Under the Tuscan Sun Reviews

• May 25, 2019

This is my favorite movie!

This is my favorite movie!

• Mar 16, 2019

Based on a true story this movie has everything. Adventure, heartache, humor, and great romance

• Dec 19, 2018

My all time favorite movie, beautiful and uplifting, you won't regret watching it. Especially if going through hard times

• Nov 11, 2018

Although it aims to be little more than an amiable escape of sheer idyllic fantasy, Lane brings so much enthusiasm to the role that it is easy to overlook how sparse the narrative and how thin the characters remain. Like peach and prosecco, Lane's energetic charm and the Tuscan countryside make for an irresistibly refreshing combonation, the true romantic pairing of the film, as Italy's storied landscape comes to stand in for the lack of a real love interest for Lane. Life, of course, moves at its own pace in Italy, and the joy of the film comes from its gradual refusal of the standard expectations and narrative formulae as Lane's character comes to define herself.

• Sep 01, 2018

One of the most beautifully shot films I've ever seen. Diane Lane is believable and admirable as the lead character. We need more resilient female characters on screen!

• Jan 06, 2018

The slow pace is overcome by Lane's performance.

The slow pace is overcome by Lane's performance.

• Nov 17, 2017

I was not a fan. This movie bored me.

I was not a fan. This movie bored me.

• May 05, 2017

While predictable and too precious in recounting Frances' romantic disappointments, Under the Tuscan Sun is ultimately worthwhile for its celebration of home, family, friendship, and the lives we create while we think we're headed somewhere else. Best of all, it manages to capture much of the warmth of being in one of the most beautiful and hospitable places on earth. The Tuscan setting, Diane Lane and a wonderful supporting cast save this from from being the dreary chick flick it might have been. An excellent choice for whenever your spirit needs a lift.

• Apr 22, 2017

It was sweet and I loved the scenery.

It was sweet and I loved the scenery.

• Apr 19, 2017

Always loved? this movie!

Always loved? this movie!