Unaccompanied Minors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unaccompanied Minors Reviews

½ March 26, 2017
For decades, A Christmas Carol and It's A Wonderful Life have been the standard templates for holiday films, until a third choice came along in 1990. Ever since, there have been a whole slew of films that have tried to be the next Home Alone. None have come close to being as good, but perhaps the best attempt came from Unaccompanied Minors. The Davenport kids are flying to seeing their father for the holidays when they are stuck in Cleveland by a massive snow storm. When they get there, they discover they are just two of dozens of kids who are stuck at the same airport, trapped in a conference room under the watchful eye of the airports ruthless administrator, (Lewis Black) who's not all that fond of children. Together with some of the more unique personalities, the Davenports stage an escape and wreck havoc on the airport, determined to have fun during the holidays, even if it is in a snowed in airport. Yes, this is a kids movie with all the cheesy jokes and kid stuff that comes along with it, but what makes it unique is all the different personalities. The six kids are from all different parts of the country and are all from different family structures and different socioeconomic backgrounds, meaning they all had very different lives and very different ideas on what the definition of fun is. The culmination of the different personalities and how they all come together is what makes this film unique and quite frankly pretty special. The young cast is pretty talented as well, featuring Brett Kelly from Bad Santa as well as Tyler Williams from Everybody Hates Chris. The young cast also gets help from veteran comedians Lewis Black, Wilmer Valderrama, and Rob Corddry. The combination of young comedians and veteran comedians adds another dynamic similar to the one set up by the characters in the film. As well as the mixing of characters personalities, you're also getting a wide variety of comedic styles in the film. The bottom line, Unaccompanied Minors may be a kids Christmas movie, but there is a whole lot to like about it, from the writing, to the in depth character development, the mixing of different comedic styles, and even the unique settings. It's not quite Home Alone, but as close as anyone's come since 1990.
½ November 27, 2016
11/26/2016: An ok movie at best with just a few funny moments.
July 22, 2016
Best Movie In the world u need to watch it I was 1 year when it came out love it favourite movie
June 26, 2016
guilty pleasure of mine
½ February 2, 2016
This was a fun movie. Home Alone, but in an airport....meets middle school aged Breakfast Club. It was good. Lots of great cameos, and a lot of fun.
January 11, 2016
I thought it was a great kids movie. I actually enjoyed it and I'm 19 :P
November 12, 2015
The 31% on this movie is SO undeserved. It is a fun movie with a good mix of humor and cute storyline. It has no liberal agendas typical of Hollywood these days. The entire family can enjoy it. It is an unique movie with an idea I don't think has ever been done before. No, it is not a serious movie and should not be treated as such. The mix of kids was good. We pull this out every Christmas and enjoy watching it every year!
September 13, 2015
The kids might find this funny but adults not so much.
September 1, 2015
Unfortunately, this isn't as good as Paul Feig's future films would turn out to be.
August 2, 2015
Cool, exciting, adventureous
½ July 27, 2015
The movie follows the Christmas movie formula pretty much by the numbers but the laughs are consistent and they're fun for the whole family. It's not a unique movie but it's an enjoyable one.
July 22, 2015
One of the worst Christmas movies I've ever seen in my entire life.
February 17, 2015
"So, how about we redo Home Alone. But don't put any effort in, anything will do."
½ October 24, 2014
This is another one of those family movies that, traditionally are released around the Christmas season.

Kids will enjoy it. I left feeling that adults will find this film boring.
August 24, 2014
The young cast of the main characters performed well together as a team in this funny family holiday film with a good heart. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ May 4, 2014
110103: A Christmas tale involving kids trapped at an airport. Teens may appreciate this film more. It could easily be a film for the family during the Christmas season but will never be a classic.
March 8, 2014
The extreme comedy contributes well to the simple plot that was built from scratch. One of the funniest Christmas films of all time.
January 6, 2014
We made it through approximately 5 minutes of this drek before conceding defeat and changing the channel (I don't even know what possessed my husband to turn it on in the first place). I can only assume that the writers consider their target audience to be dumber than most kids are.
The dialogue makes a show like Friends sound Shakespearean, or Scooby Doo look as sophisticated as German abstract expressionism. The producers probably never bothered to look at it, but I'm not sure they should have signed any paychecks. There was even a decent number of recognizable actors, but from what I saw, they must have gotten wasted to deaden the pain. Is that what the NY Times reviewer did, too?
Admittedly, I only gave it 5 minutes, but that was enough.
January 5, 2014
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie...i think that rob corddry, quinn shephard, lewis black, dyllan christopher, gina mantegna, jessica walter, bj novak, brett kelly, dominique saldana play good roles/parts throughout this movie...i think that the director of this kids/family/comedy/xmas movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie...i think that this is a really enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie n its a funny movie 2 watch......its a good family christmas movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie.....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie its such an enjoyable christmas movie 2 watch