The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Reviews

June 18, 2018
The best movie I've seen in 2012 and the best teen movie since The Breakfast Club. Wallflower is as flawlessly written, acted and filmed as movies can get.
June 17, 2018
My favorite movie of all-time. Everything about it is perfect. My heart simulatanously breaks and is warmed by it every time.
½ June 14, 2018
Funny and heartfelt,the perks of being a wallflower is a great movie
June 10, 2018
I love how a film like this exists.
A film that tackles so many important issues in such a small amount of time and give us such memorable characters that will forever stay with me. Ezra Miller stole this film for me and I can't wait to see him in the future DC films. Watson is good also but I haven't seen her in anything good in a while whereas Percy Jackson just makes movies all the time.
Overall a beautiful film.
½ May 23, 2018
Mostly charming, but the point of it emerges very slowly and is in the form of a twist which, while effective, comes too little too late, possibly the result of the adapted work, making me hesitant to read the book.
May 16, 2018
Something truly pure.
½ May 4, 2018
La gente aveces no ve lo dificil que es ser un estudiante en especial cunado no tiened ni idea de quien eres. The perks of being a wallflower enseña a la perfecion lo que un adolecente sufre.
April 23, 2018
A beautiful heart felt film its just great.
April 18, 2018
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a beautiful film about the challenges and joys of high school and the importance of friendship. The cast is exceptionally talented and the entire film is well-acted, making it all the more enjoyable. This film is not unique in the difficult topics it tackles--however, it is very unique in how it handles those topics. It is not a lighthearted film nor a dark film--just like life in high school, it is somewhere in the middle. Its darker themes are dealt with sensitively, subtly, and honestly and are balanced with lighthearted moments. This film also does a wonderful job of showing how Charlie (our main character) sees the world--many scenes utilize lighting to show how Charlie feels in certain settings/with certain people, and Charlie's personal taste in music is used throughout the film to show his attitude/emotions about the world around him. This is a great film that everyone, but especially those dealing with the ups and downs of high school, should watch.
March 12, 2018
Very intense movie, and very well made. Strong writing. Ezra Miller steals the show with his mesmerizing performance. I love the use of "Heroes" as the Tunnel Song.
½ February 19, 2018
Perks Of a Wallflower stars Logan Lerman as Charlie, Emma Watson as Sam and Ezra Miller as Patrick. Based on the best selling novel by Stephen Chbosky, Perks of being a wallflower is about growing up, friends, love and loss. The coming of age story revolves around Charlie, a 15 year old boy struggling to find his place in life and high school until he meets Sam and Patrick befriend him and changes his life.

Firstly, I want to talk about the themes shown in this film. Some were brilliant some were rushed especially towards the end of the film but for the most part they played out well. These themes included things like loneliness, heartbreak, friendships. During the start of the film the way they portrayed Charlie's loneliness worked very well and Logan made it a very real it felt somewhat relatable and you wanted to symphyse with him. We could also see depth into the characters that weren't quite there at first. For instance Sam had a troubled history and we can see how damaged she actually is inside and the way she acts come from. Although I liked those themes there were some that were terribly rushed, especially Charlie's mental breakdown I believe that could have been a great opportunity to dive into mental health but they missed it. I believe they should have focused on that more than his loneliness mainly because a lot of teen dramas focus on things like loneliness and it's getting quite repetitive.

A part of the film I did love was the music. They hard some great music that complemented the film well for instants during the tunnel scene with Heroes by David Bowie or Come on Eileen. Music was also a big part of the film, they had old mixtapes, vinyls, talks about bands, good music vs bad. It was refreshing in a relatively new film having a soundtrack that was mostly based songs from the last few years. A big part of this film is that it seems very real and you weren't watching a film it seemed like you were there with them. The dialogue was great this way and could capture you instantly. The only part of the dialogue that didn't sit well for me was Sam's accent slipping from American to English at several points of the film. The best thing about this film is that it's not just a teenage film targeted to teenagers it's a film that can target anyone in some way. For the adults I feel like they can look back on the film to get some nostalgia from the music and the new discoveries Charlie goes on.

Overall it was a very good heartfelt film, that can relate in some way to everyone. I would highly recommend it. The story is good the subplots are great and the surprises were shocking. Really enjoyed it.
February 19, 2018
Everything has been said or written about it. A very good drama with a brilliant casting.
February 19, 2018
Amé esta película, tiene una historia muy bella y sin duda los actores son grandiosos, interpretando a grandiosos personajes aunque siendo una adaptación siento que le faltaron algunos elementos importantes, pero solo se toman en cuenta para los que ya leyeron la historia
February 7, 2018
I love this movie, my favorite
January 30, 2018
Beautiful movie that puts life into perspective. Love the cast as well.
January 4, 2018
This was a good solid comedy drama, it wasn't as good as movie critics are saying. I think the novel has more to it than the movie. Emma Watson is great and Ezra Miller is just great at what he does. The movie delivers the goods in some parts and in other parts it lacks, but I liked it because the 3 main actors gave one good performances. So for this being a solid film but not being on the critics side that much, and it was ok the movie, I give " The Perks Of Being A Wallflower " a C.
½ January 1, 2018
This movie is incredibly touching, with pretty fantastic lead performances. It makes you think and incredibly affects your heart. A great, great movie.
December 29, 2017
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a brilliant portrayal of teenage life through all the love, friendship and tears that it holds. This film plucks on the heart strings perfectly to keep the audience engaged and feeling what the characters in the movie are actually feeling. The movie is brilliantly directed by Stephen Chbosky who also wrote the book relating to the movie. From my experience of reading the book it was a mesmerizing read and I didn't want to put the book down but the movie was even better. This movie takes on twists and turns and emotional journeys you didn't think you would be experiencing going into this movie. The actors did an amazing job as well adapting Chbosky's writing to the big screen. Logan Lerman as Charlie was a perfect casting he was wonderful in the lead role and played the role of the socially awkward outcast that just wants to fit in and have friends to perfection. The character of Sam played by Emma Watson was very likable character because of the work Emma Watson put it to acting this role she was magnificent as well. Even though Paul Rudd only had a small role in this movie he stole the show when he was on screen his character was inspiring and you could really feel the connection between them as him being a role model of a teacher. But if I had one oscar to give out for this movie it would easily hands down go to Ezra Miller for his portrayal of Patrick. Every time he was in a scene he stole the show whether it was a witty joke or an emotional moving scene he did it all. His jokes were all hilarious and he had a few tear jerking moments that could easily deny the audience of holding back their tears, excellent performance his best of his career for sure. The themes in his movie are so touching and believable that it makes the movie feel real. There are some important messages being shown for teenage or mature audiences. To summarize this movie is an excellent, captivating way of showing the ups and downs of life in high school with themes that could touch a wide variety of age groups and performances that really make you believe the story and events and tugs on the heart strings. This movie is worth re-watching over and over again because every time it's like you don't know what to expect because even knowing what's coming it can still captivate you and play with your emotions.
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Un film entrañable e introspectivo, con emociones y personajes complejos. Además de una envolvente estética visual.
½ December 1, 2017