Trollhunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trollhunter Reviews

April 15, 2017
Great ride. I went into this thinking it would probably be a b-grade creature feature adn was pleasantly surprised by a compelling story, good performances and solid production quality.
I strongly recomend it.
March 31, 2017
bored to hell. I loved Dead Sno and even better sequel, but this was so boring
March 28, 2017
due to all the hype I was really disappointed by how bored I was with this film, not enough action for me and apart from the actual troll hunter guy no one was very likeable..
March 23, 2017
An enjoyable 'mockumentary' for the most part, but I found there to be too few laughs for me to enjoy it as a comedy, not enough tension or suspense to enjoy it as a horror, and not enough 'weirdness' to enjoy it just for the sake of it.
½ February 6, 2017
Great humor. Refreshing story.
January 5, 2017
Fell in love with this show. Me, a 47 year old woman. Oh, and then my husband got sucked in =)
December 17, 2016
My Norwegian friends made me watch this film with them, after they raved about how fantastic it was. I wanted to enjoy it, I really did, but unfortunately it seemed to lose its novelty very early on.
½ December 3, 2016
A perfect horror-comedy in that it doesn't undermine either element. Ovredal directs with dread and humor in equal portion, the likes of which America hasn't had since the early films of Sam Raimi.
October 31, 2016
Pretty friggin cool. Refreshingly original for a found footage movie. The mythology they've worked out is surprisingly convincing. Also impressed with the performances and dialog, considering most of it was improvised.
October 21, 2016
A fantastically comically, yet dark Norwegian found footage film. Spectacularly shot, wonderfully told and Otto Jespersen's performance is damn near perfection.
October 16, 2016
"Trollhunter" is a found-footage fantasy film that plays like a nature documentary. Sometimes it's immersive and other times, it's absolutely boring. With exciting chase scenes across Norwegian fjords and humor as dry as astronaut food helping it along, "Trollhunter" is an interesting experience.
October 4, 2016
Found footage movies, ranging back to the father of them all in The Blair Witch Project, have been consistently not good. They've been sorry excuses to rob audience members of their money...most of them. However, just when you're about to lose faith entirely in the genre, a movie like Trollhunter comes around that completely changes your mind. Trollhunter is a smartly executed, funny and frightening found-footage movie that dodges cliche after cliche to give the audience a satisfactory viewing experience.
½ September 27, 2016
Troll Hunter dose not blast constant action in your face, and goes with the principle of what you don't see is more scary like in "The Cat People" and "Jaws". It saves the reveals for the right time, and makes you worry about the characters. This is a great modern horror flick, I was able to ignore the CGI in this one as well, the rest is just so good I was able to accept it.
½ August 31, 2016
A good horror-comedy with some very interesting ideas and strong performances that sadly gets bogged down by mediocre writing. Worth seeing before the unavoidable American remake.
August 19, 2016
So pretty much take The Blair Witch Project. Replace a witch you never see with giant trolls and replace three assholes arguing in the woods with some twenty-somethings having the time of their life. The fake documentary style has proved to be a great way for filmmakers to get their start and putting their mark on cinema. The film goes down the right paths, and follows a rather formulaic story-line, but with such a unique story leading the way, you're more than happy to take the voyage through troll territory and help put an end to their trolly shenanigans. The story starts off on one path and stays on it. they informed the viewer quite well about troll history and the different types. It was the type of love you hoped would be present here, and I can't help to feel thankful for such research and creative thinking. They way they combine modern science with old time folklore. Like for example trolls turning to stone in sunlight. You find out why. And the whole thing about being able to smell the blood of a Christian man which eventually turns into the question of if they could smell the blood of a Muslim. You have to imagine there was a lot of fun happening while making this. Overall, the actors and writing delivered a fine job as they juggled tongue-in-cheek overacting with some scenes of serious drama. Basically every area of the film delivered to how you would want, and I was totally content with how the fx and trolls all looked. The movie shows the beautiful mountain countryside Norway has to offer made me want to see it for myself. It's one of the best found footage films around. I hope a sequel get's made where they go and systematically hunt down and kill internet trolls. The worst kind.
August 17, 2016
Yes a modern tale of trolls with subtitles. And it's fantastic.
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Not a bad film at all the story was a little different to what I thought it would of been, The troll effects were great, Just like most found footage films it takes a while for anything to happen and at the end it asks more questions than it answers, This didn't really finish like that but it wasn't a great ending, Worth watching just dont expect a troll version of Cloverfield.
½ July 6, 2016
A funny, tense and dread-filled experience with great visuals.
½ June 19, 2016
2016. Pretty entertaining
June 18, 2016
We were hit with extreme meh over it. sorry & all that.