The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Reviews

½ May 14, 2019
This movie is not epic, is ridiculous. It ruined the Middle Earth world. The battle strategie makes no sense, the way the dwarfs fight is pathetic and makes no sense. It doesn't show a Tolkien world, it is a Disney childish fantasy.
½ May 9, 2019
The way i see it, this was just a money making film. If they didnt put so much extra irrelevant rubbish in the first 2, this waste of time wouldn't have had to exist.
½ April 29, 2019
I can't tell if it's brilliant or brilliantly stupid.
½ April 17, 2019
An abomination. I recently watched a fan edited version of whole trilogy and was so much better than original until it reached final movie content, but nothing can save the 3rd one. I can't believe anyone could make such a bad B-movie with such a good cast and big budget. If you like CGI $%^& with bad story and terrible direction - good luck with it!
April 3, 2019
I am a hardcore Tolkien fan and I loved this movie but it didn't need to be a trilogy.
March 31, 2019
The beginning is essential to see the end of the story of the dragon. But it ended with a long boring battle that was annoying as anything. I hated this movie by the end.
March 30, 2019
This movie was everything it should have been, and the extended edition is even better. It mostly focuses on the reunion of the different species on Middle-earth to avoid destruction and save themselves from the threat of the Great Eye (aka Sauron, an all-powerful ball of flame with a dark pupil). He returns to the battlefield and battles sorcerers in one of the best scenes in fictional history. It would seem any scene is scary as long as the Great Eye is involved in it. The only real buzzkill is knowing Smaug is making a comeback only for him to appear for like a minute and be defeated, just like Ronan the Accuser in the boring, forgettable "Captain Marvel".
March 21, 2019
3.21.19 library dvd w/Sh & J
½ March 19, 2019
The Hobbit trilogy comes to an epic conclusion, though it does not have the impact that the original trilogy had. I think The Battle Of The Five Armies did a decent job ending the trilogy on a high note.
March 16, 2019
I'm in love with this franchise <3
½ March 14, 2019
It doesn't reach the standards set by the original trilogy, but Battle of the Five Armies is at the very least an entertaining addition to the second round of Tolkien's adapted classics.
March 13, 2019
Martin Freeman remains the best part of the Hobbit trilogy, which is the only element that really stands out in Battle of the Five Armies's boring and illogical spectacle of CGI-fantasy action. Ending the Hobbit films with its worst entry.
March 11, 2019
The mountain goats came from nowhere. Which, consequently, is where the script seemed to be going.
½ March 10, 2019
Am I the only one who likes this trilogy more than LOTR?
½ March 8, 2019
The final instalment of the Hobbit trilogy frantically delivers, giving us constant action, with the whole second half of the film being a huge battle scene. Jackson gives us a stirring finale. It's precious.
March 8, 2019
Very apparent they struggled to stretch one book into three movies. Entertaining yes, but not for die hard Tolkien fans.
February 16, 2019
Moments of this film really shine...the moments surrounding Biblo and Thorin, when we are not watching an epic hour long CGI battle. Unfortunately, all of Peter Jackson's terrible traits as a director are on display here as well. It is obvious the Hobbit should of been two films now.
February 10, 2019
The Hobbit was a good trilogy, not a great trilogy. The issue was the forced connections and splitting the novel into three films. When I heard the series would be two films, that was okay, but three films was way too much. This film is a war film, nothing else and while it is fun, it really lacks the depth that Return of the King delivered. The final showdown is worth the time alone, and this film has a strong conclusion, something ROTK lacked. I didn't like the roll into Fellowship, we really didn't need the forced connection, Jackson should have allowed this series to stand on its own two feet. Strong action scenes and sacrifice, that Marvel should take a few notes from. Hollywood need to create more fantasy films like this, and learn that these films will only fail in the wrong hands. Jackson was the right choice for middle earth, and there is many other franchises waiting for the big screen. The fatigue of the series is felt here, you really feel The Hobbit was only two films, and this is just extra. The film is very short, which begs the question. Why didn't they use a little more time with building this into a bigger movie? The weakest of the series, only due to the simplistic storytelling here. 10/02/2019.
February 6, 2019
Para pasar el tiempo está muy bien, la parte de la confrontación tiene en algunos momentos unos efectos muy buenos, pero para comprender mejor la película es mejor ver las 2 anteriores , ya que esta es el cierre.
January 24, 2019
Compared to the other two Hobbit films, this one ends a little more flat, but the first half of the film is great. There was too much reliance on CGI for the whole series, where practical effects would have made the experience more real. The conclusion is satisfying and the film is entertaining, even if it could have been better. This is probably the least of the Hobbit films though. I do like the progression of Thorin through his addiction to sacrificing his pride for his honor, and as he said, the world would be a lot better if people were more concerned with the home than their riches.