The Lion King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lion King Reviews

February 20, 2017
My all-time favorite childhood movie and in my opinion the greatest Disney movie of all time!!!
February 14, 2017
Every time that animated, red-orange sun crests over the horizon, with the music packing an emotional wallop as giant as the fun to come, I'm completely overwhelmed. A Shakespearean drama in the truest sense, its effective both tragically (Mufasa's demise, confrontation with Scar) and comically (Hyenas, Timon & Pumba). Not to mention Scar is among the most awesomely evil Disney villains; envy, greed, treason, murder, & Irons freaking kills it.
½ February 10, 2017
Well, it is just Shakespeare's Hamlet with Lions. I just can't give it a lower grade than this.
½ January 31, 2017
Overrated. The symbolism between the characters is blended in an unrealistic setting. The longevity of the character development falls apart after the 2nd scene. If you want great story telling you have to be honest. It feels cheap. Cheap and deserted like the land Simba is trying to get back.
January 29, 2017
Embrace your childhood
January 25, 2017
Didn't think I'd seen this before but when I started watching I realised I had. Not top of my list for Disney films, too much singing for my liking.
January 20, 2017
From start to finish this film doesn't stop to amaze, The animation is beautiful and the musical score is incredible. All the characters are portrayed perfectly and the plot is simple and effective. The film touches on every human emotion and really is a masterpiece.
January 18, 2017
An absolutely beautiful film through which Disney offers us one of the most valuable and powerful works that will never be forgotten. It is an incomparable legacy that anyone of any age, context and even age continues to amaze with its supreme music, beautiful images and deep messages that over time can be revived and understood with different meanings. I could not divert my attention and great astonishment as I enjoy it once more after so much time.
January 14, 2017
1/13/2017: A classic movie, but not as great as I remembered it. Animation has come a long way since this film was released. Too much singing for me. The hyenas were the funniest components of the film.
January 7, 2017
5 stars from past views
January 3, 2017
Masterpiece. One of only 4 films I've ever rated 5 stars. I love this film so much, by far my favourite Disney film.
December 30, 2016
Out standing movie!! It's the best Disney movie I watched when I was a kid and I still watch it!! It has great music my favorite song was called be Prepared, Can you feel the love. there where funny parts in the movie!! Like with scar being so sarcastic! He made me laugh a lot.
December 27, 2016
"Muffsia" say it again
December 27, 2016
A classic obviously. Surprised Elton didn't sing the songs. "Who are you calling a pig?" funny line.
December 23, 2016
Again, if I were to do a full-blown review of this one, I would be repeating virtually everything I said in my reviews of both Beauty and the Beast and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. With that said, this is undoubtedly one of Disney's greatest and most epic products and is as highly acclaimed as it is for a really good reason.
½ December 15, 2016
My favorite Disney film. Iconic places and characters packed with intense moments make this movie a great watch for anyone regardless of age. And of course the music is great as ever.
December 10, 2016
This movie is just flawless,the songs,the animation,the charecters,everything in this movie is just a masterpiece!best animated movie ever,and if not my favorite movie of all time,than definitely in my top three.
December 9, 2016
Watching this movie again and again since my childhood and never get bored
½ December 9, 2016
The Lion King is a great Disney classic.
Good music mixed with the humor.The scenery is very animated and the story line goes like clockwork.
The Lion King couple gets to feel the joy, laughter and sadness.
December 8, 2016