Trouble the Water - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trouble the Water Reviews

September 3, 2016
It's gripping from beginning to end. Wonderfully told. It perfectly captures the unbiased reality of the storm Katrina brought to NOLA's citizens.
May 4, 2016
Very annoying lady that the movie focuses on. The points about the poor being hurt were very well-made. But the focus was all put on that annoying lady. Ugh
January 21, 2016
Its movies like this after seeing them that at times I am ashamed to call myself an American.How the hell does something like this happen in our country?George Bush had already made such a mess of our country I was sick to death of him,this was the Icing on the cake.^ days? Why did it take 6 days to get water to the Superdome?Why were these people not evacuated?Sad documentary folks.I think every American should watch this to see the HELL these people went through and the positive upbeat spirit a few held in their hearts while their city fell apart all around them.See it!
January 18, 2014
Heckuva job, Brownie.
½ March 28, 2013
Una lección de fuerza, coraje y solidaridad.
Una muestra de la hipocresía política y de la discriminación.
Un retrato de nuestros tiempos.
February 20, 2013
A fascinating and shocking look at the tragedy and aftermath of Hurricane Katrina for the people who couldn't leave and lived through it. It manages to critique the inaction and mismanagement by the government while also telling an uplifting story. This is a must watch documentary!
February 6, 2013
Amazing documentary that effectively highlights the Bush administration's lack of response to the disaster at hand. Is at times both inspirational and heartbreaking.
February 1, 2013
"George Bush doesn't care about black people." said Kanye West. Obviously not, as illustrated in the film's first-hand point-of-view. The level of poverty, lack of education, literacy, struggle, and desperation of the people who were most affected by Katrina is prevalent. However, at times, I couldn't help feel but that Kimberly Williams was trying to launch a would-be rap career. Perhaps such was the point: to illustrate the level of desperation of she and her family.
½ January 20, 2013
A documentary made inside the disaster from Hurricane Katrina. Amazing how they survived and shocking how the low income citizens are neglected.
January 12, 2013
Enlightening. Thought provoking. Saddening. Awesome. A must see.
December 4, 2012
Unfortunately Deal and Lessin had to deal with Spike Lee's "epic" on the Hurricane and will forever have to be compared with that work. Thankfully, it is good and in most cases this is more poignant than Lee's excessive piece.
September 29, 2012
A gritty, first-person narrative tells the story of an incredible catastrophe in New Orleans.
hunterjt13
July 11, 2012
Kimberly Rivers Roberts and her family survive Hurricane Katrina and the aftermath.
The film takes several pot shots at the Bush Administration and the local governments in their handling of the disaster, and it sets up its primary subject as a hero, a survivor in the face of unimaginable hardship. Politically, I agree with the film's disdain, and although it took me a while to like Roberts, by the end of the film, I admired her even if I don't know how long we could sustain a conversation in real life.
Overall, it's biased, but Trouble the Water is ultimately an important film.
June 12, 2012
Look, assholes: documentaries are biased. All films are biased. All video clips arranged in montage are biased. The act of selecting footage and editing is inherently biased towards authorial preference. So the idea that a "true" documentary has no bias is damn foolishness and indicates no knowledge of film. That being said, I don't want to review this movie, because I don't want to hear what the fucking Republicans have to say about it, but it moved me, it provokes anger and great sadness, it's an outstanding nonfiction film for those with empathy who aren't judgmental fuckers.
June 11, 2012
A ground level coverage of one black American familiy fighting for firstly survival and then to rebuild their lives as a result of Hurricane Katrina. It's a fantastic companion piece to Spike Lee's opus and introduces us to a truly remarkable woman. Come the revolution GW better be the first up against the wall.
½ May 16, 2012
obviously personally resonated with me a whole lot
May 3, 2012
Hooray for inadequate response from the gov't in one of the worst natural disasters in this nation!
April 27, 2012
Fascinating and disturbing at the same time.