The Keeping Room Reviews

• 3d ago

The acting and story were excellent.

The acting and story were excellent.

• Jul 10, 2019

I enjoy suspense, but the whole time you'll be thinking, "really what are you doing moron?!" Not exactly my type of suspense.

• May 16, 2019

Me, I'm logical and expect filmmakers to be the same. These two vermin creatures had the opportunity of having two horses from the beginning but chose to let them go so then had to walk everywhere thereafter. Silly. Plus the women 'conveniently' left the pursuers a clue as to her direction. I gave up watching this amateurish production after that.

• Mar 08, 2019

Left without men in the dying days of the American Civil War, three women must fight to defend their home and themselves from two rogue soldiers who have broken off from the fast-approaching Union Army. Stars: Brit Marling, Hailee Steinfeld,Muna Otaru . Dark, brooding and brutal, "The Keeping Room" features finely carved performances in a Civil War period piece that might as well be post-apocalyptic.

• Dec 31, 2018

Well done but a difficult watch with the attempt at realisim and a pace like a tortoise; good performances across the board

• Jul 23, 2018

Strange and thought provoking, not what I expected at all. A better film that the rating suggests. Worth a couple of hours of your time.

• Jul 03, 2018

Plot less but consist of a similar tone to the 1971 film, "The Beguiled" which opens with some African American slaves being senselessly slaughtered by 2 Confederate soldiers of Moses (Sam Worthington) and Caleb (Ned Dennehy). Next, we are then introduced to three women of Augusta (Brit Marling), Louise (Hailee Steinfeld) and Mad Muna Otaru as they continue to live their daily lives. Eventually both are going to cross paths.

• Jun 02, 2018

the slave turned around a slapped her white slave owner and didn't get whipped? what in the world? I mean what fresh nonsense is this? I didn't buy this story for a second. totally unrealistic. don't sugar coat this because of your white guilt. It's BS. also the story just sucked anyways.

• Jan 25, 2018

This movie stayed with me for all the right reasons. Brit Marling and Sam Worthington particularly shine! Definitely something to see!

• Jul 17, 2017

The director's last movie was the superb Harry Brown which finds an old man under siege from the thugs terrorizing his neighbourhood. This time, the terror is transferred to the American Civil War and finds 2 sisters and their slave under siege from 2 rogue soldiers up to no good. The film was tense in places and it was a decent thriller that explored what happened to the people left behind and caught in the middle of war but it was no Harry Brown.