The Lords of Salem - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lords of Salem Reviews

November 15, 2016
Lame. Might be good background for late night drug fiends but a dull slog for squares demanding coherence, continuity or production value beyond headbanger's ball.
November 2, 2016
Drawing inspiration from the Salem Witch era with moderately chilling results, The Lords of Salem is another dependably idiosyncratic work from writer-director Rob Zombie -- and benefits from his work behind the camera just as much as his talented wife's in front of it.
October 30, 2016
This looked like a nice movie but the story was barely mediocre.
Some interesting casting choices.
½ October 26, 2016
Poorly acted, the film is one long rambling incoherent mess.
½ October 12, 2016
Not worth the time of wasted life you'll never get back
½ August 13, 2016
Disappointing for a Rob Zombie film but decent overall.
½ June 3, 2016
The best music video I've seen in ages.
May 14, 2016
I will always love anything with Sheri Moon Zombie
April 11, 2016
The Lords of Salem seems like it might be another masterpiece from Mr. Rob Zombie. Only thing is, Zombie forgot to include anything scary or slightly interesting and this film is anything but a masterpiece. It starts out extremely weird, but that was expected and then slowly progresses at a normal rate about a female radio Dj who lives in Salem. Slowly strange things start happening and weird creatures appear for a short time, all in what seem like dreams or visions. There is never really a strong connection between any of the characters and you never grow to even care for the main girl. The last 20 minutes are completely insane and messed up and there is no real fitting conclusion to the film. Zombie needs to get back to the form he was for his original movies like Devils Rejects because lately his films are just way to over the top and trippy for the average person who isn't a satanic freak to enjoy.
March 26, 2016
Rob Zombie never lets me down.. I loved it.. the end wasn't up to my expectations but, I feel that he may want to make a 2nd part or atleast I hope he does.. I will watch any horror flix he makes or remakes.. His mind and his way with the ART of Horror movies.. He has a eye for the blood and gore I love..
March 11, 2016
Dull dull dull dull. A good lesson in how to not do horror or cinema or art or work or effort. That's what this film is misplaced effort from the get go, this should have ended as a scribble in a bin. Everything is bad, I really cannot say enough bad bad things about this movie. It's not shocking, it's not horrible or grotesque, it has no mood, plot, story or atmosphere. It's just a dull waste of effort.
NG, don't see me after class, you're expelled.
½ February 25, 2016
The Lords of Salem is a prime example of style over substance. The imagery and atmosphere are excellent, but the story just crumbles slowly into nonsensical devil blahbadeblah.
½ February 25, 2016
Interesting concept, poor execution.
February 3, 2016
The Lords of Salem doesn't make its historically horrifying throwback to the Salem witch trials quite as comprehensible as it should, but thanks to Rob Zombie's typically stylish work behind the camera -- and his equally talented wife in front of it -- it remains another golden, well-crafted entry into both of their instantly intriguing filmographies.
½ February 2, 2016
Really dissapointed about this movie, I love Rob Zombie but it's his worst realisation. The story could have been so much better !
½ January 12, 2016
An unrewarding and disjointed excuse for Rob Zombie to showcase his wife's tits, and not his talent (again).
December 18, 2015
Although not universally loved, I give kudos to Zombie for taking risks to bring us a version of Rosemary's Baby that completely changes the way that we view "satanic" depictions. It may be clunky in places but kudos for the effort.
November 9, 2015
Visually Traumatic, but with a glorious cast no less. As Horrifying, as it is Mesmerising. Watch it if you dare
October 31, 2015
Rob Zombies most mature film to date.
October 25, 2015
Rob Zombie made the mistake of having his non-talented wife entirely carry a movie. It started off well enough and has a lot of good autumn and New England imagery but it goes nowhere. Actually Zombie really tries to push the story forward but it doesn't make any sense and seems to be borrowed from elements of this movie and that movie. It's almost like the theater of the convoluted that doesn't really pay off. The old witch stuff was great as was the music from the record, which is really the only redeeming quality of The Lords of Salem. Once again we have good genre casting with the horrible exception of Sherri Moon Zombie. There were parts of this that justify me not going "The Lords of Salem sucks" but it was a disappointment and there is not much to recommend.