The Impossible - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Impossible Reviews

March 24, 2017
The movie was ok. it was tragic and sad, I thought the acting was great and seeing how strong the actors would put themselves in their positions were quite interesting.
March 16, 2017
Excellent true story movie. Sad at times but with some very touching moments. The tender heart may cry.
½ March 16, 2017
Finally saw this well-crafted emotional movie about natural devastation and its human consequences. Maybe not the best script, but the tsunami scenes and solid cast make up for it.
March 1, 2017
Good movie love true stories.
½ March 1, 2017
Tragically moving. Astounding and brutally unforgettable
February 28, 2017
I found this boring.
February 21, 2017
a very tragic and emotional film it's really amazing how a family could of survived something so horrible like a tidal wave.
February 21, 2017
You will love this movie if you like movies about real life stories. This movie is based on the true story of a family who endured a tsunami on a family vacation. This movie can be a little scary if natural disasters scare you, because it looks pretty realistic. This is not exactly what you would call a "feel good" family movie. There is definitely a maturity level that comes with this movie which involves some people with a lack of clothing because of the disaster. To tell you the truth I don't know why they had to incorporate that into it, but as long as you are mature, you should be fine. "The Impossible" is a really big eye opener throughout the movie to what people actually go through in these situations, and you may find yourself getting emotional at parts. This is a very serious movie, and I do not recommend it for anyone that is under the age of 13. If you are looking for a movie that is based on a true story that may bring you some tears but turn to be a great story in the end, then you have found your movie!
February 16, 2017
The Impossible
4 out of 5 stars

In 2004 a Vacationing family in Thiland lives are forever changed when a sudden Tsunami hits.

This is probably one of the best disaster films I've watched in a long while, namely because it feels real and its based on a true story of such.

The script is rather straight forward but the cast deliver strong performances that lead the film including a very young Tom Holland. The same with Ewan Mcgreggor and Naomi Watts. You really feel each family memebers struggle and fears as the movie progresses.

Warning though, this movie is a tear-jerker ten fold and it really gut punches you in the feels but not in a forced way and again I think thats due namely to the talent involved.

I really reccomend this one, It was largely overlooked when it came out but it's a good solid watch that's gut wrenching, uplifting and often exciting.
February 13, 2017
Lucas (Holland II) better stick with acting -- he's got a phenomenal take on it.
½ February 11, 2017
JA Bayona and Tom Holland burst onto the scene with a dramatic thriller wrapped up in a disaster film. Bayona makes every second engaging as Holland, McGregor, and Watts make it impossible not to care about them.
½ February 7, 2017
Good film. I like this film it is really well acting and is overly upsetting my problem with it is the spicing is bad but still a good film to watch
½ February 6, 2017
Missing neither tension nor depth, "The Impossible" innovates its disaster movie setup with valuable and powerful acts of kindness, love, generosity, and humanity.
February 3, 2017
Extremely intense, frightening and moving. Amazing movie all around.
February 1, 2017
about the tsunami. specifically about one family & their struggle. it's a very well written & acted documentary. keeps the viewer's attention.
January 30, 2017
Fantastic! I had no idea this movie existed before discovering it on Netflix and I am so happy I watched it.
½ January 29, 2017
I remember events like these from my childhood but never could understand the importance of what was going on. Films like the The Impossible give their viewers an account of what happened to those that survived such disasters. I feel what made this film work, as a whole, was how little they actually show of the tsunami, opting instead for its aftermath. This is where the acting in this movie stands out and, needless to say, its phenomenal. While the ending is kind of what you'd expect in a disaster film, it's no less satisfying to watch and is worth my recommendation.
January 29, 2017
The Impossible is a fantastic movie. The poster is misleading, because this movie's really Tom Holland-led.
January 25, 2017
'The Impossible' is like that fun guest who overstays his welcome. There's a lot to like here except the last thirty minutes which bored me to tears. The movie grabs your attention in the opening few scenes. The tsunami scene is breathtaking. The middle of the movie captivates you with build up, but we're let down let with anticlimactic reveals. Final Score 6.5/10
January 24, 2017
Little overdramatic at times. But solid