The Words - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Words Reviews

½ August 3, 2017
Some things don't gel here, Poor script? Good actors but parts of it unconvincing
August 2, 2017
This was an astonishingly eloquent movie; very well written and played with intense depth. I seldom find movies requiring the audience to possess minute intellect. Most films deplete the necessity of the viewer to employ any critical thinking skills or have acquired knowledge of factual information. This film would be appreciated by people looking for more than passive, shallow entertainment. Rates with the movies "Imitation of Life" and "Shenandoah".
½ July 23, 2017
A good movie with a unique plot. All of the actors play their part well and convey a very strong message about life, realism, and greed. The film sometimes becomes a bit overly dramatic, but it will also leave you in deep thought after its well written ending.
June 21, 2017
'' There's more than one way to take a life. '' Usually, endings like this one make me really mad. For some reason, this ending seemed to fit the movie... Jeremy Irons is great in this movie !
June 11, 2017
This movie's badass. Only seen the trailer but still.
April 25, 2017
When we know how we get places when we are a success based on our words. When we know what it takes to be the best but we struggle at it. When we know we want to be a success and provide that need to do what we said we are in writing. When we don't know and sometimes know what blocks us from writing when we have no direction, no feel, don't see and able able to move others when we should. When we know others are not writers when they take credit for what we wrote. When we know it's too late and evetything is done to care. When the literary world has their integrity to always reveal their sources to respect those whom put on paper the words that live and breathe in mind and soul to pay homage to them. When we know we do the right thing when we give up a dream in whom we are, whom others are and learn from the mistakes that moved us to the point of rationality in what is important to us we couldn't see. When we know we wished our words were never said in other places when it costs us our love. When we know we too lived the words on a book when it's our first love in a time where it wasn't existent and we rather be in other places then here. When we know some words disappear when new words are introduced to us that we bury. When we lose the new words our old words come out, when they have always been there waiting to be unearthed and visited when we have felt so much over the years to know what words mean to us. When some words we put down remember a time where we felt the world through the eyes of someone going through life's ups and downs without it being written about them but you can feel it. When know words can move us and empower us to do so much that we never thought it would end our life and return us to where we began, alone. When we know being part of the literary world the word is important that we never choose to go against our word when that's all a writers got, professionally and at heart. When we know reading the words from a book teleports us to places we wish we were there seeing it, but some places we can't go but dream when in reality we are just readers.

***************************************************************************

When the words are as powerful in its essence that paints a time, place, action and deeper feeling that describes the moment and characters. When the collection of these powerful words all synchronized it it's complete masterpiece is able draw larger attraction then those whom individually read it. When it casts a foreshadowing event yet to happen, more suspenseful that it changes the direction.

When words we express, comes from somewhere, when we are struggling to live that comforting life, because we are unable to afford it. When we know where to go make our burdens feel less, but it doesn't last long. When we are gifted with writing, an expression, feeling and view of the world like nobody can see. When some gifts we just happen to find.

words that have power to build and destroy. embracing the life and eyes of those whom could see life in thst way. having a source of energy surface within us that bring light to what we can't see. This metamorphosis enlightenment that take us to places we never could see. The author is the god particle that reveals a universe on one side and a lonely abandoned planet of a life on the other.
February 16, 2017
It was a bit draining. I get it....A story within a story than half a story...doesn't go over well. I found it refreshing and different. It's not the happy story ending everything fixes itself ending your used too. It gets a little bumpy here and there but I liked it.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 29, 2017
interesen film epten, a i jaka ekipa sobrana: Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Irons, Dennis Quaid, Olivia Wilde i Zoë Saldana
½ December 27, 2016
There is virtually nothing that works in this convoluted, nonsensical and terribly-written drama in which not even the visuals escape the artificial and clichéd, and so everything is a complete failure, from the expository narration to the ridiculous story-within-a-story-within-a-story structure.
½ December 5, 2016
This film's layered storytelling lacks the fluidity, grace, or good humor, to pull off its conceit.
½ November 4, 2016
The film is tolerable but its construction is not helping. Is it a story inside a story or not? There are some good points and some bad points. We see many errors by many characters. Nice exercise but not a top film. Very nice bits in France, filmed in Canada! Beautiful girls. Totally watchable but also annoying.
½ November 4, 2016
½ October 26, 2016
"Life or fiction, you choose!" That is the battle cry of this four layers of fiction, each layer worse than the other. It is exceptional in its inanity and vapidity, and excessive sentimentality. Why would Jeremy Iron in this at all? What a waste of his talent. It is a low, low sentimental, self-congratulating of the "literary" types. I
½ October 9, 2016
The Words offers an emotionally-deep story as well as good reflections on merit, honesty and frustration of those who struggle achieving their purposes.
Bradley Cooper offers one of his best performances in this heartfelt and thought-provoking movie.
½ August 13, 2016
Just ok. Not that entertaining.
½ August 8, 2016
The premise was ideal... However, the pace caused the premise to be washed up in the plot. The plot also was over emphasized and the characters felt crammed by a script with too many motives and incomplete thoughts. Skip it.
½ June 28, 2016
Long... But interesting concept
June 28, 2016
This is a very good written film, nothing fancy besides a good film, for those thinkers !
June 28, 2016
It's a nice story and made a nice movie.