The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Reviews

February 13, 2018
Crime thriller doesn't get any better or more stylish.
½ January 30, 2018
A stark and dark murder mystery, with an edge. Mara gives an excellent performance. AFI 1001
January 28, 2018
This is the second time Daniel Craig has appeared in a thwarted film series , the His Dark Materials trilogy being the other. So it's a good job he wasn't cast as Harry Potter. Although how much better the world would be if he'd been in the first Hobbit, Star Wars, Alien or Jaws movies. It's a shame because this is smart and stylish with great performances from both leads, as well as a wonderful supporting cast. The violence can be graphic, the lawyers comeuppance is horrifying (if rather satisfying). The loss of momentum on getting the other books on film is a real lost opportunity. That said, the originals are there to view and that's no bad thing.
January 23, 2018
A very well put together film with some great shots - but still feels like it is missing something. Not quite as impactful as many of Fincher's other masterpieces.
½ January 16, 2018
For those who have seen the original, you'll love this version too. This is David Fincher at his best. The brutal role of Lisbeth Salander belongs none other than Rooney Mara.
½ January 4, 2018
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Una notable dirección de David Fincher y una loable actuación de Rooney Mara. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo nos ofrece una intrigante e impactante historia.
½ January 3, 2018
Another good film by David Fincher, even if a little confusing and not as clever as his other work. While it works as a standalone movie, I feel like the miniseries or the books should have been my first choice.
½ January 1, 2018
David Fincher's films are cerebrally beguiling experiences more often than not. He's a director who is a complete master of subtlety in cinema. Every shot is always meticulously planned and executed with a unique mastery.
In a conclusion which didn't shock me as much as I originally thought it would, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is more than just another great film from one of modern cinema's most enigmatic directors. It's a further development in the modern psychological thriller which hasn't been attempted before. It's true, the plot is somewhat complex enough to merit multiple viewings, but the overall brilliance of the film is enough to bring more cinema enthusiasts around for a second or third viewing on its own. Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara have an intense and volatile chemistry throughout the film, and bring a somewhat visceral dimension to Martin Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander.
However, its the psychological aspect which adds much of the film's edge. This is a dark movie with no restraint placed on the showings of manipulation, mystery, murder, and several different types of abuse which take place onscreen. Its a spellbinding film from beginning to end, with the negative aspects clearly visible as well. The first truly captivating modern psychological thriller in almost a decade.
½ December 23, 2017
F

8.1

[David Fincher]
½ December 11, 2017
I Did Not Find This Variation, Only 10-Or-So Years After The Original Swedish Version, As Intriguing. It Had More Of An Emotive, Garish Vibe That Suited Some, But Not All The Story. The Upbeat, Stealing Money From The Bank, Fast-Paced Ending Didn't Suit The Initial Slow Burn. The Last 30-Min Is A Race To The End, Which I Guess Came Out Of Screen-Testing Audience Feedback, Common In North-American Releases, That Look For Box-Office Success, & Were Probably Told Time & Again "Oh, It Goes For Too Long, Speed It Up, Not Enough Action".. And So They Did, Which Gave The Whole Thing Two Different Films, In Two Different Sections, With Two Different Vibes...Didn't Work For Me.
½ November 27, 2017
I didn't see the original, but any way it goes, I was not too terribly impressed. Did I totally miss something very important, or what does the dragon tattoo have to do with anything? So, she's a "punk" with tattoos - so is everyone else these days. Other than that apparently meaningless note, it's not the worst movie ever made - _ I just don't need to watch it again. I could be wrong though. It's supposed to be based on a trilogy of books, so maybe there is some significance to the tattoo. I did not read the books, so I really don't know.
November 17, 2017
This film is amazing and incredible. The girl with the dragon tattoo is really a mystery and suspense film and I gotta tell you it is very hard to watch sometimes in some parts but overall it's a very very good film well done David fincher you made one hell of a good film very mysterious film but incredible. Well done better than alien 3 so much better.
November 13, 2017
One of David Fincher's best films, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a modern masterpiece. I haven't read the book, but I have seen the original 2009 film, and Fincher's version is a noticeable improvement on it. Daniel Craig givers a fantastic performance, and Rooney Mara is absolutely perfect as Lisbeth Salander. It's brutal and a couple scenes are hard to watch, but that just makes the film that much better.
½ November 12, 2017
Having read the books I did know what to expect but this did not stop some of the scenes being very disturbing. Nevertheless strong performances throughout and a good tempo kept me engaged. Maybe one criticism would be the speed which Salmander and Blomkvist were meant to establish the bond but understandable in a Hollywood film.
November 11, 2017
****
The funny thing about this 2011 remake of 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' is that, in the hands of almost anyone else, it would've turned out to be another average, un-notworthy thriller. In the hands of David Fischer, however, it's turned into something so much more. Carefully crafted and stunning on every technical level; the movie also supports fantastic performances, especially from the two leads. It sometimes falters in the telling of its mystery and was slightly incoherent in that respect but, thanks to Fincher's magic touch, this is a remake that actually has a right to exist.
November 7, 2017
I didn?t see this film first time around, but have just watched it on TV. Rooney Mara is truly wonderful in this film and it ends with you just wanting more. If a sequel is ever made, not casting her would be criminal.

I really wish Swedish films would have Swedish actors and English subtitles. But for this film, I was happy to make an exception. There are lots of themes mixed in this story, family love gone wrong, Nazism, corruption at the top and abuse. But friendship is also one of them too.
October 29, 2017
6/10.
The Swedish film in a version of David Fincher. I've seen the original some years back. Both are equally good to watch.
It's really good to have at least one trust friend as a hacker.
½ October 23, 2017
Great character development and heart wrenching moments makes this film worth a watch.
October 13, 2017
Great movie on par with the original which this ripped off.
September 29, 2017
Pretty excellent film. Fincher's style is always appreciated.