Tomorrow You're Gone Reviews

• Feb 28, 2015

Very slow. Some good bits. I did stick with it until the end. Just about watchable. Michelle Monaghan was the star of the show.

• Jul 09, 2014

.5 Stars! This is just plain awful

.5 Stars! This is just plain awful

• Mar 04, 2014

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 (2013) Tomorrow You're Gone PSYCOLOGICAL CRIME DRAMA I don't know, my interpretation is different than the synopsis on imdb.com: "Charlie Rankin, recently released from prison, seeks vengeance for his jail-house mentor William "The Buddha" Pettigrew. Along the way, he meets the ethereal, yet streetwise, Florence Jane. They embark on a unlikely road trip, careening towards an unlikely redemption and uncertain resolution." I thought I watched this movie carefully on all the parts that mattered, and to me anyway, the William Dafoe character wasn't addressed any name whatsoever, but according to imdb.com, Dafoe was the Buddha character when he could've been just another man sent by Buddha who was still in prison. Anyways, the tone is similar to another one of those Quentin Tarantino inspiration movies which the characters are not really sympathized until the end. Stephen Dorff plays Charlie Rankin who's just got out of prison. Once let out, he's then handed a key to open uip a locker and then assassinate someone for a specific amount of money- I suspect, it's either Buddha's lawyer or is it the judge that convicted Buddha to the slammer. At the same time, Charlie's getting all of these relapses and paranoid delusions, about what's going to happen to him, for he's very sensitive to noise. The other thing about Charlie is that he can't seem to eat regularly- and acts like he's always on medication even though there's no indication that he's a junkie. Before the hit were to happen, he then bumps with an attractive girl named Florence (Michelle Monaghan) on a bus stop and can't seem to love her back. While Charlie at first doesn't seem to have a soul or a conscience, he is struggling to have one as long as he spends more time with Florence. The acting is exceptional, but it contains nothing new to the genre at all. 2 out of 4 stars

• Nov 30, 2013

total crap made no sense and the director must have been high

total crap made no sense and the director must have been high

• Aug 12, 2013

thank you redbox for this movie that goes absolutely nowhere. I love Dorff and Dafoe, though Dafoe is very minor in this overall movie, and Monaghan as the lost soul sexpot was nice to look at but the movie just dragged on. The ending is what should have happened to the writer/director...I can't see how any of the three read the script and said YES this is the project I've been yearning for. Good to see I'm not alone. I like noir, but this was not anywhere near a full developed idea. Just a meandering waste of film.

• Aug 10, 2013

A boring noir movie that goes nowhere slowly.

A boring noir movie that goes nowhere slowly.

• Jul 03, 2013

Apart from getting a serious twitch off Michelle Monaghan avoid this piece of sh*t. The normally excellent Dafoe and the watchable Dorff can't even save this piece of pig spunk.

• Jun 15, 2013

Scratching my head and said, WTF???

Scratching my head and said, WTF???

• May 22, 2013

This is a bad movie. The plot does seem interesting but the scriptwriting was absolutely terrible. There wasn't a whole lot to do with the directing, other than a lot of out of focus shots that tells a small piece of the story. Unfortunately, nothing else is done with the directing to advance the rest of the plot. The acting is as good as you can get with a terrible script. Stephen Dorff, Michelle Monaghan, and Willem Dafoe give decent performances but if the movie was in better hands, the performances may have been a lot better. Definitely not worth the rent.

• May 14, 2013

This turgid and pretentious thriller is all style, no substance.

This turgid and pretentious thriller is all style, no substance.