They All Laughed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

They All Laughed Reviews

½ May 9, 2014
One if those hidden films that stays hidden for a decent reason, but not a great reason. It's art.
½ January 11, 2014
Audrey Hepburn's last leading role. Also Dorothy Stratten's last ever anything. Bad.
April 15, 2013
One of my all-time favorites. Wes Anderson interviews Bogdanovich on the DVD. Wes Anderson directed Moonrise Kingdom. Coincidence? I think not.
½ January 8, 2013
No one can judge this movie this only has been rated by 6 critics and 2 of them are smart for liking it the 4 that didn't like them are just morons that don't know movies at all I might've not seen this movie but Audrey Hepburn is the greatest actress ever I saw 8 of her films(Roman Holiday, My Fair Lady, How to Steal a Million, Wait Until Dark, Sabrina, Charade, Funny Face, and the best of all even thought they're all excellently fantastic Breakfast at Tiffany's) and all 8 were one of the best movies I ever seen they were all fantastic and Audrey Hepburn had a fantastic performance in all of those films she will never lose her fantastic acting it'll always be excellently fantastic. So just stop critics because this movie is way better than that playboy slutté Monroe's movies because Monroe's acting is just horrible if this movie got more critics to watch this it would have fantastic reviews.
January 7, 2013
i have never seen this movie. but it is hepburns worst rated movie by the critics, Alex Wayne will probably disagree with the critics
April 2, 2012
a messy tangled web that proved to hit too close to home (& not at the box office). A real pity, it was plain campy, convoluted & pointless, considering twas Hepburn's & Stratten's last film. Speaking of campy, camp's lines were downright irritating and made me wanna walk out a coupla times -- except it was our bedroom :P The view of the NY helipads & old cabs were nice though.
April 1, 2012
it was fun to be able to identify the places and shops that are still standing in NYC today :) NYC was cleaner-looking back then!

i'd expected better from a good cast even if the plot's half-baked. sadly, the characters were rather one-dimensional.
March 23, 2012
I'm glad "they" all laughed, because I sure didn't. What an utter waste of time.
½ February 12, 2012
alles ist gut von sie
July 13, 2011
Helt klart den trivsammaste film jag sett av Bogdanovich. Fungerar både som formexperiment och fyndig romcom. Colleen Camp brilljerar som countrysongerska och John Ritter är härligt bortkommen med Manhattan som mäktig bakgrund.
July 3, 2011
January 20, 2011
Lembro-me de muito pouco...
December 23, 2010
Charming little comedy is director Peter Bogdanovich's love letter to the classic screwball comedies of the past (Hawks, Sturges, Wilder, etc...). Many great performances, but John Ritter really stands out. What an underrated actor.
½ December 15, 2010
Pretty but vague. Other reviews for this have suggested that the movie's biggest asset is the way it captures NYC, and I can't totally disagree but I have to wonder how much of an asset that really is - has any city been filmed more? Colleen Camp starts out irritating but quickly becomes endearing, the only no-nonsense character in an all nonsense movie.
December 6, 2010
saw it years ago, it had some laughs but i would certainly have to see it again, not likely tho', to rate it fairly............
August 16, 2010
Turns easygoing simplicity into a mundane affectation. In a way this is Bogdanovich's version of a Woody Allen romance-and-infidelity NY comedy, told in reverence for the Hollywood Golden Age. The dialogue tries to pass off a lot of sub-par shmoozing as poetry, which is a major step below the achievements of Saint Jack. If this movie is accurate, it was never more easy than in NYC c. 1981 to make instant friends, to "meet someone" on a given afternoon and to run into them the next day on the sidewalk.

Characters are supposed to be preternaturally cool or elegant and every man is a smoothy or a klutzy charmer. The movie is not so much in love with women as it is in love with different types of dapperness in men and with lustfully pining for Dorothy Stratton. But there's a lot of treasure here for people who love movies, in the shots and the performances and a witty end credit sequence.

All the women are good, even Colleen Camp after you get over her being directed to deliver lines like a typewriter. John Ritter, doing Bogdonavich, may be at his best. Blaine Novack is quite a character; Patti Hansen is the cab driver of every boy's dreams; and Dorothy Stratten can look like a genuine star and chew gum at the same time.
½ August 1, 2010
'Some of them promised they'd never fall in love'

Good New York movie, a favorite of both Quentin Tarantino and Wes Anderson.

Dorothy Stratten was murdered soon after production ended. The negative publicity surrounding the tragedy contributed to the film's limited release.
April 4, 2010
The rare romantic comedy that is truly unconventional... not to mention truly charming.
March 8, 2010
3: I think I'd rather be friends with Peter Bogdanovich than just about anyone else alive. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to take a film class with him as well. One could easily make the argument that he knows more about filmmaking/film history than anyone else alive today. The scarves are pretty classic as well. He's found his look and stuck with it. They is a wonderful, modest, and thoroughly entertaining picture. I suspect it may improve with additional viewings. It isn't my favorite picture his (What's Up Doc, Paper Moon, and The Last Picture Show are all superior), but it is in the top 5. The lack of dialogue and incredibly slow pace at which the plot and all its intricacies are revealed is wonderfully refreshing. Despite the fact one feels as if they're missing something and progressing through the film in a slightly confused manner, it is still completely engrossing. One simply accepts that the rest of the story will come out in time and in the mean time trying to figure out and enjoying the characters is more than enough. Just as all of his work is, this picture is wonderfully old-fashioned. This is a high 3.
½ September 16, 2009
Audrey is wonderfully elegant and Dorothy Stratten glows with potential, such a waste, and while the film isn't bad it just sort of strolls along with nothing happening. Colleen Camp in what seems to be a pale imitation of the divine Madeline Kahn in What's Up, Doc? is horrible and beyond annoying, the total removal of her character would have helped enormously.