Total Recall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Total Recall Reviews

August 13, 2017
Good action, offers more updated sci-fi fare but doesn't part from the original too much, and thus seems pointless.
August 10, 2017
Another Bad reboot movie by Hollywood.
½ August 6, 2017
Horrible Total Recall remake. Or as I like to call this a Reimagining. But a good action film as a whole. just take out the term Total Recall and poof Four Stars.:(
jamrcla
½ July 1, 2017
A good reboot with some fantastic special effects but sadly it relies too much on them, Don't get me wrong Colin Farrell does a good job and there was some nice action scenes, In my opinion it's better than the original but only because of todays technology, But it's worth a watch.
½ June 26, 2017
A badass, intense, action-packed, visually stunning film that is almost as good as the original, but doesn't quite make it to that level due to lack of character.
June 21, 2017
A bright and shiny slice of blockbuster sci-fi that's so dazzling it makes tender love to your retinas but so underwhelming it practically wipes itself from your memory the instant it's over.
June 14, 2017
Occasionally entertaining but for the most part, it is a pretty dull film that doesn't live up to the standard of Paul Verhoeven's 1990 original. The plot, the setup, the characters, the action, they are all very forgettable and I kept wishing that I was watching something else. There is no satirical bite or over-the-top action scenes that made the original memorable. It's not terrible, it's just very unmemorable and unnecessary.
½ June 10, 2017
I love the original film so I was disappointed when I saw they were not only remaking the film but were also removing practically everything that made the original great. Yes the special effects mostly look decent and yes the cast is good but the cast isn't used to their fullest thanks to a bland plot and boring script. All the violence, grit and practical effects that were present in the original have been completely washed out which makes the action for the most part come across numb and boring. This film just reinforces the notion that remakes are almost always inferior to the original.
May 6, 2017
This would be a perfectly decent action/sci-fi if it wasn't compared to the 1990 original, which just felt infinitely more epic.
May 1, 2017
Grade - C
Although it features some great action sequences, I could never get past the fact of how unnecessary this is.
April 29, 2017
The star is only for KB
April 15, 2017
Well that was stupid. Yet another terrible remake, sleek looking but thin, confusing and forgettable. Actually started out halfway decent but got dumber as the movie went into the second half and just became complete action nonsense. The original might have been cheesy in a way but it was at least fun unlike this unneeded retread.
March 2, 2017
A flat, heartless, action-packed sci-fi movie that has NOTHING of the original classic.
½ February 19, 2017
About as good as the original...
January 23, 2017
Great art direction.
January 3, 2017
A lifeless & witless version of the entertaining original . . .
December 30, 2016
Let's hope the original movie isn't bad as this movie
December 29, 2016
the effects were good,
Not as bad as I thought, some good bits but end disappointing
December 5, 2016
Cool action sequences don't make up for the boring and dull plot.
November 20, 2016
I wanted to line this movie more than I did. The original is better. Some of the special effects are really impressive looking, but the plot and some overacting or miscasting or something just didn't work for me.