Reviews

• 6d ago

With an adapted Halloween score, a ghost ship, dead pirates moving like creepy actors at a haunted house attraction, and the scream queen mother/daughter duo of Janet Leigh and Jamie Lee Curtis, this horror show, at the very least, is a lot of fun.

• Sep 09, 2021

Slow and not scary, The Fog is not Carpenter's best in terms of delivering true horror. But it's well-written and enjoyable nonetheless.

• Sep 04, 2021

Great film centered around a classical mystery. And the ending is to die for...literally.

• Aug 24, 2021

Fantastic from beggining to end. Loved the 1980s vibe, the slowly mounting horror and great old fashioned characters .

• Aug 23, 2021

On first watch this is actually one of my favourite Carpenter films. It's highly atmospheric (the shots of the fog itself are fantastic), with a developed lore/mythos behind it. A lot of people seem to consider this to be formalist in nature, but to me it can be read as an allegory of the dark side of thanksgiving...

• Aug 11, 2021

One of my favorite John Carpenter films. Instead of gore this one relies on telling a tale that's creepy and very atmospheric. Also this one consists of likable characters which make you care about what happens to them. The score for this film is just as exciting as the one Carpenter did for 'Halloween'. Easily a recommendation for me for any horror fan.

• Jul 27, 2021

From last few days, I have been watching John Carpenter's movie. I read alot of good things about this movie and watched it. I liked the idea of the movie and it was different for that time. For your info, this movie is now considered cult classic. For me, the movie was tense but not scary. There are some good tense scenes. But for the most part, I felt like I was watching just an ordinary drama with some supernatural elements. If we talk about performances, everyone did a fine job. Direction by John Carpenter was just like his other movies such as Halloween and The Thing. There was some issues with pacing but it will not effect the overall experience. Overall, the movie is good and different for it's time. It was just that I expected too much and I found it underwhelming.

• Jul 27, 2021

The Fog is an entertaining film with a talented cast and a fantastic director. Definitely recommend.

• Jul 16, 2021

The Fog boasts talent infront and behind the camera, unfortunately tho the slow pacing, the uninteresting characters and the silly plot make for a very disappointing film. (4/10)

• Jul 06, 2021

Old fashioned ghost story that's frightening, suspenseful and action packed.

Old fashioned ghost story that's frightening, suspenseful and action packed.