The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Reviews

September 20, 2017
For extended, but I'll give the same rating to the theater version, which I know is just as good. I have yet to see the movie again, and I'll probably most likely see the theater version.
September 20, 2017
If you haven't watched these yet. Please do, everyone should watch them.
September 10, 2017
One of the best films what I have ever seen! In my opinion it's better than book.
September 10, 2017
It is a joy to see a story you love brought to big screen in such a faithful and carefully made adaptation. The Lord of the Rings trilogy is clearly a labour of love for Peter Jackson and everyone involved in this film from the acting, costumes, props, music, cgi and beyond. The film is able to take the most important parts of the novel and create Middle Earth on screen in a very believable manner, using the different languages from the books such as the Elvish languages and Black Speech and the landscapes and structures depicted by Alan Lee and John Howe. With such a big cast it's also an achievement that every main character is so well performed, fleshed out and memorable, with Elijah Wood, Ian Mckellen, Sean Bean and Viggo Mortensen's giving particularly great performances. This film has something for everyone whether you are a fan of the books or not, with a mixture of action, romance, humour and high fantasy that is a great introduction to the trilogy and builds excitement for the next film.
September 2, 2017
To long of a movie I'm not watching this again and I'm not a fan of the other ones
August 23, 2017
Wonderfully shot scenes, amazing score, and overall great film and great trilogy
August 14, 2017
BEST MOVIE AND BEST TRIOLOGY EVER. PERIOD.
August 9, 2017
I have seen this movie very often but every time it takes my hart
August 2, 2017
This movie and its follow-ups are the best movies ever made. If you have not seen this movie you have been missing out.
July 26, 2017
Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

Pros:
- Amazing Acting

- Fantastic Script

- Marvelous Directing

- Spectacular Technical Aspects (Sound Design, VFX, Music, Cinematography, etc.)

- Very Memorable Characters

- Breath-Taking Action Scenes

- Very Well Paced for a movie that is almost 3 hours long

- Very Clever Setup For Other Sequels

Cons:
- None

Overall Grade: A+ (10/10)
½ July 25, 2017
Tolkien's legendary book is treated to an expectation defying, breathtaking and spectacular cinematic transition.
July 16, 2017
Powerful and breathtaking, this first installment is a perfect adaptation of the classic novel, along with an excellent cast, a score that to date is the FINEST in the fantasy genre, and a beautiful re-imagining of all of the iconic locations in painstaking detail. A marvel.
July 13, 2017
A great start movie to the trilogy
July 7, 2017
I know these movies are masterpieces and everything, but this movie can be so freakin boring.
July 3, 2017
Instant classic. Go read the books.
June 27, 2017
An epic film in every meaning of the word.
June 24, 2017
A master-piece of a film! I can't remember a film before this (since Star Wars) that felt truly this epic on such a grand scale. Great music, great performances, great attention to detail. The world just feels lived in. The perfect start to the trilogy.
June 23, 2017
Advice: Buy the bluray extended edition trilogy, set aside a weekend, get lots of snacks ready, because binge watching the beat version of all three movies is the best thing ever to do.

These movies are wonderful and the extended edition just take that dial and twist it to 11. Everything is spot on and better than a fan of the books could ask for.

After these movies are over you'll have felt like you went on a journey with the Fellowship.
June 22, 2017