Total Recall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Total Recall Reviews

½ May 1, 2018
I wish I could wipe this rubbish from my memory
Absolute dishwater. Embarrassing. For me having sat through it and not gone for a walk
½ April 14, 2018
smart, stylish remake of the classic 1990 arnold schwarzenegger movie. the sci-fi feels like a cross of another philip k. dick adaptation 'minority report' and george orwell's '1984'. gratifying, heart-pounding, visually appealing and mildly underrated.
February 13, 2018
A more stylish, sleeker remake, but still a remake.
½ February 13, 2018
Awesome, but no JohnnyCab (or equivalent) - my main complaint. Oh yeah, and no funny black guy lying about how many kids he has to feed (I loved that guy!), but can understand since some might see that as poking fun or being racist. Characters were also not as likeable, although it was hilarious when Jessica Biel said "Oh, now I'm gonna kill that B****!" while laughing angrily (or whatever she said).
January 14, 2018
Not NEARLY as good as the original! One might think that with the advancements in digital enhancements and special effects that at least this aspect would have been better but not the case. The plot does not make the viewer think as much or as deeply. And maybe it's just me but the synthetic cops remind me too much of Star Wars! Did they get a discount on used costumes from the Star Wars franchise?
January 14, 2018
Not NEARLY as good as the original Total Recall with Arnold Schwarzenegger! You would think with all the advances in movie technology as far as special effects and digital enhancements that it would be at least better in this aspect, but it lacks there as well as the plot twists that are not as intricate as the original. Oh, one other thing, maybe it's just me, but the synthetic cops remind me too much of the Star Wars costumes! Did they get a discount on used Star Wars gear!?
January 14, 2018
Great action movie. Very different from the last one. Tries for realism over fun. Definitely worth watching!
½ January 10, 2018
Take the original movie remove every part that made it vaguely interesting, fun or colourful and then add blandness. You've made Total Recall.
December 24, 2017
I am watching it right now and it's starting, stay tuned for my review, okay.
½ December 14, 2017
I'm wondering how it got such low ratting, brilliant movie. I don't understand what part of this film was not able to satisfy viewers.
½ December 6, 2017
It's a good movie but like it's predecessor is very violent. To it's credit it doesn't have the same irritating gore scenes as the original, it also doesn't completely follow the full plot twists. You'll need to see how things work out.
November 22, 2017
It is much better than people give it credit for. The action sequences are fantastic, the acting is great (Farrell, Biel and Beckinsale in particular) and the story is a truer adaption of the short story than the original film. I love the original but I enjoy this film just as much.
November 2, 2017
Full of action, suspense, and mystery this sci fi remake had me hooked.
½ October 28, 2017
I have no idea on why this movie rating is below 70%. I'm not the kind of guy who likes non-stop PG-13 action movies. But... this one is one of my favorites. Visual effects are nice, the atmosphere is immersive and I confess that I was a little overwhelmed and bored by the non-stop action sometimes, but, when the plot twists switches on , things start to get much more interesting. Colin Farrell is convincing and does all the action scenes pretty well. Direction is good too. The only thing which turned me off a little bit was Kate Beckinsale as villain. She isn't convincing at all. Corny at maximum level. Another thing is that I expected way more from Bryan Cranston. But it's was a good flick to watch. Have some fun felt entertained in the end. I still recommend .
½ October 14, 2017
You will not believe it but this is the second film with Clive Owen I've ever seen in my life and the first adaptation of a Philipp K dick novel ever saw you.
Unfortunately, I can not say much about the movie because he was so stupid that I slept twice but I am happy thanks to the soundtrack to the right places woke up.

But I did not think I really missed something.
There are almost only actors in this movie that I like but the movie is so shit I really have to ask the question how could they all sign up for this movie ...

WHAT...this a remake of a Schwarzenegger film? The original fim was Directed by Paul Verhoeven?
October 10, 2017
This remake of the Schwarzenegger classic has Kate Beckinsale Hot beyond Words as well as some severely epic fight sequences. Last but not the least, even though the ending is a nod to Inception like that this all may be to surreal to be real, makes you wonder even more.
September 30, 2017
Nothing like the original. Enjoyable but predictable.
September 26, 2017
While this movie didn't stick to the environments as the original Recall it was action-packed that's good enough for me.
September 25, 2017
I was actually quite entertained for the 2 hours I watched this movie. Not even close to the original, but still a decent go. Colin Farrell didn't quite fit the role, but after awhile you could just accept it.
August 13, 2017
Good action, offers more updated sci-fi fare but doesn't part from the original too much, and thus seems pointless.