The Wolf of Wall Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wolf of Wall Street Reviews

½ April 18, 2017
Although, like its main character, it goes overboard with gratuitous excess, The Wolf of Wall Street is a scathingly funny satire, powered by Martin Scorsese's direction and Leonardo Dicaprio's powerhouse performance.
½ April 14, 2017
A comedy about stock brokers who scam people out of millions. Not funny. Tries to combine Wallstreet with Animal House. Over acting by Leo and Hill. Some of the scenes were okay, but didn't make up for how much I hated it.
April 12, 2017
there's no wolf in this movie...sadly
April 11, 2017
Despite its borderline glorification of these greedy cutthroat Wall Street bastards, the Wolf of Wall Street certainly makes up for this with all its clear satirizing of everything these assholes stood for with a clever & hilarious script given to us on a silver platter by an incredibly charismatic cast whom for the most part make this nearly 3-hour long movie feel much quicker than it had any right to be.
April 10, 2017
An incredible underrated Scorsese film. Trust me watch this movie and your only mistake is that you didn't watch it again.
½ April 10, 2017
Intensely investing, both personally and physically, Wall Street never fears of going too far across the border of insanity with its drugged storyline, and our lead (embodied fantastically by DiCaprio) having a passionate obsession with the scam artist lifestyle fueled by millions of dollars, more hookers than one can ever imagine, and an awful lot of cocaine.
April 8, 2017
i can't defend its length but i didn't begrudge it any of my time. very entertaining
April 8, 2017
One of my favorites ever!!
½ March 20, 2017
Scorsese's best since The Departed. The run time is a little long and the sex is over the top, but the story and performances are top notch, with DiCaprio standing out in a role he was born to play.
March 16, 2017
A move that proves you don't need to know anything about the actual subject matter at hand to fully enjoy it. Even with Leo explaining directly to the camera - I still know nothing about the complicated workings of Wall Street, but it didn't matter. The film is surprisingly smart, inappropriately hilarious & of course totally outrageous. Even though it was an almost 3 hour film (sheesh!) I was hooked from start to finish. With brilliant performances across the board & a seriously interesting eye opener into the corrupt world of the filthy rich it was overall pretty damn good.
½ March 13, 2017
Too much sex, nudity & profanity to a point that it gets disgusting instead of funny. Other than that, the film was pretty good considering about the person on whom it's made. Leo DiCaprio was awesome as always, constantly pumping energy to the film. One of the best films of the year.
March 13, 2017
This is one of my favorite films of all time! Leonardo DiCaprio's performance in this is one of my favorites and I think will go down as an all time classic. Martin Scorsese has really done it again. It really isn't fair when Scorsese and Leo team up together. Jonah Hill is incredible and is hilarious. We get the break out star Margot Robbie who is amazing. This movie is 3 hours long but you will not feel it. I have watched this movie at least 10 times and never feel the run time and would honestly watch another hour if possible. It is possibly the funniest movie I have ever seen while still being a drama. I cannot exaggerate how great this movie is. DiCaprio gives the best performance of his career and delivers some of the most quotable lines of the decade. Scorsese has an obsession with making movies about self-destructive men and Jordan Belfort is nothing if not self-destructive. He takes drugs a lot, he drinks a lot, he has sex with hot models a lot - Belfort lives everything in excess. Which is what this movie is about - the American dream gone haywire. I have never really seen a movie like this one before. It really does push the limits of what a movie can get away with and still retain an R rating, but that's what it makes it great. Besides DiCaprio, Jonah Hill and Margot Robbie also give great performances that compliment Belfort's excessive lifestyle.
½ March 11, 2017
One of the best films made by Scorssese and perfomed by Dicaprio!
March 10, 2017
I still can't believe Leo didn't take the Oscar that year. His Jordan Belfort is legendary. Quaaludes seem like they were a lot of fun.
March 8, 2017
Wow damn, this movie was a three hour non-stop party!! When Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio team up, it's almost a given that the film will be good, and this film is no exception. Adding another great film to his shelf, Scorsese tells a more comedic tale here, while still being able to keep his emotional and strong drama that he has been known for in the past. "The Wolf of Wall Street" cranks up everything you think you may know about the stock market, and makes you believe it's an endless cluster of women, sex, and drugs. It is definitely one of the most impressively made films of 2013, although it's three hour running time is a bit ambitious. This film is very well-written, extremely well-directed, and given the editors had so much editing to do, it's a very award-worthy picture. The easiest way to describe this film is, a fantastic piece of comedic/dramatic filmmaking that may have some tiring points, but are made up greatly by the material being put on screen.
February 25, 2017
Love this god damn movie.
February 23, 2017
Leonardo Dicaprio plays his role with exuberance and enthusiasm, churning out another grade A performance. Martin Scorsese is more energetic than ever, though I would say that this lacks the discipline of Goodfellas or Raging bull. Jonah Hill also delivers a fine performance. Lots of adult material, not for kids under any circumstances. The movie is as blunt and cynical as the man himself. There's a moral, and it's less about the consequences (Jordan suffers very little externally) but more about the emptiness of immorality. It's the internal man who's suffering because he values himself more than anything.
February 21, 2017
Grade - A-
Featuring an amazing powerhouse performance from Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese's movie is mad, outrageous, over-sexualised and plain wrong. I love it!
½ February 15, 2017
Very funny but still maintains a good story line.
February 11, 2017
It was really good. Martin Scorsese did a great job.