The Lion King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lion King Reviews

June 22, 2016
I saw it with my Mommy for our date!
July 2, 2007
Box sets and alternate versions should not have their own entries on Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes. It makes things confusing.
December 16, 2008
Saw it when i was 4 and still love it today, my best fav hand drawn animated movie ever XD
½ June 21, 2016
Uno di quei film che ti riesce ad emozionare anche dopo la decima visione. Con una trama coinvolgente ed una colonna sonora intramontabile Il Re Leone Ŕ senza dubbio il miglior film d'animazione di tutti gli anni '90.
June 21, 2016
i love this movie­~­~­~­~­~?­~?­~?­~~­~­~­~
June 19, 2016
love this film but how do u actually watch it??
June 13, 2016
Best animated movie ever made.
June 13, 2016
Felix and I have watched a few turkeys over the past few weeks so I thought we'd bring out the big guns for our evening viewing, this is a real treat. It's done in the classic Disney way, genuine mean/scary villains, a real heartfelt storyline and a few snappy songs. It's a really good watch, we both really enjoyed this.
September 23, 2012
This is great coming of age tale about the king of the plains. Will he rise to be as great as his father and save his pride and the balance needed for all to thrive. Great songs and classic Disney animation.
June 11, 2016
Well paced. Great character development. Magnificent music.
½ June 11, 2016
I think it was an amazing movie and I think it is perfect but one thing I want to add is that in the lion guard kiara is a cub again but in lion king 2 she is grown up like WHAT IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 9, 2016
Just an amazing movie in all
June 3, 2016
One of the BEST Disney movies out there! The Lion King has remained a masterpiece to this day with great acting, dark themes and one epic showdown! I highly recommend rewatching it so that you can experience this again! Great Disney movie!!!!!
May 26, 2016
I don't know what to say, it was talking/singing animals, hamlet, and a splash of the bible all rolled up into one gorgeous and EPIC story! STILL my favorite disney movie of all time!
It never gets old :)
March 17, 2016
Ah, The Lion King, the highest-grossing 2D animated film of all time. I love this movie...but I do think it's a bit overrated
May 17, 2016
Lion King has amazing animation, and some investing moments, but its far from being the best Disney movie in the entire catalog
March 26, 2016
The Lion King might surprise you at times that you are watching an animated movie. To be clear, at the time when Lion King came out animated movies were not known to have such an intriguing story, the only which had that kind of depth was The Jungle Book and a few others. In conclusion, The Lion King opened a doorway to a new style of animated movies, a style which could be appreciated by both children as well as adults.
May 16, 2015
My favorite animated movie, it's one of Disney's best.
April 26, 2016
Powerfully moving and boasting remarkable musical numbers, The Lion King is one of Disney's best.
April 23, 2016
With intriguing storyline, beautiful OST, and impressive animal design, Lion King is the best Disney Cartoon ever. Lion King is a film that define the animated cartoon and I still enjoy watching it even after so many years.