The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! Reviews

• 3d ago

This movie is awesome; and if you don't like it, go fu©k yourself.

This movie is awesome; and if you don't like it, go fu©k yourself.

• Mar 25, 2020

With inexcusably coarse humor and ridiculously serious performances to go along with it, The Naked Gun is a naughty masterpiece.

• Mar 16, 2020

one of the best comedy movies ever made.

one of the best comedy movies ever made.

• Mar 11, 2020

A solid goofy comedy film with great fourth wall breaks and instantly quotable dialogue. Leslie Nielsen is at his best when he's delivering not-so-serious lines with an incredibly serious tone and candor. The plot is completely forgettable and even a day after the film, I completely forgot what took place over the course of the film. But what's more important in a screwball movie is the performances and dialogue. And the film delivers quite well on those premises. However, I just don't find these premises strong enough to overcome a totally formulaic plot (even for a goofball comedy) and the somewhat mediocre performances by those not named Leslie Nielsen. Overall, this film is one diehard comedy fans should check out but those who favor structure and coherence should probably steer clear.

• Jan 29, 2020

Watching OJ back then is really strange and weird...

Watching OJ back then is really strange and weird...

• Jan 15, 2020

A classic comedy movie that everybody should watch

A classic comedy movie that everybody should watch

• Dec 27, 2019

What's not to like about this movie? The Naked Gun has the best comedy ever put into film since Airplane! The performance of Leslie Nielsen as Frank Drebin was solid gold. Ricardo Montalban's performance as the villain is also a perfect piece of the movie. Heck even Priscilla Presley, the former wife of Elvis, is good in that film. I like the script and the cameos like Weird Al Yankovic and Reggie Jackson. The only issue that I have with this movie is O.J. Simpson, even though it's just a minor issue due to outcome of his popularity. Overall, The Naked Gun provided my the evidence to solve this case in a high note.

• Nov 17, 2019

A Haloriouse parody, that deserversto be praised for its cleaver gag's. Sadly there is not to much plot on the villians side of the story Grade: A-

• Nov 16, 2019

I think what's so great about the Naked Gun series, and the movies that Leslie does, is that your always anticipating something funny right around the corner. It could be something as minute in detail as a prop but there's always an anticipation to see what's popping up next. You can see where a lot of the inspiration for the Scary Movie series came from. That whole money exchange scene was so funny. Genius whoever thought of that. This is one of those comedy movies that's so funny and outlandish that I didn't even care about the plot of the movie. It's very clever and witty on such a goofy level but it's done in such a brilliant way. One of the funniest movies I've seen.

• Oct 18, 2019

Before the '90s gave rise to The Dude from "The Big Lebowski," and the 2000s gifted us "Borat", there was ludicrous "The Naked Gun" and the legendary Frank Drebin, played with the straightest straight-face ever by the remarkable Leslie Nielsen. "The Naked Gun" comes from the ancestory.com chart originating with "Blazing Saddles," most readily identified by the mighty "Airplane!," and most recently carried forth by raunchy music industry satire "Stadium Anthems." Gags in "The Naked Gun" rain down like biblical flood; some are deceptively high-brown, but most gloriously inane. It takes absolute geniuses to create such elevated stupidity. Is "The Naked Gun" somehow even better than its "Airplane!" forefather? By a nose, the vote here is "yes." While "Airplane!" also features Nielsen as a doctor (arguably even more straight-faced than Frank Drebin), that film's central character was the adequate Robert Hays, whereas "The Naked Gun" gives us Nielsen as the prime purveyor of every last morsel of hilarity. This is simply one of the greatest and most influential comedies in the history of film. - WATCHED IT? THEN WATCHLIST: "Top Secret!" "Stadium Anthems" "Hot Shots!"