The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Reviews

April 23, 2017
Rooney Mara's not the only one disguised with a load of gothic makeup. TGWTDT is a conventional whodunnit given a modern makeover. One star deducted for presenting violence against women as entertainment while pretending to condemn it.
April 17, 2017
Decent movie. However, not true to Stieg Larsson's book and a far second to the Swedish film. How can you completely change the story like that? Hollywood, please stick to what works...
April 10, 2017
1999's Fight Club Is One Of My Favorite Films.
½ April 5, 2017
Pretty weak compared to Swedish original.
½ April 1, 2017
Cleanly shot against stunning backgrounds, but completely fails to capture the feel or flow of the story. It's no surprise that this telling of story ended with the first chapter.
You'd be better served by the Swedish movies, or even better, read the books.
½ March 31, 2017
Very violent movie about a girl who is a closed book of no emotions. She gets a big painful tattoo after a man rapes her, and then returns to see him again so she can sodomize him with a giant dildo. Not for your kids for sure, but I enjoyed it for its mystery in the second half of the movie. I also read the book, and like both.
½ March 27, 2017
not as good as the original
½ March 20, 2017
The first movie to have really captured my attention in a long time.
March 11, 2017
Nice version for a Hollywood movie of the Swedish film
February 25, 2017
Some of it was underwhelming, but at least it was good.
½ February 22, 2017
This movie was awesome! My only complaint was length, but I think they had no choice.
February 21, 2017
It wasn't bad per se, just not great. I often didn't know what was happening and even when I did I didn't care. I was not invested. It was very David Fincher, this was a good thing, but it seemed to lack substance, too much flair not enough care. It was competent and fine, but could have been way better. Things just happened. Normally I'm a Fincher fan, as well as crime mystery fan, but this was just kind of boring and shallow. Even the ending (all 3 of them) were disappointing and drawn out. I wonder if the original was better. 6.5/10
February 13, 2017
David Fincher showing again why he is one of the best directors in Hollywood. This film is incredibly made. It is a dialogue driven film. Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara have great chemistry together and work off each other well. Mara deservedly was nominated for the best actress Oscar. This is a dark movie so be prepared for that when going in. Another great crime/drama that Fincher does so well.
January 31, 2017
"Millenium - the men who did not love women," for that is, what a strong name, just as the film is also strong, with a seven-faced and a zoadic painted, fincher's investigative suspense hits again. We have here a very well worked script, not only in the construction and immersion of what is being investigated, but in the construction of an environment as a whole, its two protagonists are spectacularly presented and developed, all their nuances and dikes are shown, not always Played in the viewer's face, but for those who are paying attention, he perceives everything that guides our protagonists, just as the Vanger family, all their hatred of inheritance, their feuds and disagreements are extremely immersive, fault of this excellent fincher script that tells the story of Mikael Bomkvist (Daniel Craig) and Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara), a man who lives within social standards but is professionally discredited and a woman living out of social standards very professionally credited, the two unite to investigate a case in a family, Where there has been a disappearance more than 30 years. The film talks about invasion of privacy, domestic violence and abuse in a rough way, is like a punch in the stomach, the character of Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara) is incredible, a Gothic, with a completely opposite look of what is described in Social conventions that fight against itself in a search for something real. Technically, the film is very good, first the photography, we have nothing from another world, but the photography is always sober, gray, with darker tones, very traditional Fincher films, except in moments of flashbacks, there the Lighter tones take over, the film is clear and with a paler color palette, we can observe a care in this matter in every film, and the soundtrack is always sagacious, nothing memorable, but it is there, always. Rooney Mara, accustomed to cute roles is here completely decharacterized, and makes a very sober acting, just like her partner. Finally, "Millenium - Men who did not love women" is a movie that pleases.
January 25, 2017
Once again, Fincher demonstrates why he is one of the most unique directors ever and one of the few that can make a movie AS good as the book based off.
January 16, 2017
The moment this film gets under your skin, it stays there.
In the end you feel just how the girl with the dragon tattoo feels.
January 15, 2017
I liked the "Americanized" version. I wish they would make the others
January 9, 2017
Truly one of my favorite films from one of my favorite directors. This film is full of beautiful imagery and amazing performances. An impeccably crafted thriller that thoroughly entertains
½ January 7, 2017
Never read the book and din't expect much from the film. I was wrong mainly owing to the superb casting of Craig and particularly Rooney Mara whose performance dominates the film. Great storyline and well directed.
January 7, 2017
- Watched this a 2nd time and enjoyed it. David Fincher directs it with such style and Rooney Mara is excellent. The film has tremendous atmosphere. I'd have to watch the original film again to say which I liked more, but from what I recall they are different and both well done.

- I thought this was a really well made film. I haven't seen the original yet so can't compare them, but this very was good. I really like Rooney Mara in the lead role and Daniel Craig was good as well. Fincher is on quite a hot streak in my opinion, in fact I have pretty much liked all his films. Check it out!