Trainwreck Reviews

• Jun 04, 2019

I don't know if I can call myself a "fan" of Amy Schumer. Certainly, every fan of Schumer who sees this movie will love it. What I'm pointing out is, this film may have far wider audience appeal than those who are strictly fans of Schumer. The story, which is said to be somewhat autobiographical, follows Amy's early relationship evolution, based on some very cynical advice from her father. From that, the narrative follows a fairly conventional trajectory with Amy's transformation into someone who can love and be loved. The narrative is not the main reason to see this film. It's Amy's projection on screen. She is so lovable and relatable. She obviously knows comedy, including the rom-com type. And, she can be totally sympathetic. It would be impossible to leave the theater with anything but a smile on your face. The supporting cast deserves high marks as well. Bill Hader, as the male interest, does a decent 'job playing his character completely straight, which amplifies Schumer's craziness. LeBron James has a hilarious cameo discussion. I saw this film in the theater. If you did not, rent it.

• Apr 25, 2019

A rom-com that while it does not avoid stepping into some cliches, eventually success in both the comedy and drama field.

• Apr 05, 2019

This movie was pretty much garbage. Not funny at all. I think John Cena is awesome, but still hated him in this movie. Amy is a sub par actress and a terrible wannabe comedian. FACT IS FACT

• Mar 25, 2019

I wish I could come away from "Trainwreck" saying that I loved it. Unfortunately that just isn't the case. The main thing that ruined this filmed is the predictable and unrealistic romance which is what most of this film revolves around. There was never a point during this film in which I felt as though there was actual chemistry between Amy Schumer's character and Bill Hader's character. It is also very cliche, and you can for the most part predict where the story will go. The humor also falls flat for the most part, and the first ten minutes I cringed at almost every single joke told. The best part of the whole movie is actually LeBron James. LeBron has excellent comedic timing and most of what he says is hilarious. Outside of that and brief cameo appearances from SNL mainstays, there isn't much enjoyable in this film. Playing "BOB" by Outkast near the end was pretty cool though.

• Mar 19, 2019

Although it is predictable at times but it is still an entertaining romantic comedy that Amy Schumer does quite well in. It can be relate able at times and even if you're not a fan of Amy Schumer you will get laughs out of this film. Colin Quinn's performance often stole the show in every scene he was in and it is unfortunate his character was written out but Amy Schumer does her best with the writing to make it as relate able as possible.

• Mar 12, 2019

She may be somewhat talented, buyAmy Schumer is a one-trick pony.

She may be somewhat talented, buyAmy Schumer is a one-trick pony.

• Mar 06, 2019

Loved this movie... funny and heart warming!

Loved this movie... funny and heart warming!

• Mar 06, 2019

The unfunniest comedy with the most disgusting face on the face of planet earth. Any movie with her in it will automatically get a zero star from me. I would gladly shove negative stars up hr nostrils if rotten tomato allows me to do so.

• Feb 26, 2019

abhorrent to the film career of Colin Quinn, run far away

abhorrent to the film career of Colin Quinn, run far away

• Feb 25, 2019

Crap movie fat Schumer and Larson both stink.

Crap movie fat Schumer and Larson both stink.