Trollhunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trollhunter Reviews

½ July 19, 2017
I remember watching this in middles school. Me and my friend Joseph were scrolling through Netflix and came across this unusual film. We said "F--k it" and started it. It surprised us both with the documentary filming style and the hilarious dialogue and CGI trolls. All I have to say is don't judge a movie by its trailer haha.
½ July 13, 2017
Alternately goofy and thrilling, this is one of the successes in the "found footage" genre.
½ June 24, 2017
unique and magical. one of the best found footage movies ever
½ June 20, 2017
Definitely in my top 3-5 documentaries
June 18, 2017
Great film, dispite breng a movie About trolls still very realistic
June 9, 2017
Satire throughout. A send up on Blair Witch Project, wildlife documentaries, government coverup memes, college "capture everything" film students, pseudoscientific explanations, meaningful camera shots of rocks, even some social satire (note the scene with the Polish truck delivering the bear, and the scene before). In the context of trolls being attracted to Christians, what constitutes being religious enough. And is Islam sufficiently close to Christianity to be a problem with trolls? Let's find out. All very deadpan. Beautiful scenery too, though.
½ May 27, 2017
not scary. boring. a few cool parts but mostly meh. did a more extreme version of the way blair witch project tried to trick people into thinking it was real. i'm guessing most ppl in norway haven't seen blair witch project. although this was way better than that garbo movie. i guess i could say the cgi was pretty good, they looked real. (1 viewing)
½ May 27, 2017
Even though the atmosphere and characters are interesting eye candy, the overall lack of direction and story damage the pace and enjoyment of the film.
May 13, 2017
Fun little thriller with good special effects.
May 7, 2017
This movie is fantastic, the story is good and worth watching.
April 26, 2017
Very cool movie!! Effects are flawless, acting believable and storyline very credible. As "found footage, mockumentaries" go they did an incredible job on this one.
April 25, 2017
Perfectly self-aware of what it is and what its dealing with, André Ovredal's directional debut delivers as both, a surprisingly entertaining monster film, and a satisfyingly well constructed found footage mocumentary.
April 15, 2017
Great ride. I went into this thinking it would probably be a b-grade creature feature adn was pleasantly surprised by a compelling story, good performances and solid production quality.
I strongly recomend it.
March 31, 2017
bored to hell. I loved Dead Sno and even better sequel, but this was so boring
March 28, 2017
due to all the hype I was really disappointed by how bored I was with this film, not enough action for me and apart from the actual troll hunter guy no one was very likeable..
March 23, 2017
An enjoyable 'mockumentary' for the most part, but I found there to be too few laughs for me to enjoy it as a comedy, not enough tension or suspense to enjoy it as a horror, and not enough 'weirdness' to enjoy it just for the sake of it.
½ February 6, 2017
Great humor. Refreshing story.
January 5, 2017
Fell in love with this show. Me, a 47 year old woman. Oh, and then my husband got sucked in =)
December 17, 2016
My Norwegian friends made me watch this film with them, after they raved about how fantastic it was. I wanted to enjoy it, I really did, but unfortunately it seemed to lose its novelty very early on.
½ December 3, 2016
A perfect horror-comedy in that it doesn't undermine either element. Ovredal directs with dread and humor in equal portion, the likes of which America hasn't had since the early films of Sam Raimi.