Total Recall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Total Recall Reviews

November 20, 2016
I wanted to line this movie more than I did. The original is better. Some of the special effects are really impressive looking, but the plot and some overacting or miscasting or something just didn't work for me.
½ November 20, 2016
Another remake that possibly didn't need to be remade, although in the pro column it's not as day-glo post-80s as the previous incarnation, and apart from its white-dominated principals (the original had one up on this with the Hispanic lead Ticotin), it has a more multicultural air to it. The visual design is also gritty cyberpunk (although perhaps a little too much lens flare going on) and its sound design is grounded in this too and more appealing. Beckinsale also owns every action scene she is in. However the world setting itself is confusing: Australia (or is it New Asia?) and the UK aren't direct Antipodes, and Americans seem to have taken over both countries - unfortunately in wanting to market the film to the US, the producers missed an excellent opportunity to have an Irish protagonist with Farrell not having to change his accent. Same with the wasted chance to have Nighy speak in his own accent. Plus there are incredibly cheesy and nonsensical nods to the original in the three-breasted prostitute (with no other mutations in sight), the middle-aged traveller saying "Two weeks", and arms being cut off by an elevator - kinda unnecessary really.
½ November 20, 2016
whoever that critic from the front cover from MySpace that said its better than the original needs his credentials taken away. Graphics and some of the effects are new but nothing outstanding and definitely not close to Arnold's.
November 11, 2016
Hizexrrde4.7hb84tf7Tt884ffeiue2
September 18, 2016
Impressive action adventure!
September 5, 2016
love this movie!! loads with action and violence sequences!!! very entertaining!! Kate Beckensale is so hot and sexy in this film.
½ August 20, 2016
Finally had a chance to watch this, despite the bad reviews, it's actually a fun action thriller film. The special effects, design, music, & stunts were really well done. It's not w/o some flaws but this film is not associated to the original film.
August 9, 2016
I droll over Kate Beckinsale's looks because she is an 11, but here, she looks completely out of place!
August 7, 2016
The screenplay is quiet absurb, but a good one sci-fi for me. Bryan Cranston as villain ... strange enough. Lol
August 4, 2016
2013-09-22 lots of action. Rewatched 2016-08-04.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
A good reboot with some fantastic special effects but sadly it relies too much on them, Don't get me wrong Colin Farrell does a good job and there was some nice action scenes, In my opinion it's better than the original but only because of todays technology, But it's worth a watch.
July 25, 2016
Loved it!!! So entertaining.
½ July 16, 2016
When it comes to remakes, I think this holds it's own as the original is super outdated now, I liked Farrell in the main role and it was a watchable film, it didn't hold me all the way through though.
July 8, 2016
I wrote an entire review for this film, and Rotten Tomatoes screwed me over with a 'connection failed' pop up message that wouldn't let me post it despite having a perfect connection. So I'll summarise my original lost review by simply stating that nevermind 'Total Recall', this is a Total Fail.
½ July 7, 2016
A good remake of an 80s classic. Very well done with some awesome effects
June 29, 2016
Fuck your life let me play in on air play for iPhone now before i sew you
June 29, 2016
Better than the original!
Great acting, script and music. Nuff said!
:D
^.^
June 29, 2016
enjoyed the fact that they kept the storyline close to the original starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
June 29, 2016
A clever film that nods to eighties whilst being a separate entity.
June 29, 2016
still dont know which bit was real