The Lion King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lion King Reviews

½ July 27, 2016
The Lion King is a near perfect Disney film with its memorable characters, great soundtrack, and gorgeous animation!
July 19, 2016
This is one of the most popular and important Disney animated movies of all time. It's dark, emotionally stirring, and hard to watch at times. It has a great story about revenge and although the plot isn't entirely original, the movie handles it so well that it didn't bother me. The intro is very memorable and it will forever be remembered as one of the best movie intros of all time. I'm not going to spoil anything but a particular characters death is handled so well that it made most people cry bitter tears regardless of their age. It's probably the most saddest scene for any animated film. Like most Disney animated films, it offered adult themes which makes it good and enjoyable for grown ups as well. With some Disney films my nostalgia wears off but with this film, it gets better every time I watch it. Its final act has more action then you'd expect to find in a Disney film. I did rather enjoy the ending scene. Also, it has one of if not the best movie soundtrack of all time too. It perfectly fit the mood and setting of the movie and it's pretty catchy. It's a must see for all animated movie fans,
July 18, 2016
Good for its time, A great story just not as good as it should of been as it's pretty dark for a Disney film.
July 18, 2016
I liked this film great quality
July 17, 2016
Lion King has strong beautiful animation, great script, a excellent story. Lion King is indeed top 10 disney film, and a family classic.
July 17, 2016
This Disney classic takes the audience on an emotional journey filled with heart, humor, and excitement. The Lion King is an outstanding Disney classic. This film is a masterpiece.
July 17, 2016
I am clearly some kind of heretic but after only seeing this for the first time last night I wasn't overly impressed. Of course I was already familiar with the story and most of the soundtrack so it was no great surprise, while I found the animation and comedy turns clumsy. I still want to see the stage show however...
½ July 17, 2016
A classic brilliant film! full of emotion, comedy, catchy songs, and drama.....!
July 15, 2016
A masterpiece of animation with an epic story to go with it.
July 15, 2016
An unforgettable experience, The Lion King is beautiful and an excelent piece of animation.
July 14, 2016
Circle of life ohhhhhh
½ July 10, 2016
An almost perfect movie. Grade: A
July 8, 2016
Such a brilliant and heart touching film. I would happily recommend this to anyone. I loved every second.
July 8, 2016
Honestly, Disney's best movie ever made
½ July 6, 2016
Cheesy story having me believe Mufasa is not a dictator who eats his subjects, defying his brother's lament, poetically being killed by his own dinner. Very one-sided fascism is revelled here. Son heeds Scar's efforts to eat subjects after full-life-span, hopefully.
June 22, 2016
I saw it with my Mommy for our date!
June 22, 2016
Box sets and alternate versions should not have their own entries on Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes. It makes things confusing.
June 22, 2016
Saw it when i was 4 and still love it today, my best fav hand drawn animated movie ever XD
½ June 21, 2016
Uno di quei film che ti riesce ad emozionare anche dopo la decima visione. Con una trama coinvolgente ed una colonna sonora intramontabile Il Re Leone Ŕ senza dubbio il miglior film d'animazione di tutti gli anni '90.
June 21, 2016