The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Reviews

July 26, 2017
Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

Pros:
- Amazing Acting

- Fantastic Script

- Marvelous Directing

- Spectacular Technical Aspects (Sound Design, VFX, Music, Cinematography, etc.)

- Very Memorable Characters

- Breath-Taking Action Scenes

- Very Well Paced for a movie that is almost 3 hours long

- Very Clever Setup For Other Sequels

Cons:
- None

Overall Grade: A+ (10/10)
½ July 25, 2017
Tolkien's legendary book is treated to an expectation defying, breathtaking and spectacular cinematic transition.
July 16, 2017
Powerful and breathtaking, this first installment is a perfect adaptation of the classic novel, along with an excellent cast, a score that to date is the FINEST in the fantasy genre, and a beautiful re-imagining of all of the iconic locations in painstaking detail. A marvel.
July 13, 2017
A great start movie to the trilogy
July 7, 2017
I know these movies are masterpieces and everything, but this movie can be so freakin boring.
July 3, 2017
Instant classic. Go read the books.
June 27, 2017
An epic film in every meaning of the word.
June 24, 2017
A master-piece of a film! I can't remember a film before this (since Star Wars) that felt truly this epic on such a grand scale. Great music, great performances, great attention to detail. The world just feels lived in. The perfect start to the trilogy.
June 23, 2017
Advice: Buy the bluray extended edition trilogy, set aside a weekend, get lots of snacks ready, because binge watching the beat version of all three movies is the best thing ever to do.

These movies are wonderful and the extended edition just take that dial and twist it to 11. Everything is spot on and better than a fan of the books could ask for.

After these movies are over you'll have felt like you went on a journey with the Fellowship.
June 22, 2017
Best trilogy ever!!!!
June 14, 2017
I found the characters one-dimensional and the storyline sort of repetitive and too lenient on thriller-like moments. Perhaps if I watch it again I'll enjoy it more.
June 4, 2017
Best way to start a film
June 3, 2017
From the first scene of the film it is made clear that painstaking amounts of time and detailed work have been put in to make this film franchise the right way. More importantly, there is an obvious love and dedication to the source material behind the camera. The result is a worthy representation of Tolkien's masterpiece.
June 1, 2017
did not like this film
June 1, 2017
The Best of Cinema. The Fellowship of the Ring is the best of the Lord of the Rings and the best of movies. Action, character, heart, intrigue, world-building, conflict, pacing, and, possibly above all, the greatest movie setting: The Shire. Here we meet our characters, fall in love with them, and begin the most epic journey together. A wonderful, complete film with no equal.
½ June 1, 2017
An exelent way to start off Tolkien's fantasy with a Peter Jackson touch.
May 20, 2017
This has to be one of the best fantasy films I have ever seen! It was epic; a revolutionary phenomenon.
I'm kind of glad that I watched the hobbit trilogy before this, because now I can actually understand some past references, which I defintely wouldn't have been able to do if I'd seen this trilogy first! In my opinion, this film is truly a film worth watching, as well as the two following sequels (I hope).
May 16, 2017
The cast is fantastic, the story is epic, the visual effects are spectacular, the cinematography is beautiful, Peter Jackson's direction is skillful, and the score is wonderful.
May 6, 2017
Tense, epic; a phenomenon in every sense.