Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Reviews

January 18, 2018
Impeccable, many aspire to write something this timeless and spot on.
December 25, 2017
A Technicolor film aimed at children (well almost!) about a contest by the magnet of a confectioner (Willy Wonka energetically played by the late Gene Wilder).
The contest involves five golden tickets hidden in the worldwide sold wrappers of the popular Wonka Bar.
Five children eventually find the tickets and they along with their guardian's are invited along to the Wonka factory for a tour of the facilities along with the promise of a lifetimes supply of chocolate.
Some of the children and guardians are interesting characters as in rather spoilt brats! I mean one child is annoyingly called Verruca Salt!
What follows is an hour or so of vividly colourful, musically interrupted adventure as Wonka aims to find the inheritor of his chocolate empire.
A pure children's film that was made in an age before CGI filled cartoon characters that seem to be all the rage nowadays and a great performance from Gene Wilder.
November 12, 2017
A very nostalgic and important part of my life. This was and is perfect in many ways
1- Gene Wilder was the best Wonka for the job.
2- The actors were very well into their roles.
3- The music was sweet.
4- It was funny, dark, sweet, scary, and mysterious.
5- The sceneries were very well made for a movie of the 70s.
Everyone has their own opinions about things, but in my opinion, this is the best Willy Wonka film, that all people need to see.
½ November 12, 2017
Willy Wonka I would consider is a fantasy movie I really did think the music was good it was pretty interesting to watch Gene wilder did a good job playing Willy Wonka is a good singer the songs were good in the movie always keep in mind they made the book of this movie.

Hay they made a remake of the movie that came out in 2005 staring Johnny Depp! I like the 2005 more! This one was ok
October 8, 2017
This movie is a classic, I remember this movie on VHS after My mom record this movie on The Disney Channel when I was a kid. but I really love this movie so much
October 7, 2017
love this movie so much
September 10, 2017
I don't think I'll ever get tired of rewatching this movie. I've always been a fan of musicals and I think it was this movie that got me into them - and into the dystopia genre. There's an dark vibe under all the cheerful singing and the kids getting potentially bumped off in various creative ways is often treated with a shrug. Definitely Roald Dahl's best work.
September 6, 2017
Despite its lack of faithfulness to the source material, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory stands on its own merits making a truly wonderful and unique movie. Gene Wilder is great in the role of the titular character delivering a magical performance as a guy who murders asshole children in front of their parents. I've been checking out a lot of fan theories on Reddit lately. The songs are memorable with the Oompa Loompa songs and Wilder's "Pure Imagination" song being the best songs in the move IMO. Seeing all these fictional sweets being translated to a movie makes them look even more inviting and I think I'd go on the drug/hell boat tunnel ride because of my weakness which is anything similar to an amusement park. Thanks to its visuals that stand the test of time, great songs and Gene Wilder's captivating performance as the possible serial killer, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory remains a classic film adaptation of Roald Dahl's beloved book.
½ September 3, 2017
Gene Wilder is a genius, and he makes us love this magical film that may not be as well polished as it could have been but has a lovely charm of its own and has become a cult childhood favorite for so many people - like a younger sibling of The Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins.
August 17, 2017
Best musical of all time!! PERFECT!
August 7, 2017
How could any movie have a happier ending then this movie? Best kids movie of all time.
August 6, 2017
You can have the Johnny Depp version. Gene Wilder is Willy Wonka. Making a remake was sacrilege.
½ July 16, 2017
Not the worst film ever but certainly not the best. People who haven't read the book will definitely enjoy it more than people who have, because of the amount of things that were changed.
June 26, 2017
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a delightful film full of heart, laughter and pure imagination for the young and the young at heart. Gene Wilder made this movie famous for his one liner jokes and being sarcastic at times but it's all in good fun. I highly recommend this film to everyone regardless of your age. Brilliant cast, Easy storyline to follow and very catchy songs. The film that Gene Wilder will be most famous for in his acting career
June 13, 2017
A dazzling entertainment.
½ June 1, 2017
Brilliantly colourful and wonderfully acted, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory stills proves wildly entertaining.
May 14, 2017
One of my all time favorite movies.
May 1, 2017
Not my favorite movie, the signing was good but that's all
April 23, 2017
OK, there are bizarre narrative decisions that might frighten younger children (such as the scary tunnel scene or several disturbing things that happen to the children), still it's a well-deserved staple of most families from the 70's up to today. An indelible part of the culture for those that grew up in that era since it was on TV all the time-and one that made Gene Wilder a legend of boisterous kookiness. Memorable music, Willy Wonka is a fable in the vein of the Wizard of Oz.
April 5, 2017
Now this is where it's at, get the hell out, emo Willy Wonka and your crappy remake! This movie is more colorful and not as EMOOO!