The Return of Jafar Reviews

• Jul 09, 2020

The story works even if Williams is really missed.

The story works even if Williams is really missed.

• May 27, 2020

Probably the worst animated film I have ever watched. The action was awful The animation was terrible This is the first bad Disney film I ever watched and I want it removed for good.

• May 24, 2020

From the animation to the writing, it's pretty obvious that The Return of Jafar had a much smaller budget than Aladdin. Around one-tenth of the budget, to be precise. The story is bland, the jokes are lazy, and Dan Castellaneta is no Robin Williams. The only real legacy this film has is that it was the first Disney direct-to-video animated film, which isn't exactly something to be proud of.

• May 18, 2020

Its premise may have sounded alright on paper, and Jason Alexander brings some chuckles in as the new guy, but with rough songs, some annoying side characters, and the beginning of the Disney direct-to-video-sequel tradition of painfully cheaper animation than the originals, "The Return of Jafar" may not hold a candle to "Aladdin", but it doesn't drag it down either.

• May 08, 2020

Robin Williams is out and Homer Simpson replaces him as the Genie. The story for this sequel undoes most of what was great in the original. It is not an Aladdin adventure I would love to watch again. This movie is only good for kids.

• Jan 30, 2020

Loved this movie as a kid, recently watched it again and in my honest opinion this movie is highly underrated. Unlike most Disney sequels which are usually about some love interest plot this one actually has a story that makes sense. Jafar wants revenge, Iago wants to stop playing second fiddle, jasmine wants to know if Aladdin can become husband material, Aladdin wants to do the right thing even if it's difficult. I mean I'll take that over a generic brother bear 2 situation or Mulan 2. I get tired of the love interest story that seems so super forced. Or say little mermaid 2 which is literally an invert of the first movie.

• Nov 16, 2019

I actually liked Return of Jafar. You may tell me I have bad taste, because many people didn't like this film. I liked it. I love Aladdin. Its one of my favorite movies. I loved the remake and then heard about the 2 sequels. I got mad that they were straight to DVD because those have never been good in the past with the exception of Lion King 1 1/2. Return of Jafar followed more of Iago than anyone. Iago was the main character. I think this movie should not have been called Aladdin: Return of Jafar. It should have just been called Aladdin: Iago's Journey or just Iago. I thought the movie was actually pretty good. I liked it, it is not better than the first and it's remake, but I actually really liked this movie. I thought it was pretty good. For all Aladdin fans out there, I think you may like it.

• Sep 29, 2019

Nothing terrible, but 'The Return of Jafar' is a sequel that comes nowhere near the production it follows. The premise is pretty plain, with zero sticking out as great to me even just minutes after viewing. Its animation is OK, about the bare minimum you'd expect. At least it's a short watch at just 69 minutes. The cast are fine, though the absence of Robin Williams as Genie is stark. Dan Castellaneta comes in with a decent performance to replace Williams, even if the whole time I could only hear Homer Simpson. Jason Alexander's Abis Mal is kinda forgettable, while Jonathan Freeman isn't as menacing as Jafar. Gilbert Gottfried remains amusing as Iago, though. Disney most certainly have worse animated sequels, though there are still better ones out there. A meh film, especially when compared to 'Aladdin'.

• Jul 31, 2019

Its worth to watch and proved to be the best sequel to the best animated movie ever

• Dec 29, 2018

Pointless,boring and bad. After a while you will wish to strangle the parrot.

Pointless,boring and bad. After a while you will wish to strangle the parrot.