We Need to Talk About Kevin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We Need to Talk About Kevin Reviews

October 20, 2016
I thought I wanted kids until I saw this film
½ October 13, 2016
This is a hard film to watch. But I highly recommend it. Took off a star and a half because it depressed me.
½ September 28, 2016
The movie that introduced me to Ezra Miller. It's such a deep and disturbing movie, with amazing acting.Tilda is the real protagonist here and she is flawless, portraying a frustrated and lonely mother, and so is Ezra with the unnerving and unforgetable Kevin. We Need to Talk About Kevin is definitively a haunting work.
September 24, 2016

We Need To Talk About Kevin provides a slow burning and intense tale of psychopathy in a very unconventional way that makes the whole experience not as trascendental as it would want but very shocking and heartfelt nonetheless.
September 19, 2016
disturbing, intense, beautiful. feels like one of more accesible haneke films. a masterpiece.
September 15, 2016
Kevin is one little shit...
September 8, 2016
In this movie you witness such great acting by Tilda Swinton; as a difficult relationship between a mother and her son has led to a tragic and unexpected event.
½ September 6, 2016
Explores the factious relationship between a mother and her son. Tilda Swinton plays the mother, Eva, as she contends for 15 years with the increasing malevolence of her first-born child, Kevin (Ezra Miller).
September 1, 2016
Tragic story of a rather introverted woman who doesn't know quite how to raise her troubled child, then has to live in the aftermath of the horror he leaves behind. Excellently performed by all the leads.
August 29, 2016
Tilda rules the movie, the movie itself isnt bad, although its kinda slow paced. Tilda swinton deserves a 10 stars tho!
½ August 27, 2016
We Need to Talk About Kevin is perhaps the most terrifying and
spine-chilling movie I have ever seen.
From the very first scene this movie places a load on your chest that you won't be able to take off even after the end.
The cinematography is amazing and the whole film is beautifully directed, and what an amazing performance from Tilda Swinton.
½ August 23, 2016
Deeply disturbing and utterly engaging.

Not one I can really see myself watching again. But I'm very glad to have watched it the once. Superbly cast and acted. Brilliant photographed and amazing direction. Not to be missed for those who can handle the subject matter.
August 6, 2016
This is an incredibly chilling and well put together film. It's very well cast with the children who play Kevin at various ages each playing their part perfectly. Tilda Swinton really fulfils her role as the distraught mother having to deal with a disturbed child.
By far one of the best thrillers I've seen in recent years. It's a film that really plays on your mind, which I think was the directors intention.
August 5, 2016
Bloody hell, this was a tough watch! Probably best avoided if you're thinking about having kids soon!
½ August 3, 2016
A very well done film. Disturbing and sad.
July 31, 2016
So disturbing and upsetting. Everyone, especially mothers, should watch. A pure nightmare on film.
July 30, 2016
Buenísima. Muy perturbadora. Te tiene al filo de la silla de principio a fin.
July 24, 2016
It took two hours for them to show me what I knew in the first 10 minutes. Loved the soundtrack and the cinematography but the pacing was way off.
July 19, 2016
Well made, but completely in the shadow of the bloody great source material.
July 12, 2016
A modern day, cerebral version of The Omen, essentially. It's a study into the mind of a psychopathic school shooter, told from the perspective of the mother. Troubled youths at home have been tackled in films before, but this is an exceptional piece. It's entirely uncomfortable in every aspect, to the point where some of it is just unbearable and dull. Tilda Swinton's performance is stirring.