Trollhunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trollhunter Reviews

November 22, 2017
There is some freshness in this film but not enough to keep your interest above a lukewarm level. I really think the found footage genre is a dead trick, it doesn't have this ability anymore to surprise or scare. But nonetheless the landscapes are awesome, Norway is a beautiful country.
½ November 5, 2017
Begins as a Nordic variation of "Blair Witch". but then you actually glimpse the quarry and it just keeps getting better. The explanation of the electrical grid is a hoot.
November 2, 2017
This movie is awesome. Hans is one of the best characters in any movie ever. Special effects are amazing, but they don't really need to be. You're totally invested from the first troll sighting until the finale confrontation
½ October 8, 2017
"Trollhunter" is reminiscent of Richard Matheson's book" I Am Legend," which concentrated as much on why vampires need blood, are afraid of garlic and mirrors, die if exposed to the sun, etc. The Trollhunter explains to college kids filming the Trollhunter's trolling for trolls the characteristics of the trolls, types of trolls, where trolls live, what trolls eat, why some trolls grow two useless heads out of their shoulders, etc. A veterinarian tells why trolls will blow up or turn to stone if exposed to the sun (hummm, sound familiar?). "Trollhunter" is a good film, and the Norwegian scenery is nice.
½ September 29, 2017
I got a few chuckles that's for sure but, the pace was kind of slow at times considering the style of film.
August 18, 2017
Seriously silly fun!
½ August 10, 2017
The acting was dry and terrible! Half star for a few trolls. 'Drather watch a chick flick!
August 3, 2017
I really enjoyable Nordic 'found footage' film about... why, trolls, of course! Good pacing, specials effects, acting and likeable characters - especially the Troll Hunter himself - make this Noridic folklore-come-true mighty enjoyable. 4/5*
½ July 19, 2017
I remember watching this in middles school. Me and my friend Joseph were scrolling through Netflix and came across this unusual film. We said "F--k it" and started it. It surprised us both with the documentary filming style and the hilarious dialogue and CGI trolls. All I have to say is don't judge a movie by its trailer haha.
½ July 13, 2017
Alternately goofy and thrilling, this is one of the successes in the "found footage" genre.
½ June 24, 2017
unique and magical. one of the best found footage movies ever
½ June 20, 2017
Definitely in my top 3-5 documentaries
June 18, 2017
Great film, dispite breng a movie About trolls still very realistic
June 9, 2017
Satire throughout. A send up on Blair Witch Project, wildlife documentaries, government coverup memes, college "capture everything" film students, pseudoscientific explanations, meaningful camera shots of rocks, even some social satire (note the scene with the Polish truck delivering the bear, and the scene before). In the context of trolls being attracted to Christians, what constitutes being religious enough. And is Islam sufficiently close to Christianity to be a problem with trolls? Let's find out. All very deadpan. Beautiful scenery too, though.
½ May 27, 2017
not scary. boring. a few cool parts but mostly meh. did a more extreme version of the way blair witch project tried to trick people into thinking it was real. i'm guessing most ppl in norway haven't seen blair witch project. although this was way better than that garbo movie. i guess i could say the cgi was pretty good, they looked real. (1 viewing)
½ May 27, 2017
Even though the atmosphere and characters are interesting eye candy, the overall lack of direction and story damage the pace and enjoyment of the film.
May 13, 2017
Fun little thriller with good special effects.
May 7, 2017
This movie is fantastic, the story is good and worth watching.
April 26, 2017
Very cool movie!! Effects are flawless, acting believable and storyline very credible. As "found footage, mockumentaries" go they did an incredible job on this one.
April 25, 2017
Perfectly self-aware of what it is and what its dealing with, André Ovredal's directional debut delivers as both, a surprisingly entertaining monster film, and a satisfyingly well constructed found footage mocumentary.