The Farewell Reviews

• Jorge M
    6h ago

Great film about the loss of a loved one and roller coaster of emotions one goes through. I just feel it was a little long and could have used some editing

• 7h ago

Prepare a box of tissues, you're gonna need it. #saogood #saoreal #raw

Prepare a box of tissues, you're gonna need it. #saogood #saoreal #raw

• stefanie s
    9h ago

I can't rate the movie, because we did not see the end the power went out on the West Side of Manhattan Saturday night.

• Jonathan
    11h ago

A great blend of humor and drama, The Farewell exceeded expectations and hits home to every Asian-American. Awkwafinas performance was top-notch, but not Oscar-worthy as some might want to believe. Shes still got a little more to go to get there. The story was emotional and the family dynamic was exceptional. Nai Nai and Billie have the best chemistry Ive seen for 2019. The love between them so genuine, its almost as if they actually were related. It was a bit odd laughing at certain parts because I wasnt sure whether it was appropriate or not, but I attended a QA with the director and she said it was intentional. I think this movie is more than just East vs West or the importance of culture, but it delves deep into the fabric of family and whether it is right to hold the truth just so we can spare a loved one misery. In the end, The Farewell is a top-notch movie and one of the best of 2019.

• EP
    11h ago

Great movie, I am surprised it's only available in NYC at the moment. I think this should definitely be offered everywhere! A great film for the whole family!

• Brian C
    13h ago

Great, naturalistic ensemble acting, like a Mike Leigh film, so much life-sized emotion and depth of character.

• tyrone c
    19h ago

Totally relate to this movie about not opening up and sharing your feelings especially with the ones that you are close to. A false sense of ok is the status quo.

• 21h ago

Good in segments, but was never cohesive enough to have become attached to any of the characters. Character development was somewhat solid for some, not so much for others. Sadly, Billi played by AWKWAFINA was one character that kind of wondered as to why her attachments to her grandma were so strong.

• 22h ago

Poignant. Exceptional.

Poignant. Exceptional.

• Jul 15, 2019

This is a PSA for hugging your grandma masquerading as a movie. And it is perfectly precious in every way.