The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Reviews

May 20, 2017
This has to be one of the best fantasy films I have ever seen! It was epic; a revolutionary phenomenon.
I'm kind of glad that I watched the hobbit trilogy before this, because now I can actually understand some past references, which I defintely wouldn't have been able to do if I'd seen this trilogy first! In my opinion, this film is truly a film worth watching, as well as the two following sequels (I hope).
May 16, 2017
The cast is fantastic, the story is epic, the visual effects are spectacular, the cinematography is beautiful, Peter Jackson's direction is skillful, and the score is wonderful.
May 6, 2017
Tense, epic; a phenomenon in every sense.
May 6, 2017
Read the books as a kid and this trilogy encapsulated them beautifully. Together my all time favourite films.
½ May 4, 2017
A mythological story, with a fraternal essence.
½ May 3, 2017
2 hour and 58 minute movie that is very expertly executed.
May 1, 2017
Not one I can sit and watch it's to long of a movie
April 25, 2017
Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring starts off one of the greatest trilogies of all time shaping fantasy movies for a generation. This brings a timeless classic to screen that everyone can enjoy.
½ April 25, 2017
Stunning character driven masterpiece. Bringing the novel of Tolkien to life to incredible success. Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellen, and Elijah Woods are all perfect fits for their respective characters. The real star of the film, however, is the director Peter Jackson. As a child I loved these books and now I have the films to have when I don't have time to read the books. The visuals are just wonderful. I found myself looking around in awe of the world Jackson built. The only negative I have with this film is it is a bit long.
April 22, 2017
Such a fantastic movie! No matter how many times I see this, I never get bored with it. Great start for an amazing trilogy!
April 22, 2017
Though it does suffer from the usual first film in a series cliches with the world building, character introduction and not feeling wholly satisfying as it is left open ended the film gets round most of those issues thanks to the fantastic script, pacing of the plot and direction by Peter Jackson. Those positives are also bolstered by an extremely well chosen cast, excellent production (be it the costumes, designs and settings), an incredible score, solid action, great use of CGI and practical effects and even has some comedic elements that do work well besides the more emotional sides.
April 8, 2017
Amazing. I just literately everything in this movie.
½ April 3, 2017
A perfect beginning to one of the greatest trilogy of films ever, and it happens to be my favorite of the three. An incredible fantasy that brings the world of Middle Earth to life, with a cast that gels together so well. The beginning of a fantastic adventure, while it is an amazing adventure itself.
½ March 30, 2017
Although the film may be slow, the plot, visual effects and the same story as the characters make it a perfect start to this trilogy (as well as capturing the essence of Tolkien's stories)
March 23, 2017
By far the best of this trilogy. Extremely charming and stands well on its own.
March 22, 2017
Very long but worth the watch.
March 20, 2017
Classic start to a modern classic trilogy - probably the only trilogy of recent years that is any good
March 18, 2017
Great movie. Probably my least favorite of the LOTR movies because there's so much exposition but I thought the acting was great. The story is also solid.
March 15, 2017
Love this movie. Makes me want to read the book.
March 15, 2017
The best that Peter Jackson has ever done. Romantic adventure with absolute cinema magic that fantasy of Tolkien has and without battles dictating the pace.