The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Reviews

October 23, 2016
One of the best movies ever made, I think.
½ October 15, 2016
Great movie. Great acting. Great script. Great director. Too lengthy.
½ October 13, 2016
A good start on what is probably known as the most adventuress and most epic fantasy series since Star Wars. The fellowship may be broken, but the strength still withholds in each individual from the group. Some parts of the film didn't really seem to relate to me or feel important when it came to the overall story, but it was still well worth the three hours of discovery for the most part. The items that really make this film exceptional are the incredible sights of scenery, the legendary music, compelling characters, and a clever theme. I had a pretty good time during this. There really isn't a film alone in relation to this theme that could compare to even one of these three films (besides maybe the Hobbit series) It may be a long movie, but the journey has just begun. 3 1/2 out of 5, but the extra half is mostly for great overall film craftsmanship.
½ October 12, 2016
Lasten syysloman alkamisen kunniaksi käytiin tämän jättiläisen kimppuun. Fantasia ei tod ole meikäläisen juttu, mutta tämä ykkösleffa vielä menettelee. Ainakin johonkin Rivendeliin tai ehkä jopa Morianiin asti. Alku on kepeää kontuilua, mustat ratsastajat ovat hyytäviä, ja haltiat Liv Tylerin johdolla ihania. Mutta lopun (ja seuraavien elokuvien) örkkitaistelut ovat turhan hyvää unilääkettä. Sama juttu kirjassa. Aikoinaan olen väkisin kahlannut läpi, samoin leffan aiemmilla katselukerroilla. Ei vaan jaksa pystymään. Uuden Seelannin maisemat ovat kyllä silmiä hivelevän upeita, ja niillä kyllä mässäillään kiitettävästi.
October 4, 2016
fun adventure movie (about 4 viewings)
September 27, 2016
I feel the need to watch this every several years. This whole series of movies are amazing to me. I loved them all and I loved how they helped prove that fantasy films can be Oscar contenders. This movie is a feast for the eyes and it still holds up after all this time. I can't recommend it enough.
½ September 12, 2016
The Fellowship of the Ring is a brilliant introduction of Tolkien's epic. It is a visually breathtaking and richly detailed piece of fantasy; it's characters are all given life thanks to it's talented cast, and while it's lenght may seem excessive, Peter Jackson manages to make it's almost 3 hour runtime worth sitting through.
½ September 12, 2016
exept for frodo's stupid face amazing
September 12, 2016
4 out of 5 stars! While the story is a little slow and not my favorite of the series, this film is a beautiful piece of art to behold. I prefer the more complex and exciting storytelling of the likes of "The Two Towers" or Game of Thrones, but this is a nice, warm, and inviting film, that sets the stage well for the rest of the series (including the Hobbit films). I give it 3 1/2 stars for story, but boost it to 4 stars for all that it accomplished visually and in terms of film making technique. It is without a doubt a classic and groundbreaking film.
½ September 6, 2016
Fellowship starts off pretty wonderfully- rich in character, design, and elements of fantasy. It is a long journey that doesn't lead to much in this installment, leaving it to be not too fulfilling on its own. It is, nonetheless, a mighty production.
September 5, 2016
The first entry in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy is a ground-breaking achievement in cinema. This film was in my opinion, perfect. You are immediately introduced to this stunning, fantasy world, which has been directed so well and cinematographed ingeniously, that you never want to leave it. The very talented cast definitely add that great sense of realism to the world, appearing ultimately convincing in their roles they play so ingeniously. The special effects were done strikingly well, with the monsters looking life like, especially because of the crisp direction. The action in this film knows where it needs to be to fit in with the captivating drama, and finally, despite this being a very long film, and being a very good film - I'd usually say this almost four hour film flew by in a breeze, but I could acknowledge that this film was four hours long and it felt four hours long to me, but I didn't want it to end. I give this film a 10/10.
August 30, 2016
Wonderful start to a fantastic trilogy. Although I prefer the extended editions, this captures the true spirit of a mythical adventure from the start. The sets are carefully crafted and depict a fantastic rendering of Middle Earth. The cast is perfect from Elijah Wood as Frodo to Ian Mckellen as Gandalf. This film will go down in history along the likes of Star Wars.
August 26, 2016
Tolkien's Literary Classic Comes to Life on the Big Screen!

Originally Written December 19, 2001--
The future of civilization rests in the fate of the One Ring, which has been lost for centuries. Powerful forces are unrelenting in their search for it. But fate has placed it in the hands of a young Hobbit named Frodo Baggins (Elijah Wood), who inherits the Ring and steps into legend. A daunting task lies ahead for Frodo when he becomes the Ringbearer - to destroy the One Ring in the fires of Mount Doom where it was forged.

I have been a huge fan of 'The Lord of the Rings' since I first read Tolkien's masterpiece in Middle School. I was so disappointed in Hollywood's first attempt to bring this classic story to the big screen---a regrettable 1978 animated version. I was absolutely thrilled to see that a live-action version was being planned for this year. But I was shocked to see how amazing Peter Jackson's version truly is! I loved this first chapter in the story of Frodo and the Fellowship of the Ring begin their journey to Mordor! And the cliffhanger ending at the end of Part 1 is fantastic! I can't wait for Part 2! Five stars.
August 22, 2016
81% - The Fellowship Of The Ring is a well-made start for the trilogy. It introduces characters and storylines in the best way possible with great adventures shown in an absolute visual splendor.
August 21, 2016
Fantastic movie! Great adaptation by Peter Jackson! I love this movie!
August 21, 2016
The first of the trilogy this film lays down the plot for an action packed and intriguing journey. As a film that was given the burden to handle the nitty gritty parts of the plot introduction and character introduction it does a fantastic job. A throughly thrilling film with excellent casting and soundtrack. A must see for any film fans.
August 21, 2016
The best film of 2001, Best movie ever made!
½ August 13, 2016
It's extraordinary. Peter Jackson made differences from other fantasy movies.
However some sequences were not needed.
And "The Two Towers" and "The Return of the King" are trashy movies.
½ August 11, 2016
A fantasy adventure and Peter Jackson's most recognizable contribution to his craft, "The Fellowship of the Ring" begins the first part of a trilogy of modern classics.
August 9, 2016
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings is a master craft in film making, and can make an argument for being the greatest film ever made.