The Scapegoat Reviews

• Jan 19, 2018

This film was an enjoyable time filler on a rainy day. It has its funny moments but SPOILER ALERT I just don't get how in the end his wife was totally okay with her hubby trying to kill her (although they addressed that by saying she's easy to manipulate) also the maid said that she loved the original guy but was totally fine when the second guy came in and took the first guys place. I'm fine with the plot holes cause I wasn't expecting a masterpiece when starting this movie. I just wanted to point them out :1

• Feb 07, 2017

This film is based on a book by Daphne Du Maurier, the author who wrote the book that Alfred Hitchcock based Rebecca on. This one has a little humor, some inspiration to do better in this life of ours as well as suspense. Matthew Rhys gave a powerful performance in this film. He is truly an actor that is multi-dimensional and he can play kind and gentle and downright evil. He was the perfect actor for this job. There are a lot of secrets that our evil main character keeps and as you peel back each layer our good main character rises to the challenge. I absolutely adored this film but for two minor details. The stereo-typical gay love triangle that I'm fairly certain was not in the book and that Andrew Scott was not better utilized. I mean, that man is a rock star when he's on screen (see Sherlock "The Final Problem" and watch this man get off the helicopter). All the characters were very well defined and special kudos to Phoebe Nicholls. Her Charlotte character was absolutely what you would expect: the no non-sense, seldom surprised but all knowing nurse/housekeeper. This is truly not to be missed.

• Oct 20, 2016

Quite a few twists and turns. Enjoyable movie.

Quite a few twists and turns. Enjoyable movie.

• Apr 29, 2016

A very cleverly done doppelganger movie with a suspenseful struggle and good ending.

• Nov 18, 2015

A well done period piece explores the obligation for truth after two men meet as dopplegangers and switch places. An enjoyable film with good pacing and an interesting story. Well acted by Mathew Rhys and others.

• May 10, 2015

'Trading Places' meets 'Strangers on a Train'

'Trading Places' meets 'Strangers on a Train'

• Dec 20, 2014

Excellent acting and great story - entertaining for sure and will make you think a bit about your own relations with people around you.

• Dec 06, 2014

Netflix: liked it lot. Mystery

Netflix: liked it lot. Mystery

• Nov 19, 2014

What a great film! Brilliantly written, acted and shot this little jewel is coming from the UK and turns out to be quite an amazing piece. The story kept me guessing until the end where and how all this would turn out in the end. Trust be this film does not disappoint at all. Thumbs up!

• Sep 18, 2014

A decent TV movie. Actually pretty good for TV standard.

A decent TV movie. Actually pretty good for TV standard.