The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Reviews

October 25, 2016
Movie Review: Final
Learning to grow up can be hard. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, starring Emma Watson, Logan Lerman, and Nina Dobrev, captures the highs and lows of growing up. Charlie, a socially awkward teen in high school, has never really had any friends. When two older classmates take him under their wing his whole life changes. He takes part in his first party, first kiss, and first girlfriend, all while experiencing the trials of growing up and moving on. The movie hides nothing and bears all, captivating the audience with first hand not-so-magical high school stories, However, the plot can be a bit heavy at times. While the director tried to keep the movie as true to the book as possible, there is an obvious separation from the original story. Overall, I would give this movie four out of 5 stars, a must-see for those who enjoy inspirational coming of age stories.
½ October 22, 2016
One of my favorite movies ever, and one that everyone should watch! Logan, Emma and Ezra are absolutely amazing and their characters are unforgetable, with a deep and outstanding story.
October 15, 2016
This first comes across as another sappy romance movie, but when you get more than 10 minutes into the movie, it becomes one of the most intriguing character based movies in a long time. This movie is a great heartfelt story with such likable characters and great emotional development. 5 stars for sure.
October 2, 2016
Best movie i`ve seen in my life, It hits me everytime i see it. The story is so beautiful and true, Must watch! I feel this movie like it is my own story.
September 27, 2016
Not bad, but way too teenage angsty to be really good. Characters and story are too "American" for the movie to really shine
September 11, 2016
Oh my god I love this movie
September 10, 2016
"Welcome to the Island of Misfit Toys"
September 9, 2016
Great Movie, I really enjoyed it.
August 29, 2016
This is the best high school movie since John Hughes. With time, I'd love to see it recognized alongside The Breakfast Club and Stand By Me.
August 15, 2016
Quirky doesn't always always mean good, but in this time somehow was alright???
August 11, 2016
This coming-of-age film has its audience who will connect with its group of outsiders surviving high school. While the Lerman's performance is generally solid, this film isn't for me and a few misunderstood plot points didn't help.
August 9, 2016
By dispensing with girls only caring about the guymageddon and cheesy bullies, we finally get a gritty version of the American high school genre which doesn't pull punches even if the romance is as sappy and sentimental as you might expect. It also helps that logan lerman at last shows us his full capability in a performance that might make me forgive him for percy jackson. The narration is sometimes whiny but it doesn't stop this from being powerful and for the majority, effective.
August 9, 2016
I love this movie. Logan Lerman plays the part perfectly, Emma Watson is great, Ezra Miller is the best! The story is really great. I felt very sorry for the main character and I thought this is a great movie
August 6, 2016
Le cinéma, c'est le bonheur de tomber sur de fabuleuses surprises comme The Perks of being a wallflower...
Un film remarquable sur la complexité de grandir avec les outils qui nous ont été donnés... Découvrir la vie, une blessure à la fois.
August 1, 2016
In its genre - high school rom-coms - it's definitely odd, but that's probably one reason why it is also the best movie in the genre - together with brilliant acting and a movie soundtrack to die for.
July 30, 2016
The PG-13 rating prohibits the movie from reaching the depths and undercurrents of the book, which is a shame. But the film as a standalone is excellent and the story that is told is done quite well. Emma Watson isn't just Hermione anymore.
July 30, 2016
So incredible, can't explain. Great tone, great acting, great story. ughhh just the type of movie to go into my very limited list of favorite movies:):)
July 29, 2016
Passionate, curious and wonderfully laid. It was a brief summary of the book, yet it did not disappoint me at all.
½ July 26, 2016
Perfectly cast, scripted, and executed, this heartfelt emotional roller-coaster is one of those movies that just sticks with you long after the credits roll. It is these emotions that are brought out, that is the true purpose of movies, the true purpose of cinema.