What's Love Got To Do With It? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

What's Love Got To Do With It? Reviews

½ May 13, 2016
I gave the film 4 1/2 stars... it was splendid, very well filmed, unbelievable performasces by L. Fisbourne and A. Basset, but I trully believe that Angela Basset has no idea about performing a song, and she doesn't capture the "macho" sexy performance of Tina Turner on stage. She looks too theatrical and too pretend. But on the acting sequences she nails it :)
½ March 7, 2016
A powerful and shocking portrayal of the book "I, Tina", that bring a terrific acting of Bassett and Fishburne. Fresh.
½ January 13, 2016
The most disturbing film I have ever seen, the acting is first class from the two leads, Bassett and Fishburne. The violence is extremely realistic and upsetting.
July 24, 2015
this is my favorite movie ever!
½ April 9, 2015
Bassett is great and Fishbourne is even better, together giving real bite and captivation to this biography.
½ February 16, 2015
Everything works in this film and the acting could not be better,Basset and Fishburne just own these characters hook line and sinker.
July 19, 2014
What a fantastic movie!!! I really into it. Angela Bassett is nothing short of amazing! Holy crap...the hell Ike put Tina through. So glad she found her balls & left his sorry ass. Laurence Fishburne gives a heck of a performance too, but this movie is ALL Angela Bassett. I can't believe I waited 21 yrs to see this film...I ought to slap myself for waiting. My only negative comment about the film is tha the entire time "Tina's" clothes seemed to be more modern than everyone else's. Overall, GREAT movie!!!!
½ June 8, 2014
Powerful performances from Bassett and Fishburne and wonderful musical moments from both of the stars.
May 27, 2014
The film is actually ruined by Tina herself at the end of the film. After a fantastic depiction by Angela Bassett, Tina appears and makes the audience forget the last two hours. Perhaps overly critical but..
February 10, 2014
I absolutely love this film but I cant find it anywhere as I want to watch it again. really want the dvd or somewhere I cant find it to watch it
February 9, 2014
What's Love Got To Do With It is a fine film. Good music and good acting. This is well worth seeing if you like Tina Turner's music. I give this movie 4 stars.
December 31, 2013
terrific I cried and cried it was out standing
December 24, 2013
that girl can sing$%%%%
November 1, 2013
I wont to see it now in it soo good
September 24, 2013
The story Ike and Tina Turner.

Tina was a small town girl that nobody really thought had any potential until Ike came along. Allowing her to front his band he helped mold Tina into the great star she became.. But giving her confidence and helping her develop her voice.

The movie has great acting by Angela and Lawrence who also teamed up in Boyz In The Hood just two years earlier. We get treated to some good music with Tina covering Creedence Clear Water Revival's "Proud Mary" aswell as classic Turner songs like Shake Your Tailfeather and Nutbrush City Limits.

The movie does get alittle graphic at times. But it does a good job in showing just how disturbed Ike really was.

8/10
September 6, 2013
This the movie omg yes true story the lesson is when you've done all you can just stand up for something
August 7, 2013
Excellent acting and a fascinating real life story make this an emotional tale. The music doesn't hurt either.
June 17, 2013
A music bio movie as good as any yet made. I have a couple of quibbles. One is the fact that the film portrays Tina as a na¯f when she hooks up with Ike, when she actually already had a child with another guy. The other is that while Bassett does an excellent job acting, her musculature (which resembles that of a running back) is distracting and, I confess, a bit intimidating. If actors can gain and lose 60 pounds for a role, the least she can do is lay off the curls and bench presses for a few months. Fishburne is terrific, but ultimately it is the story of Tina's tumultuous partnership with Ike and her amazing comeback that really gives the movie its power. And Hollywood; if you read these posts (what am I saying, of course you do!), please make one of these for Janis Joplin. THE ROSE was great, but it was fictional and made 33 years ago.