The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Reviews

• 12h ago

Bigger and better than the original in every way just like a sequel should be, Catching Fire is a tense, emotional and action-packed film with terrific performances from the entire cast, fluent & beautiful direction by Francis Lawrence and a strong narrative that makes you understand all the things going on; it feels more enriching and has a very realistic look to it with all the right dramatic elements to go in with the badass action sequences that also makes for a much better paced film.. It really makes you hate the capitol, and it shows that in all the right ways. The only downside is the Stanley Tucci stuff which i kinda disliked in this film and felt didn't add anything of interest to the film and a bit too abrupt ending.

• Feb 16, 2021

The book was obviously better but it's still a fantastically well made film

The book was obviously better but it's still a fantastically well made film

• Jan 28, 2021

An almost perfect adaptation of the novel. Best film of the franchise!

An almost perfect adaptation of the novel. Best film of the franchise!

• Jan 25, 2021

Nice adventure movie and an impressive filming way.

Nice adventure movie and an impressive filming way.

• Jan 10, 2021

So good! Not as great as the first one, but pretty heckin close.

So good! Not as great as the first one, but pretty heckin close.

• Jan 05, 2021

Incredible film. As good as, if not better, than the book.

Incredible film. As good as, if not better, than the book.

• Dec 23, 2020

So so good. Seen it a billion times and it never gets old for me, I will always adore this movie. Better than the first one.

• Dec 05, 2020

Now this is how you do a sequel and adaptation! Francis Lawrence translated the book into film so incredibly well it makes me so happy. Once again, every actor and casting is amazing especially Jennifer Lawrence. Each gives a passionnate, exciting and emotional performance. The riots and all the political stuff is so intriguing and handled really well and gives the first half clear stakes and makes it really intense. The movie is also paced much better. Deapite a few rushed scenes, every scene is as long as it needs to be and makes the experience very smmoth. Now, about the Hunger Games aspect. Seeing old winners and other districts was one of my favorite parts of the book so I was happy that Lawrence nailed that aspect, especially with Finnick and Johanna, whose characters are captured perfectly. Hell, every character is handled really well. The design for the arena is inspired and incredible and the action is creative, intense and filmed much better. It's clear Lawrence really wanted to please fans of the book and he did. Wish they added the scenes of the previous Hunger Games and some scenes like Katniss's judging were longer but overall, a great adaptation.

• Nov 16, 2020

Better than the first. Better opponents and better action.

Better than the first. Better opponents and better action.

• Nov 05, 2020

This film starring Jennifer Lawrence is action packed that will keep the viewers eye on the screen. To the phenomenal acting, this Hunger Games is my favorite the arena looks amazing, the conflict within Katniss herself. Also the conflict with Panem(government) that starts to build up even more. This film isn't just about battling to see who wins, there is a lot more story to it. It may start off slower in the beginning, but that builds more plot which helps the series continue onto Mockingjay Part 1 and Part 2. This film will make you go through lots of different emotions. You will also begin to get attached to these characters. I highly recommend every movie in the series.