The One and Only Ivan Reviews

• 6d ago

Nothing all that fresh, but it certainly made me feel for the characters so that's always a big plus. The cast elevate the film, for sure! Bryan Cranston, no matter the nature of any role he plays, is always enjoyable and/or likeable. He brings heart as Mack, as do Sam Rockwell (Ivan) and Angelina Jolie (Stella). I liked Danny DeVito as Bob, while Ariana Greenblatt portrays the wholesome Julia well. The (true) premise is something we've all seen before, as such you're just waiting for the 'penny to drop' so the film can get going - once that happens onscreen events do improve, culminating in a very touching end. 'The One and Only Ivan' is ideal for family viewing, I'd say.

• Nov 19, 2020

It's not very eventful. I just watched it and it's already a bit forgettable. I enjoy the message about animals not belonging in captivity. But unlike some other animated films meant for kids, this one didn't offer much for me, a 31 year old man. It was pretty predictable and generic.

• Nov 15, 2020

Was not expecting this level of nuance from a kids movie on the subject of closing roadside zoos. Not easy to do this kind of thing without feeling too preachy, but I think this nails it. CGI and acting are both better than you get from most streaming-first movies. Enjoyable watch.

• Nov 11, 2020

A pesar de mantener un ambiente trágico de principio a fin, la historia es muy bonita, al ponerle voces a los animales, hace que la película sea entendible y el diseño de los animales está muy bien lograda, es una película muy recomendada para ver en familia.

• Nov 08, 2020

This is a masterpiece. One of the best novel movie adaptations I've ever seen. The animation is GORGEOUS and there are parts where it tugs on your heartstrings. I almost cried during it. Generally speaking, if you have Disney+, go watch this movie. It's absolutely worth it.

• Nov 02, 2020

Beautiful movie!! I laughed, I cried. Definitely recommend!

Beautiful movie!! I laughed, I cried. Definitely recommend!

• Oct 28, 2020

This family drama was really good. Sam Rockwell, Angelina Jolie, Bryan Cranston, Ramon Rodriguez, Danny Devito, and the rest of the cast did a fantastic job in this movie. This true story of a gorilla that can draw was entertaining, dramatic, and inspirational. It's about discovering what you really want in life and showing the world what you can do. If you're a Disney+ member, you should watch this movie sometime. It's a must see.

• Oct 26, 2020

I understand this movie is, as usual, way different from the book. Still I enjoyed the movie for what it is and the story told is pretty good. The animation of the animals is really good as well. Give it a watch.

• Oct 24, 2020

Its story and message may be a heartening, thematic derivation of the commonly flowed, generally acknowledged communication, but the adapted fictional perspective of the factual-based story draws a soulful, gently charming picture powered by a nice cast. (B+)

• Oct 17, 2020