017
Funny and interesting, but unoriginal and predictable, with a weak and confusing script.
December 19, 2016
A lot more entertaining than I had imagined. Well worth the watch
½ September 11, 2016
Puntaje Original: 5.5

Este es el resultado cuando mezclas una película de adultos con una de adolescentes, una mi*rda.
½ September 7, 2016
The Family is really funny.
½ August 13, 2016
This was an alright movie from director Luc Besson starring Robert Senior and Michelle Pfeiffer.
Mob family in witness protection get hunted down.
½ June 23, 2016
160622: Upon second viewing, this film is pretty damn harsh. I didn't quite remember the intensity of the final scenes (they are worth watching alone). Generally light-hearted and almost comedic, this film cranks itself up significantly in the final thirty minutes becoming a serious mafia film. For myself, I found it a somewhat uncomfortable mix of genres. You come to realize this almost loveable, mixed-up, yet loyal family, are actually a bunch of hardcore psychopaths; much like the crew pursuing them. De Niro leads a great cast including an endearing Pfeiffer and Jones. I even liked the FBI guys. I can see myself coming back to enjoy this film every few years. Unlike many of the reviews I have read, in reflection, I really enjoyed this film. At least 3.5 stars.
June 22, 2016
Like father like daughter, and mother like son this family is FUCKED! When you lived with so much crime and evil, and try to live normal lives, everything seems to be either for you or against you, that threats that normality. Having known how handle yourself and people, organized crime and punishment that follows those whom cross you, this family is Fucked! When that is all the family knows, is proud of and is brought up to do, that you can't escape. When playing cat and mouse grows tiresome and once you finally get to know your captors, it's a less lonely compared to others whom dont really know who you are. When you are out on the run, it's hard to settle and the only company you keep is family +1 (the law). When you have history of problems, even with the law on your back you seem to carry on the history of crime and pass it on to your kids to follow. It's an never ending memoir of the family that keeps on going.
½ May 23, 2016
As a Hollywood comedy with established names it is passable, as a comedy on its own it is not.
April 5, 2016
Funny and violent film about a mob snitch in witness protection in Normandy. Great cast! Would make an even better tv show.
March 10, 2016
So disappointing with such a stellar cast. Don't bother, REALLY bad script.
February 12, 2016
At times funny, but come on! If you need to put an american mafioso in witness protectipn with his family, this might not be the most subtle way of doing it: on french country side? And mafia hitmen with big hats? Unlikely.....
½ February 9, 2016
Al Capone always said, asking polite with a gun in your hand is always better than just asking polite.
½ February 8, 2016
This was poor. A mess. Wasn't sure if i was watching a Meet the Parents style movie and somebody changing the channel to a high school teen flick while i went for a piss. Stopped watching after 45 mins. Don't think i missed out
January 31, 2016
I guess the trouble with success is that everything one does after that success is measured against it. Having done so many perfect performances in so many classic films, DeNiro is cursed to live up to those high water marks forever. The Family was panned by so many critics that I hesitated to even waste $1 on a Redbox rental fee. I watched it today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Was it "The Godfather" ...no! Was it "Goodfellas"? ....no. but on it's own it was a well done,exciting film that I am glad I saw. Violent...oh yeah! But the violence fit the story and the script very well indeed. The supporting cast including Michelle Pfiefer were all strong as well. Another instance where critics can not be trusted. You be the judge and see this entertaining movie. Ken K.