Tycoon Reviews

• Dec 21, 2014

Tycoon is a decent film. It is about engineer Johnny Munroe who is enlisted to build a railroad tunnel through a mountain to reach mines. John Wayne and Laraine Day give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Richard Wallace did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and adventure.

• Nov 04, 2013

I can always appreciate a classic movie. I haven't seen this movie in yrs.

I can always appreciate a classic movie. I haven't seen this movie in yrs.

• Aug 04, 2011

The technicolor looks lovely but this is otherwise dull and standard.

The technicolor looks lovely but this is otherwise dull and standard.

• Mar 14, 2011

somewhat average, okay performances and the romance is decent enough, but it really drags quite a bit

• Aug 29, 2010

Nice action-romantic with John Wayne who plays a different character than usual. For the first part of the film he plays his standard All-American man, but during the second half he turns to a heel. Laraine Day looks fabulous. The plot had a lot going for it, the photography was nice, the direction OK.

• May 23, 2010

A nice romantic adventure that celebrates heroic bravery while pointing out the dangers inherent in an uncooperative spirit and rampant individualism. John Wayne may not have been a major star when this movie was made, but he gives his characteristic strong performance.

• Aug 16, 2009

Overly melodramatic and certainly formulaic, this Wayne movie does have all-round strong characters, and once the action takes hold it does grow in interest.

• Mar 11, 2009