The Starving Games - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Starving Games Reviews

July 26, 2016
Funny and entertaining, everything a spoof should be
July 20, 2016
wtf did I just watch
½ July 16, 2016
The Starving Games a mockup of The Hunger Games franchise is like all the other spoof comedy movies that make fun of the original. The movie is not great but its ok does justice to the original makes fun of all the right things.
Do I recommend it not really a movie that does not keep all your attention and you can have a nap in the middles of is not that great.
½ July 5, 2016
please stop making these kind of movies!!!!
May 30, 2016
60% Those who enjoy the overly stupid, silly and ridiculous comedy that The Starving Games dishes out will find plenty to enjoy in this dumb-fest. Those who don't however, will find it is a comedy that is more irritating than funny.
½ May 26, 2016
oh my was this the opposite of a good parody
½ March 4, 2016
WOW why the middle finger
½ January 17, 2016
Half a star is the lowest rating it allows so
½ January 12, 2016
This was one of the worst parodies I have ever seen. It wasn't funny, it was cheap and it made no sense!
½ January 1, 2016
Well this settles it, I can't stand 90% of spoof movies. This had a few chuckles, but the rest wasn't clever or fun or funny or interesting. The costumes and lookalikes were the most interesting thing. I wasted 90 minutes of my life :(
½ December 28, 2015
Wow, what a horrible movie. Full of horrible bathroom gags, internet references bound to be outdated by 2017, and about as many laughs as a funeral. This movie would probably fail to make a 13 year old laugh. As if we needed more proof that cinematic parody is dead.
½ December 23, 2015
What I got to say about "The Starving Games" is an insulting in every meaning of the word, that's how bad this movie is. "It's not funny at all.. It's horrendous." The performances by the whole cast is awful. The directing and screenplay by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer is unbelievable. The cinematography is okay but could have been much better. Finally, the score and effects are not good at all. "I have to report that "The Starving Games" is not worth watch at all."
½ November 30, 2015
This is by far one of the stupidest spoofs you'll ever see. Do you even consider this a movie? The jokes were unfunny, and the comedy was just plain immature. The acting was alright, though, but the characters were just stupid. Some spoof scenes tried way too hard to be funny, and even just kept dragging along, hoping the audience would laugh. To be honest, I don't recommend this god awful movie to anyone, because trust me: you don't want to watch it.
½ November 28, 2015
A parody for people who thought Hot Shots and Scary Movie were comic genius. This one's just as much a satire of pop culture and America's social media obsession as it a play on Hunger Games. Besides, any movie with Diedrich Bader is guaranteed for a few hard laughs.
November 15, 2015
I have grown tired of these reference movies that do nothing but make reference to pop culture, it's not funny to just reference it, you have to have fun with it. This movie did have it's pop culture references, but it also put fun twists on many things from the Hunger Games. I loved watching this movie, and I've already watched it a couple times more. I would recommend that it not be completely looked over as an average Friedberg and Seltzer movie, I think they're improving.
½ October 27, 2015
I wanted to understand why directors Friedberg and Seltzer have such a bad reputation. Now I know. "The Starving Games" is downright embarrassing for everyone involved in both the filming and viewing of this film. This is among the worst films I've ever seen and I've seen some notoriously bad films.
October 18, 2015
Horrible, but at least it's trying to be. This film knows that it's supposed to suck, and at least embraces this idea openly. And to its credit, from what I've seen in this, it does have a couple of moments that are genuinely funny. But yeah, it sucks lol.
½ October 3, 2015
Not the best, I liked it as much as I liked Disaster Movie, but the jokes were going to be extremely obvious, like the middle finger joke, and they used stuff that was popular in 2012 (such as Angry Birds) and thought it would work.
September 25, 2015
This movie is is a stunning example of integrity and courage. It truly takes an intrepid soul to forge a masterpiece such as this. God have mercy on those who were born without souls, for they are the staunch detractors of this important film.
The Hunger Games has got to be the biggest travesty of our generation, and this parody, the scrappy underdog that it is, backs it into a corner and bloodies it up. In the end, the lead-poisoned populace will declare the winner to be The Hunger Games, but the two films know what happened on the battle field. They will both remember who held their ground in spite of all odds and who was valiant only in theory.
Unlike the Hunger Games, this film does not try to deceive you by making you feel like you're the only one intelligent enough to understand its social commentary, nor does it rely on the mass retrograde amnesia that made the world forget about The Running Man, Battle Royale, or Stone Cold Steve Austin's film that also shared this tired old concept. This film is unabashedly sincere. It is not afraid to take it's place in hell.
I implore all of the lonely, all of the oppressed, and all of the underdogs of the world to see this movie. Those who prefer to have the world against them will find solace in this film. It is a beacon of hope in a world that takes mediocrity much too seriously.