The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 Reviews

April 17, 2017
Personally I hated the book also, it seemed like it was written by a fan and that the author didn't know how to finish the series so she killed everyone. The movie was incredibly boring to watch and I was so uninterested I actually fell asleep so I had to re-watch it to see if it got better. It didn't. I will say though part 2 was significantly better, but again the story-line just seemed like she was writing to whatever would give the biggest reaction/or please the fans the most.
½ April 14, 2017
The first of a pointless break up of the final book. The film itself is gripping but suffers from poor pacing and can drag at times. It is made clear from its sequel that this should have been one larger movie rather than two separate ones.
½ April 1, 2017
This film is exactly what it needs to be, and it is extremely underrated. It is not dull, it is dark, gritty, emotional, captivating. Every scene is filled with such raw emotion. Besides from the District 8 scene, everything is directed wonderfully.
½ March 28, 2017
Mockingjay Part 1, is a very slow paced movie, but has some good action scenes and dialogue!
½ March 17, 2017
Did a great job explaining the plot and building up to the next film. Had several tense moments and great CGI. However, much of the film is dialogue and it is not as action-packed as the others.
½ March 14, 2017
The beginning of the end, Part 1 sets the pieces on the board for the finale. We learn some more about some characters.
½ March 10, 2017
I haven't been very fond of the earlier films in this franchise. It's not that I thought they were terrible films, but they felt like attempts to take pulpy, frothy material and make extremely serious and self-important films out of it (which I guess is exactly what they were). Like Christopher Nolan's Batman films, they had all the fun sucked out of them and went on way too long. While nothing has particularly changed when it comes to this film ... if anything, it's egregiously longer since it's only half a film ... something seems to have clicked for me and I found myself enjoying it. Maybe the addition of Julianne Moore made the film hit a sort of talented actor critical mass for me. Anyway, I'm not dreading watching Part 2.
March 10, 2017
Can't wait to see part II. It was good.
February 18, 2017
It was ok, just like the second one. I enjoyed it overall.
February 11, 2017
Love the series as a whole, but this one was a bit too slow for me both in story and in action.
February 10, 2017
Infinitely better then "Catching Fire'm this has Katniss reluctantly becoming the head of the rebel alliance who tries to overthrow the capitol. At least this had more of a coherent story, and makes me wonder what will happen next in the story.
½ February 3, 2017
Ugh. What a mess. There are fine performances but this series takes itself way too seriously. There are better movies that have better social commentary out there, and I don't get why people hold this series in such high regard.
½ February 3, 2017
In my opinion, the best thing about the movie was "The Hanging Tree" song.
½ January 29, 2017
Not the best one. Kind of boring. Worst of the 4.
January 21, 2017
Mockingjay Part 2 was very disappointing to me. It had great action throughout, but becomes scattered all over the place with an anticlimactic ending. I can see the message that this film tries to talk about, but that message drifts away from me after I finished this film.
January 11, 2017
Take notes people...this is how you carry out a revolution!
January 9, 2017
Was something meant to happen in this film? As a standalone it's awful, as an intermission it was uneventful but it's ok as long as the final part adds some real value.
January 9, 2017
Very good 2nd part best bit.
½ January 4, 2017
Seriously - children trying to kill each other with adults cheering on - wtf Hollywood
½ January 2, 2017
An interesting first part to a two part story.