The Final Member - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Final Member Reviews

½ February 5, 2016
The story itself wasn't as compelling as I hoped but the people involved certainly are a bit fascinating.
½ March 1, 2014
I didn't see the point in this documentary. Yes it's bizarre to collect penises, but does it have any impact on the world we know. To me this only serves the purpose to create laughs and makes you make funny expressions to what you see.
June 13, 2014
Strange documentary about something that really shouldn't be so strange. A man's quest to complete the only penis museum in the world.
½ June 12, 2014
It was a good documentary about a very strange topic, that played extremely well the whole situation with enough humor and humanity. It was quite bizarre to look at this men talking about their genitalia and thinking of how great importance it was and what it meant to them to be part of this museum. But also, it wasn't all superficial or about fame and recognition-in some cases-but instead more about personal decisions that delved into more human and honest reasons. It was very interesting and quite surprising going in and out.
June 5, 2014
Since they mailed me a preserved bull penis to promote this documentary about the curator of the Iceland Phallological Museum and his quest for a human penis specimen, I had to watch. What a weird story... one American wanted to donated his junk while he was still alive!
½ February 5, 2016
November 16, 2015
It's all about PENIS.
November 9, 2015
For fans of bizarre humor, this is a must see. The starkly-serious tone makes this move absolutely hilarious. The subject's seriousness about his collection of penises and penis related items is sure to make you either laugh out loud or cringe in utter bewilderment and disbelief.
April 25, 2015
This film does not treat its odd characters and subject matter as a joke (though the film has plenty of humor) but with respect.
½ March 1, 2014
½ January 21, 2015
A weird subject for a documentary but it is more about the subjects of the film than the topic. Like King of Kong a fist full of Quarters there is a villain and a hero that would feel over the top in a traditional movie.
January 3, 2015
This tale isn't so much about finding a human penis to be displayed in the Icelandic phallological museum, but more of the story of the men who are willing to donate. Particularly the pathological American who takes penis obsession to a whole new level.
December 13, 2014
A real tearjerker... Surprisingly full score.
November 23, 2014
The dedication that dude had! Brilliant. Surprisingly moving. I only giggled once, when he mentioned it took him 37 years to get the human one.
½ November 11, 2014
This could have been an outrageously silly and embarassing film (and I was squirming at certain points) but it was quite the film about a man's life work. Which has to do with penises.
½ September 25, 2014
Well, a film about "Siggi" Hjartarson and his penis museum. Siggi's museum have penises from loads of species, but there is one that that he doesn't have - the human penis.

A documentary and some sort of race to be the first one to make a donation. We follow the quest - who will be the lucky one?

A humorus undertone but always very serious. Sadly it's not THAT interesting and it get's a bit boring.
Well produced and great music helps, but this is just a far-out documentary that would fit better as an "Museums of the World"-episode or a similar series.

5 out of 10 jars.
September 20, 2014
Interesting enough. Funny to see the weirdos who want to donate their wangs. The American guy is a real treat.
September 21, 2014
The world's ONLY penis museum, so many specimens to carefully study, admire, take photos of, oh my if you can make it all the way to Iceland, there is one must visit museum: The Phallological Museum showcasing four decades worth of mammalian members, from a petite field mouse to the colossal sperm whale penis! We have a friendly curator named Siguršur "Siggi" Hjartarson, who yearns to complete his collection by adding a human penis and a local man known for his womanizing ways offers to donate his member upon his death. An American also wishes to donate his penis and wants to create an elaborate display for his member which he insists must be erect for display purposes. Oh folks this documentary is interesting, educational and very engaging! Best of all, available in HD on Netflix instant streaming so for penis fans out there, ladies, check out this documentary. Recommended!!
½ September 13, 2014
Terribly made, and blatantly padded. Could've been an interesting short, I guess. As it stands it's repetitive and contains a lot of useless scenes. And worst of all it makes a joke of its subjects. It's edited in a way that casts a hipster's ironic eye roll over a lot of the proceedings, the modern equivalent of a laugh track.
August 2, 2014
Interesting but nothing so great to be a feature