The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley Reviews

• 6h ago

Hope she rots in jail

Hope she rots in jail

• 19h ago

The book is much much better. This documentary looks like authors didn't want to offend Elizabeth.

• 4d ago

I just love the great con/scam movies. Enron smartest guys, this, Deniro's Madoff, and this. I can't wait for the next one like this, about WeWork. Or whatever else scam company is crashing in 2020...The same way 2000 dotcom crash brought out all the sham earnings companies of 1999.

• Mar 13, 2020

Great movie on a despicable person!

Great movie on a despicable person!

• Jan 09, 2020

Very informative, but I found it too long and repetitive.

Very informative, but I found it too long and repetitive.

• Dec 01, 2019

A great documentary that shines a light on the dangers of "Enterpreneur" culture.

• May 17, 2019

What a strange person and strange situation.

What a strange person and strange situation.

• Apr 29, 2019

There's nothing terribly notable about this surface-level crime doc, except for the presence of Elizabeth Holmes herself. She's such a uniquely strange but charismatic individual, who perfectly embodies the problems with the formula for unearned Silicon Valley success.

• Apr 18, 2019

It's a really good doc but it's also very incomplete, and for the juiciest part too. It tells a nice story of how this nerd Elizabeth Thanos was a child star and dropped out of Stanford at 19. A few years later she's in Silicon Valley, with a powerful board and many media features proclaiming her genius. The only problem is that it was all based on bullshit. A great concept that was near impossible to execute (yet she went around proclaiming it was already executing to perfection). And that lie got her hundreds of millions in investments from VC's and uber millionaires. A combination of that and irresponsibly putting the public at risk via an agreement with Walgreens to roll out their faulty product/service. Elizabeth made sure that employees were so scared of their monitoring and NDA's that they fear reprisals for letting the public know what was really going. That is except for 2 brave souls who took steps to confide in the Wall St Journal and the other to CMS a government regulatory agency. And between them they took a $10,000,000,000 down to less than $0. And that's where the documentary stops, and it only focused on the "less than $0" part for 5-10 min... when in fact, that story is the most exciting part. They never showed her being accountable for all her fraud and lies. Or the POV from swindled investors. Etc. So instead of being a 5* doc it settled at being a 4* doc. But that's still a compliment as the doc is very entertaining and interesting, and definitely worth a watch.

• Mar 30, 2019

I read John Carreyrou's book and was super excited to see this. It has all the traits of a great scandalous fraud story or at the very least a good episode of American Greed. HBO is so great at making documentaries, I kind of figured that this would be amazing. It really underwhelms. I would encourage you to go read the full book instead. If you're short for time, just read John Carreyrou's WSJ articles.