Walker Payne Reviews

• May 13, 2014

Good drama, nice attempt at period detail. Well acted. I couldn't watch the dog fight scenes however. Fine score. But it's a real downer of a movie and tends to be quite depressing.

• Oct 11, 2012

I really need this movie I can't find it anywhere...

I really need this movie I can't find it anywhere...

• Sep 20, 2012

Really liked this movie

Really liked this movie

• Nov 11, 2009

Watched it on HBO. The movie sucessfully competed against cable programming on 11/11/09.

• Apr 02, 2009

Sad but very interesting. sadly, there really are women out there in the world who will abandon their kids for money. sad sad sad...

• Feb 24, 2009

It was pretty interesting but I didn't even like to see the dog fighting. It was his ex-wife's fault about his dog's death while she wanted money for sending their daughters back to him. The ex-wife was also MEAN to him.

• Nov 17, 2008

As a parent how far would you go for your chuldren? This was a hard movie for me to watch, as I'm a huge animal lover & was torn at the fight scenes. Raw, disturbing, but well done.

• Sep 12, 2008

Im sooooo torn on this movie....cant stand Jason Patric, but he gave THEE best performance in this movie, very emotional, felt real. I didnt know it was going to have dog fighting in it, so thats why Im torn..it just broke my heart those scenes. I was a ball of goobily goo when he told his dog to get up, and kill, and the poor half dead dog, turns and loks up into his masters eyes, with that Im loyal to the end for you look...God...just about KILLED me.......sad sad movie. But well acted by all.

• Sep 02, 2008

Story is very admirable and Patric is good as a womanizer and can draw you in and have you root for him even though he doesnt deserve it. Very good cast and Drea did an amazing job. The dog fighting scenes are quite graphic so watch out for that but otherwise its a very good movie. Never goes over the top in trying to draw out your tears but does enough to stir emotion in your mind. The ending leaves the story unfinished and quite unsatisfying but other than that I say rent it when you have watched everything else, not before.

• Aug 31, 2008

The solid casting in this film makes it slightly above average. Bruce Dern and Sam Shepard are top notch veteran actors, Jason Patric is highly underrated as an actor, he carries this picture, and Drea de Matteo is solid as well. They all give capable performances. The dog is effective too. The title of this movie is horrible. Yes it is Patric's character but it's awful. A combination of Walker Texas Ranger and Major Payne. Just an atrocious title for a movie. Definitely a straight to DVD/straight to cable release. Nothing theatrical at all about this movie. The casting saves it. Mike Vick will love what Patric has to do to get his daughters back. I think I will send him a copy in prison.