Under the Bed Reviews

Just awful, poor acting.

Just awful, poor acting.

• Todd S Super Reviewer
    Jul 29, 2018

I watch mostly independent horror films, because when it comes to this genre, Hollywood is just too afraid to try anything different. When you see a horror film in theaters, it seems like all you get is either a slasher film with a ton of blood, a serial killer movie with lots of gore, or a supernatural thriller with nothing but jump scares. Real horror is supposed to be scary and is supposed to be something that sticks with you, but it's rare that a film can do that anymore, and Under The Bed is no exception. I can sum up this film by simply saying it's an hour of goosebumps, ten minutes of ridiculously over the top gore, and a whole five minutes of stranger things, thrown in at the end, for an attempt at originality. Not only was this a horror movie that I would call boring, but the cast was just plain annoying and written to be beyond stupid. If not for the writers love of the F word, combined with the last fifteen minutes of the film, Under The Bed could literally have been a Goosebump. Jonny Weston stars, and the future Project Almanac star, really was the only bright spot. This was one of his first films, but he at least has a clue as to how to live in the moment and build up the intensity. Weston's character had an interesting background and even a couple of funny one-liners, aside from that, this film has absolutely nothing. For those of us who love independent films, we are always taking a risk, knowing that a lot of times we're seeing newcomers. A lot of these films are something different, new, and refreshing, but other times they reek of inexperience and are completely lacking in originality. Under The Bed is yet another example of the latter.

• Sep 04, 2017

Nothing much happens during the first 45 minutes of this movie, just a bunch of lame dialogue and a glimpse of the creature. Then, all hell breaks loose during the last 25 minutes or so. Lots of shots of the creature and plenty of blood and gore. However is only one note and adequate, the direction is all over the place and the story is derivative and confusing. Not the best.

• Dec 07, 2016

It's not a disaster considering all the terrible low budget horrors I've watched, but still Under The Bed is an underwhelming movie. There's hardly any scares at all until the creatures finally appears at the end; and even then his demise is the stupidest plot twist ever.

• Mar 10, 2016

"...Numb...and it felt like I was gonna fall asleep." The tone is out there, the pace is dreadful, the acting is stale and the horror is sloppy. "Under The Bed" delivers a yawnfest not worth your while.

• Feb 20, 2016

it could of been a bit more jumpy

it could of been a bit more jumpy

• Oct 24, 2015

Above average suspense and then over the top horror ending. Leaves a lot of loose ends and unanswered questions, but that actually is a plus.

• May 31, 2015

The only thing that saves this film from complete banality is Jonny Weston's performance. He pulls off 'brooding and traumatized' rather well. The guy who plays the father does a fair job as well. The major problem with this film is that it takes so.... very.... long to get rolling. The last ten minutes are exciting. Everything before that? Eh. Not so much. I experienced a number of "why the hell would they do THAT?" moments while watching this film as well as some times when I could not help but laugh at the absurdity of it all. The concept is promising. The execution falls somewhat flat. But, if you're looking for b-rate horror, you could do worse.

• Apr 10, 2015

This Is My Review While there were some cheesy typical horror moments and some serious bits of over-acting, the gore factor was on point and the villain was overall pretty creepy. I'm still a little confused about the story behind the creature's existence and the method of dispatching said creature. The cinematography was stellar as the use of the polaris effect while filming made it very cool to look at. That Was My Review

• Apr 01, 2015

The father should have been compassionate and patient towards his two son's instead he vented his frustrations by screaming and yelling at them. The seemingly asinine bung hole of a father deserved what was coming to him! I believe the monster did the two boys a favor - got rid of the problem.