Trainwreck Reviews

• Feb 09, 2020

Very funny. Easy watch.

Very funny. Easy watch.

• Jan 27, 2020

Trainwreck was a train wreck. The conclusion of the movie is the best part of the movie, but everything leading up to it is dull and painful to sit through.

• Jan 18, 2020

All around great movie. Great cast. Lots of laughs.

All around great movie. Great cast. Lots of laughs.

• Jan 14, 2020

Forgettable. Some small chuckles but nothing worth recommending

Forgettable. Some small chuckles but nothing worth recommending

• Jan 12, 2020

Amy's character commits statutory sexual assault, and we as the audience are meant to take it lightly. Also, there is a metoo level power imbalance in that situation, because the 16 y/o is an intern. Also, she doesn't show remorse. She is an alchoholic, and her initiated behaviour the hurts other people, I doubt this was her first sexual assault based on how easily she said yes to the intern. Doesn't matter how powerful he is painted to be, this was sexual assault of a minor, clear and simple, a crime and it's laughed off. Bill Hader's character is also problematic throughout, she says no a lot and he ignores her. There doesn't seem to be an understanding of consent. The implication is that she didn't mean no, when she says it which I'm sorry, no is no. Also, at the begining, she sets a very reasonable boundary, I'm writing about you, we shouldn't sleep together, which fuck, is very legit! The fact that he presses to sleep with her is him disregarding the inappropriateness of the situation, and the danger it does to her career. And her decision to sleep with him is another power imbalance. While he is by no means powerless, she still has a special power over him because she is writing about him, and it's just icky. Defiently no where close to the kid, but I think it helps add weight to the claim that she has a pattern of behaviour of drinking excessively and then performing risk taking behaviour, which often times hurts others or violates ethical boundaries. She is self destructive, not because she enjoys sex, but the binge drinking and the bad decsions it inevitably spures point to deeper issues in her life. The level of drinking she engages in is also unhealthy on any level, from a mental, emotional, relational and physical health standpoint. She, genetically inherited alcoholism from her father and is refusing to deal with it, even as it destroys her life like it did her father's. This is laughed off as a joke, when if fact it's tradic and morally reprehensible. Amy's character is a bad person who hurts people and needs to stop and reevaluate her life and start the journey of searching for why she is the way that she is, how she can attone for the people she has hurt and how to begin healing. Fuck this movie.

• Dec 09, 2019

Anything with Amy Schumer is trash

Anything with Amy Schumer is trash

• Nov 22, 2019

i like it alot. i would recommend it.

i like it alot. i would recommend it.

• Sep 02, 2019

The title of the movie says it all.

The title of the movie says it all.

• Jun 04, 2019

I don't know if I can call myself a "fan" of Amy Schumer. Certainly, every fan of Schumer who sees this movie will love it. What I'm pointing out is, this film may have far wider audience appeal than those who are strictly fans of Schumer. The story, which is said to be somewhat autobiographical, follows Amy's early relationship evolution, based on some very cynical advice from her father. From that, the narrative follows a fairly conventional trajectory with Amy's transformation into someone who can love and be loved. The narrative is not the main reason to see this film. It's Amy's projection on screen. She is so lovable and relatable. She obviously knows comedy, including the rom-com type. And, she can be totally sympathetic. It would be impossible to leave the theater with anything but a smile on your face. The supporting cast deserves high marks as well. Bill Hader, as the male interest, does a decent 'job playing his character completely straight, which amplifies Schumer's craziness. LeBron James has a hilarious cameo discussion. I saw this film in the theater. If you did not, rent it.

• Apr 25, 2019

A rom-com that while it does not avoid stepping into some cliches, eventually success in both the comedy and drama field.