The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Reviews

August 5, 2017
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" benefits from two particularly committed performances by Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara, David Fincher's usual mastery for psychological thrillers and Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross' hauting soundtrack in this adaptation of the well-known Swedish tale that is both disturbing and engaging.
July 23, 2017
Stieg Larsson's second film adaptation of the same book, I have to see the original Swedish films later. Journalist Mikael Blomkvist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing for forty years by Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker. Rooney Mara has a lot of talent and this movie proves it. The plot is intriguing and smart and it has a good structure.
July 22, 2017
The Tone, The Score, The Acting, The Cinematography, I am speechless.
July 17, 2017
David Fincher showing again why he is one of the best directors in Hollywood. This film is incredibly made. It is a dialogue driven film. Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara have great chemistry together and work off each other well. Mara deservedly was nominated for the best actress Oscar. This is a dark movie so be prepared for that when going in. Another great crime/drama that Fincher does so well.
July 7, 2017
Altamente competente, brutalmente inteligente, voraz. Baseado no romance sueco Män som hatar kvinnor, de Stieg Larsson, dirigido por David Fincher (The Social Network) com adaptação de Steven Zaillian (Schindler's List): The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo traz no card principal Daniel Craig (Casino Royale) como Mikael Blomkvist e Rooney Mara (The Social Network) como Lisbeth Salander.
½ June 30, 2017
David Fincher yet again proves himself to be one of the finest directors working in Hollywood at the moment with another tightly composed, flawlessly scripted, and consistently engrossing entry to his filmography. I wish I had watched this sooner.
½ June 26, 2017
A film masterfully directed by David Fincher and an unbelievable performance by Rooney Mara.
June 22, 2017
This film is amazing and incredible. The girl with the dragon tattoo is really a mystery and suspense film and I gotta tell you it is very hard to watch sometimes in some parts but overall it's a very very good film well done David fincher you made one hell of a good film very mysterious film but incredible. Well done better than alien 3 so much better.
May 13, 2017
An excellent mystery film, with that constant sense of fear and dread Fincher has always seemed to be able to handle with more discipline and purpose than any other director. Aside from a few moments of questionable accent work, the acting is great (Rooney Mara especially). The score is also worth mentioning, as its intentionally misplaced notes and screeching synths add tremendously to the tension.
May 9, 2017
Buena buena buena buena!!!!
April 23, 2017
Rooney Mara's not the only one disguised with a load of gothic makeup. TGWTDT is a conventional whodunnit given a modern makeover. One star deducted for presenting violence against women as entertainment while pretending to condemn it.
April 17, 2017
Decent movie. However, not true to Stieg Larsson's book and a far second to the Swedish film. How can you completely change the story like that? Hollywood, please stick to what works...
April 10, 2017
1999's Fight Club Is One Of My Favorite Films.
½ April 5, 2017
Pretty weak compared to Swedish original.
½ April 1, 2017
Cleanly shot against stunning backgrounds, but completely fails to capture the feel or flow of the story. It's no surprise that this telling of story ended with the first chapter.
You'd be better served by the Swedish movies, or even better, read the books.
½ March 31, 2017
Very violent movie about a girl who is a closed book of no emotions. She gets a big painful tattoo after a man rapes her, and then returns to see him again so she can sodomize him with a giant dildo. Not for your kids for sure, but I enjoyed it for its mystery in the second half of the movie. I also read the book, and like both.
½ March 27, 2017
not as good as the original
½ March 20, 2017
The first movie to have really captured my attention in a long time.
March 11, 2017
Nice version for a Hollywood movie of the Swedish film
February 25, 2017
Some of it was underwhelming, but at least it was good.