The Gunman Reviews

• Jun 25, 2019

Not Pena’s best, nor will it be on anyone’s top 10, but still much better than all the negative reviews.

• Jun 22, 2019

It was pretty awful. The female lead couldnt act to save her life and the plot flowed together so poorly you couldnt really understand what was happening until the credits rolled.

• May 20, 2019

The story is stretched paper thin, the dialogue is the furthest thing from authentic, the overuse of character narration (in the form of radio transmissions) sounds like it was created in a basement edit suite. Just plain horrible.

• Oct 06, 2018

Not usually a fan of Sean Penn, but found his performance as well as the storyline entertaining,

• Sep 16, 2018

you know, despite the implausibility of it all, I found it enjoyable and strangely compelling. Penn is a great actor with an intensity that can lift anything. The comparisons with those awful but enjoyable Liam Neeson films IS obvious. By comparison, this takes itself more seriously and tries to mean more. It probably fails in that, but Penn is much more real as a character, and the political backdrop tries with a modicum of success to give us something to care about.

• Jan 15, 2018

Nah...Penn doesn’t make the transition to mature action star in my books. The film is dull too and it’s set prices are nothing special

• Aug 29, 2017

Nothing to write home about. A Jack Reacheri-sh fellow who can beat people up in close hand-to-hand combat and fight his way out of situations. Tries to have a politically correct plot about multi-nationals exploiting developing countries. I watched it all the way through but it's all stuff we've seen before.

• Jun 16, 2017

With weak characters, a muddled plot, and a sluggish pace, there isn’t much to say about this movie. Everything they show tries to convey social commentary on blood minerals, but isn’t reinforced strongly enough in my opinion. Pierre Morel simply doesn’t give it the same flair he gave Taken. With a soundtrack by Marco Beltrami that does its job, an appropriate tone, and reasonably salty language, The Gunman may be better left forgotten. That’s really all I gotta say, except that it’s best for background noise.

• Apr 23, 2017

Some good action but not an exceptional movie in any way.

Some good action but not an exceptional movie in any way.

• Feb 07, 2017

Entertaining enough, but felt like a poor attempt to emulate the action of Taken.