This Is the End - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

This Is the End Reviews

October 14, 2016
great movie actually peed myself during it
October 11, 2016
Brilliantly hilarious. Danny McBride steals the show! Outrageously funny from start to finish.
October 8, 2016
It's a funny movie it is a tiny bit stupid but it is funny at the same time. I give it a 79%
October 1, 2016
Everything is ground-breaking, literally and figuratively; that is probably why this film works for some. I'd stay with the minority and leave this mess alone.
September 29, 2016
A funny and original comedy with all actors and actresses playing themselves in a post-apocalyptic world that takes place (for the most part) in James Franco's house. They manage to pull of their portrayals, and make it work will for the duration of the movie. I found this movie to be near flawless with almost all set pieces and near every joke to be funny. The movie could have went into more detail and layout of the apocalyptic world. (8/10)
September 26, 2016
Loved it. Wish it was longer? I don't know.
September 18, 2016
????? ?????? ? ???? ??? ???????????? ???????????.
September 16, 2016
When you are still quoting lines from a movie three years after it came out it says something about funny and great it was. This was a hilarious comedy that will never be repeated in terms of greatness in a comedy.
½ September 16, 2016
I went to this with zero expectations, I couldn't get into something else and a friend talked me into seeing this, I think just because he liked Superbad. I thought I could just sit through it, and was pleasantly surprised.

The film features the actors playing exaggerated versions of themselves, and it works. There are lots of references to the hits and misses of their careers, so if you are an RT user you may be at an advantage. It has a lot of funny cameos and is consistently energetic and entertaining. I had seen Superbad and Pineapple Express, and I feel this is on the same level.
September 13, 2016
Funniest movie of the year so far. Fun Movie. Michael Cera was Hilarious!
And any time Danny McBride comes on screen, he elevates the movie. (Comedies anyway)
September 13, 2016
This is ridiculously funny and the cast is fantastic and does an amazing job parodying themselves (particularly Danny McBride).
½ September 12, 2016
You'd be hard-pressed to find a movie that makes me laugh this hard, this consistently. I wish we could board these 6 dudes up in a room and have their antics streaming 24 hours a day. Every single one of them has multiple moments to shine and endless amounts of memorable quotes, but the McBride / Franco magazine face-off may be one of my favorite scenes in any comedy ever. A filthy and surprisingly thoughtful farce for the ages.
½ September 10, 2016
So much comedic power in this film!
September 9, 2016
Very funny and it starred all my favorites. Total silliness but in a good way. The plot was full of holes but it was entertaining. I laughed all the way through.
September 8, 2016
The idea of having this all-star cast (I really do mean all-stars, plenty of fun cameos) playing themselves in a wild wacked out comedy is what makes this movie intriguing. The first half of the film is great. You will really enjoy what seems to be a glimpse into these Hollywood celebrities' lives. I actually enjoyed the movie more as just that then when the extremely weak plot goes into fold. However, you excuse the plot along with the poor CGI because it is just a comedy. Unfortunately, as the plot gets weaker with time so do the jokes. The second half of this movie is awful. If you don't find the idea of a demon devil raping Jonah Hill or Danny McBride making Channing Tatum his sex slave funny, you will despise the second half just as much as I. Much of the humor really goes downhill deeper into the movie, I cannot reiterate this enough. The plot continues to piss you off and by the end of the film, all you have is an extremely sour feeling regarding the stupidity you observed.
September 5, 2016
Starts out very funny but eventually gets weirder and weirder, leading to a horrible conclusion
½ September 2, 2016
Watching so many fuck-ass celebutantes die was the best thing about this movie.Barely funny except for Jay's usual exasperated nerdom
August 31, 2016
The worst decision I ever made to watch this movie, yes it's funny sometimes but it's absolutely disgusting and repulsive
August 22, 2016
this movie is always funny with a lot of meta humor and it has a great cast full of funny people and it has a great script