UglyDolls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

UglyDolls Reviews

May 21, 2019
the message was unclear
½ May 21, 2019
ugly dolls was a great movie! i cried in it. it is a movie i didn't know i needed to see. it inspired me to be who i am, and that my flaws make me unique. great movie for everyone!
½ May 21, 2019
Animations great the soundtrack is ok but the plot is so bad and repetetive like a pbs show
May 20, 2019
MUY MALA SOSA Y ABURRIDA
May 20, 2019
This is a movie for kids. This is not a Toy Story level of story, where adults and children will enjoy it. This is strictly for kids.
May 19, 2019
I'm not really into musicals.This movie is more for kids
½ May 19, 2019
Very boring. Very predictable plot that ended with everyone being friends. I understand it was aimed towards young kids, but the standard has been raised at this point. That is not a good reason to put out a lazy piece of work like this. Also, throwing in a random pool of celebrities didn't work for me at all.
½ May 19, 2019
Cute little kids movie,funny,dramatic and musical with all these great singers(Kelly Clarkson,Blake Shelton,Pitbull,Bebe Rexha,Janelle Monae,Nick Jonas)you never stop laughing and dancing in your seat
May 18, 2019
The movie is very good! But was good cool also and had a very interesting part and was very good!
½ May 18, 2019
UglyDolls was boring, horribly paced, horribly edited, and the jokes didn't land
May 18, 2019
Great movie. Really love the song.
May 17, 2019
This movie sucked, and the Uglydolls aren't even that ugly. The only reason I'm giving this 2 stars is the main villain is HOT AS FUCK.
½ May 16, 2019
Cute, little cheesy at times. For a kids movie, the villain was a bit over the top.
UglyDolls
Initial Reaction: That's "Beauty Challenged" Dolls to you, guys.
Main Characters

Moxy, Ox: Two dolls that are not perfect. They are voiced by Kelly Clarkson and Blake Sheldon
Lout: He's the head of a town known to be perfect. He's voiced by Nick Jonas.

Plot Summary
Moxy has a dream to be some kid's doll. But the problem is she is not perfect " she's "ugly" and lives in a place where all the other "ugly" dolls live (hence, the title).
But she's not giving up on her dream and she heads out of town to find a way into a child's arms.
But to do that, she'll have to get through a bunch of perfect dolls and a test through a house simulation.

SCORING
Main Characters
Moxy does a lot of, um, moxy in her and Ox is good as your level headed doll. And Lou makes for a good bad guy because he puts some thought into his actions. SCORE: 8

Supporting Characters
The rest of the cast isn't as memorable. The other "ugly" dolls and the other "perfect' dolls don't have much going for them. SCORE: 5

Plot
This is a musical, and the songs here are really good. But the parts about becoming some kid's doll are really strange and confusing. SCORE: 6

Originality
This feels a whole lot like Toy Story with a lot more songs. SCORE: 4

Violence Factor
At one point, the "ugly" dolls are tossed into "recycling". But it turns out to be a huge incinerator. And how they got out of the mess is really far-fetched. SCORE: 4

Other Moral Issues
At the heart of the film is a really great message about accepting each other for who we really are. But the whole thing about becoming someone's doll just ruins the whole thing. SCORE: 4

Final Score (out of 60): 31 % Score: 51.67%
It's got great songs and a great leading pair, but the living toys things has been done better in other films.
May 16, 2019
Fantastic. Kept kids very entertained. Lots of fun.
May 16, 2019
UglyDolls is one of the most bland and generic animated features that wants to hammer in the message about loving how you are a unique individual, but the irony of it is, there isn't a single unique element in this movie whatsoever. I can see this movie appealing to very little children, but anyone older will find this to be a waste of time. Go watch Avengers: Endgame, Detective Pikachu, and/or John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum instead of this.
½ May 16, 2019
I like animated films, but this one was not one of them. I didn't watch the movie, but I saw all 5 trailers. There were 2 major flaws this movie had that made it bad. One: The lip-syncing of the characters in the trailers were a bit off, and it is a disappointment because this movie was made in 2019. I would understand if it is 30 or 40 years old. Two , the same scene appeared in all 5 trailers. The scene where Ox said, "Isn't that right gibberish cat?" and then he was like, (gibberish). And finally, the characters name is so bad. They do not even look like dolls, and do not look ugly! They all look cool. My favorite was the blue cat. Also, one last thing. In the picture, Lou looks pretty cringy in the picture.
½ May 16, 2019
My 5-year-old loved it 1/2"she was smiling, laughing, and dancing in her seat the whole time, didn't take her eyes off it. She is still talking about her favorite parts days later. I thought it was a cute movie.
May 15, 2019
At least you tired....but this is not good.
May 15, 2019
This movie is full of heart. I'm a dad and don't typically listen to any singer from this movie but I loved it. I also love the soundtrack. I am listening to it now and was curious who the people are and came across these poor reviews on RT. I had to speak up for this fun and entertaining film. I don't like sitting in movie theaters, I prefer to watch them at home ($54 to take my family), but I plan to see this movie again in the theater to take my mum.