True Romance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

True Romance Reviews

November 3, 2017
Barf. Why did I like this movie back in the day? I can't believe any of it. And Gary Oldman makes me wince in this role.
½ October 25, 2017
A little less refined than Tarantino's later scripts, but it's not hard to see why "True Romance" has become a 90s classic.
October 15, 2017
Great cast. Particularly Oldman's small but memorable role
October 12, 2017
typical dumb 90s movie, this one is better than most though
July 19, 2017
An all time classic. They don't make em like this anymore...
July 8, 2017
compelling story, indulging character development and a marzipan blend of action, romance and dark comedy to create an instant classic!
June 8, 2017
***
Tony Scott's 'True Romance', for all its violence, is a light-hearted love story at its centre. Although the last 5 minutes feel a little rushed, and the whole plot is a bit too far-fetched, it's saved by some excellent performances and typically memorable dialogue from Tarantino.
May 29, 2017
Quite simply my favourite movie of all time. Don't think there is another movie like this.
It makes you invest in the characters from the start, the music the opening scenes the story , I don't think another movie could ever top this for me
May 29, 2017
This is why we watch movies!
May 21, 2017
Didn't really get it. I loved the actors they got but the movie just didn't do anything for me. The plot was ridiculous and took over a hour for anything to happen. I respect it but not my type of movie.
April 24, 2017
This is one of the best ensemble casts of all time. The conversations between Oldman and Slater and then Walken and Hopper's characters are two of my favorite pieces of dialogue in movie history. Great small roles out of James Gandolfini and Brad Pitt and this is definetly the best work of Patricia Arquette and Michael Rapaport's career. An underrated masterpiece in my opinion.
April 20, 2017
My "little guilty pleasure"for when I'm not at my best,or I can't be bothered going out to collect a bill that's odd to me, my MOTIVATIONAL movie is "true romance"First part is with Don Vinchenzo with The ULTIMATE DON Tony Soprano in the background ready with his "lock knife"open, and poor Mr Wurrles eventually knows that his Fate is sealed(but even then he NEVER rats on his son)
And my Second part is AGAIN with Big T, and Alabama as he tries to make her tell him where his "coke is at"ESPECIALLY the scene where he pretends to be admiring her "beauty"and he asks her to turn around and then he lands a BIG right hook on her chin BUT immediately he knows that he isn't happy with it, and right at that moment he makes a gesture with his eyes as if to say to himself "you messed that up"NOW if that's not enough to put shivers down your back then you shouldn't be watching "true romance"
April 11, 2017
Wonderful movie about a completely random guy who gets setup with a hooker for his birthday. The two of them like each other so much that they get married, but the guy still has to tell the girls pimp that she's off limits. So well written by Tarantino. Some of the best dialog I've heard. It would be one of my favorites if it didn't have such horrible cinematography. Too many closeups of faces.
March 20, 2017
The best Tarantino film Tarantino didn't direct. Slater and Arquette have never been in a better film or given a better performance. The supporting cast is what makes this film shine. Val Kilmer is oddly brilliant as Elvis, Gary Oldman is just plain odd as usual. Even though the main theme score is stolen from 'Badlands', it complements the moments of romance and innocence that resonate amongst the chaos and confusion of the crime and violence.
March 17, 2017
Very, very good film. Was introduced to this in college and would definitely call it a hidden gem and cult classic.
½ February 24, 2017
Its difficult to get bored during a film that's this unabashedly cool. Tony Scott's energetic direction combined with Tarantino's, as per usual, flawless screenplay makes for one groovy movie. This movie is violent, funny, romantic, off-the-wall, tongue-in-cheek, excessive, absurd popcorn movie fun time at its most perfect. There's only been one movie like True Romance, and that's True Romance. There has never been another one like it and there never will be another one like it. A classic!
February 4, 2017
Great film. The scene with Hopper and Walken is one of my all time favourites. Worth watching just for that scene.
January 7, 2017
the best tarantino film to date, 2017!
January 6, 2017
It sure feels like a Tarantino movie, but an unusual and a bit forced soundtrack along with some remarkably dumb camera placements kinda takes you out of it.