A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas Reviews

April 23, 2017
What a hilarious worthy sequel!
February 7, 2017
4/5. Another excellent sequel in the Harold & Kumar series and a great Christmas movie.
February 7, 2017
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas is directed by Todd Strauss-Schulson, and it stars John Cho and Kal Penn in a Christmas comedy about Harold (John Cho) living his own life in his house with his wife, while Kumar (Kal Penn) is not living his life and is instead living his life smoking and living in an apartment with his roommate when all of a sudden, he gets a package that belongs to Harold, and he goes over his house to deliver the package, and the package kind of screwed up Harold's situation and they have to fix the situation that brought them into more shenanigans. I have not seen the previous films yet as this is the first that I've seen from these duos, but to my surprise, I wasn't that confused about what's going on, and I enjoyed what I watch from this. The acting is pretty solid from John Cho and Kal Penn that I understand how they made three movies out of this series. The plot is very simple, but for fans of this, they are just here to laugh, and for this, there are tons of jokes that are really funny. It even makes fun of 3D at times, which I didn't watch in 3D, but I was well-aware of the 3D material in this as they shove it up your face, and it can get some laughs, even if the 3D wasn't that great. Some of the jokes can become stale, but there are still jokes after that which would make you forget about it, and the cameo by Neil Patrick Harris as himself is really funny to watch. Some of the effects are really good, especially the clay animation which I didn't realize at the time that it was done by Laika, the same company that had done Caroline and Paranorman. It does show a bit of the Christmas spirit, which gives this more of a purpose of being a Christmas movie where some of the movies didn't really have much to do with Christmas. It can get really raunchy, which can be funny at times, but can just be the sake of being gross with nothing comedic with it. With that said, A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas is a great comedy that when I do get a hold on the previous films, I'll give them a shot at it.
December 16, 2016
you know what to expect, and it doesn't disappoint.
½ December 10, 2016
Rude. Crude. Raunchy. And Christmas-y. And it's a lot of fun to watch this quite funny flick starring two of our fave "stoner" buddies
½ December 5, 2016
This was alright. Has its funny moments. Decent Christmas flick.
½ August 27, 2016
A Funny Raunchy 3D Christmas Comedy to the Harold and Kumar trilogy. I give it a 68%
August 19, 2016
If Neil-Patrik is in then I'm in!
July 20, 2016
While some of the humour is a bit questionable, the film nevertheless benefits from fine performances from John Cho and Kal Penn (and Neil Patrick Harris as Neil Patrick Harris) and some great 3-D which doesn't even require 3-D glasses to experience the third dimension making A Very Harold & Kumar (3D) Christmas a reasonably entertaining diversion.
July 17, 2016
A welcome return to... what's that word? Oh yes: humor, which they left out of the dreadful movie that came before this.
½ June 19, 2016
I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as the other two
June 7, 2016
This is one of the greatest comedy trilogies ever made in my opinion! Why? Because each installment is funnier than the last! And this is indeed the funniest one in the trilogy! A+
June 3, 2016
Overall the movie is not to bad a few good laughs
½ May 24, 2016
Funny for the same reasons the first Harold & Kumar is funny, just less-so. Also provides some heart and genuine character to the two leads audiences have grown to love.
jamrcla
½ March 27, 2016
Quite a funny third part not as good as the first two but a good watch, A little sillier but they all have been, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, Nice to see they bought back NPH even though he died in the second film, His parts are always brilliant, As good as a stoner film can ever be.
January 12, 2016
it had a few laughs and I like how they make fun of the 3D aspect of all the movies despite them doing 3D themselves. not as good as previous H&K comedies but still funny none the less.
½ January 6, 2016
Tasteless garbage. Who really thought that a Harold and Kumar Christmas movie was a good idea? This time they really take it too far. (First and only viewing - 10/20/2012)
December 23, 2015
It's okay. Not too good, not too bad, just okay.
½ December 14, 2015
It was somewhat entertaining, but probably because I enjoyed the first two movies. Not dying to see this again, but worth the watch.
December 14, 2015
one of the funniest movies ever