Win a Date With Tad Hamilton! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Win a Date With Tad Hamilton! Reviews

½ October 13, 2016
Dopey romcom with shapeless characters and no chemistry.
October 10, 2016
Cute romantic movie :)
½ July 28, 2016
It was so bad, my family and I left the movie theater without finishing it.
½ September 6, 2015
This had all the makings of a chick flick/ rom com and did not fail to be exactly what I expected. It was cute and sweet, with a little romance and a little humor. Worth seeing if that is what you are going for.
July 20, 2015
Just a romantic comedy ( comedy ? ) like there are thousends of theme , ok . SOMDVD
June 11, 2015
From the very beginning we know how Win a Date with Tad Hamilton is going to end. It's that simple. And you know what? That's perfectly fine.

January is a terrible time for movies, but this one stands above them. It's a harmlessly sweet little rom-com with charming leads.
½ February 2, 2015
I'm not one for romantic comedies, but I was a huge fan of That 70s show, and wanted to see if Topher Grace's movie roles were really worth leaving the show for, and needless to say, I was unimpressed. The film centers around three friends working in the grocery store of a small town. They are big movie fans and the girls love Tad Hamilton (Josh Duhamel), the hottest new star in Hollywood. Hamilton has the looks, but his reputation isn't so good. To fix this, his people come up with the idea of a contest, where the winner get a date with Hamilton and hence the name of the film. Josh Duhamel stars and really shouldn't do comedy. He may have been terrific in the show Las Vegas, but he just isn't believable in a comedic role. As for Topher Grace, he plays this whiny, love struck, jealous friend of Kate Bosworth, and he wasn't really that funny either. Win A Date With Tad Hamilton seemed like someones attempt at making a Woody Allen film and ultimately they failed. This film just tries too hard and gets to a point where it isn't funny. It lacks all the subtle, intelligent humor of a Woody Allen film, not to mention the plot is kind of cheesy. There is a lot to look at in this movie for both men and women, but beyond that, it's really not worth your time.
January 29, 2015
Uninspired and mostly boring, this is as forgettable as it gets. Full review later.
July 25, 2014
The cast were great and blends together nicely. We all know how this movie gonna end right from the start -well maybe a few minutes in- and the last 15 minutes are so cliche, but it's a good rom-com just to make us smile.
July 20, 2014
A charming little film. Although Topher Grace may have filled out a bit since "That 70s Show", his voice is still that of Eric Forman. Nathan Lane's appearance as Josh's agent adds some zing to what is otherwise just a run of the mill, dime a dozen sweet, light, romantic comedy.
July 16, 2014
Directed by Robert Luketic........hell no! I'm not watching it.
½ July 7, 2014
It was completely predictable Rosalee would end up with her poor, nobody childhood friend Pete rather than the rich, famous, handsome actor Tad, but the central problem of the movie is that for almost all of it, Tad is much more likeable than Pete. Tad is genuinely in love with Rosie, and he sincerely wants to get out of shallow Hollywood and be a better, more down-to-earth person. He is always nice to everyone, even when they are being unbearably awkward or jerky towards him. Especially Pete, who acts like a big jerk to Tad. Instead of telling Rosie how he feels, he does everything in his power to sabotage Tad. And even when Tad is not in the picture, all he does is act super cynical and roll his eyes at anything Rosie and Kathy say. He acts very condescending towards Rosie, as if she is so stupid and naive she has no clue and cannot make her own decisions. Only at the very end is Pete a sympathetic character, but by then I've spent the whole movie rooting for Tad, even though I knew what the very predictable ending would be. Tad gets his heart broken, and that's the only thing I care about. I'm sad about that, instead of happy that Pete gets the girl.
½ May 28, 2014
I actually liked this unique comedy that offers something kind of different to the genre. I always thought Bosworth was one of the more underrated actresses out and here her turn is really good. She plays a young country small town girl who wins a date with a famous movie star. What ensues is a jealous small town friend who is in love with her. A unique script but cliche cheesy ending. Still something different and fresh is always welcome.
March 10, 2014
Josh Duhmel is God's gift to earth!
½ December 21, 2013
Quite a decent movie. Funny in places and not the usual predictable storyline you would think. Likeable main characters.
½ December 1, 2013
Meh..Typical Teen Comedy. Not Missing Much Here That You Ain't Seen Before.
November 28, 2013
I watched this as a recommendation from a friend back in high school. And while I liked it back then, I don't think I would like it much now.
October 15, 2013
Josh Duhamel and Topher Grace. Two gorgeous men in the same movie. Where can you go wrong??

Cute story, cute characters. All around cute!
October 6, 2013
Needed more Topher Grace in my opinion. Ginnifer Goodwin & Kathryn Hahn were under used as well. The ending kills the movie & sends it into romantic comedy sappy-land. Good "Movie To Stitch To" though.
½ July 16, 2013
The film is too overly formula induced to amount to anything special, but doesn't completely crash and burn under its mediocre circumstance, as it provides barely enough subtle rom-com entertainment to suffice.