The World Is Not Enough - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The World Is Not Enough Reviews

March 20, 2017
Crap. I really hate James Bond films. He should have died of some sexually transmitted disease ages ago!
February 19, 2017
A good film with some great action sequences, but the uneven plot and questionable acting might turn some heads.
½ February 11, 2017
Brosnan's third Bond outing tries to restore some plot and sophistication after the largely derivitive, action savvy Tomorrow Never Dies. While it doesn't feel like a classic 007 episode, it is certainly an improvement. The intriguing element here is the direction by Michael Apted (from the 7ups documentaries) and the emphasis he places on character development and psychological nuances. The action this time is so-so (seen it all before, Bond by numbers) except for the pre-credits sequence where Bond pursues a villain through the Thames river and ends up falling from the newly built Millenium Dome. The most successful thing about this movie is the way its characters interact (especially Bond's tense encounters with a Blofeld-like villain who cannot feel anything due to a bullet lodged in his brain). Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist is probably not one of the best casting choices but the intricacies of Sophie Marceau's treacherous Bond girl make up for the weaker points in the film.
½ January 29, 2017
Good action, a good opening Bond theme, a memorable villain and Brosnan's confidence in 007's skin make this superior to his last outing as super spy James Bond. But an unexciting plot and a scientist named Christmas Jones almost derail the whole affair.
½ January 8, 2017
One of the problems that has dogged a number of bond films is the sense of there being nothing really at stake during the action set-peices. Here we get a mixed bag in that regard as in some cases the action and jeopardy wash over you totally unaffectingly and at other times it all gels and is very affective indeed. A decent plot, but Brosnans's performance is both good, bad and irritating in equal measure. Despite the filmmakers best efforts, somehow the movie comes off feeling a bit flat. On the whole it's an OK movie but not anywhere near my top 10 in the franchise.
January 4, 2017
160701: 19th Bond Film. I still don't see the appeal (see my other Bond ratings). Though there are a couple beautiful women in this film, Elektra (Sophie Marceau) and Christmas (Denise Richards), and almost reasonable action, The World is Not Enough fails for me like most other Bond films. Other than Live and Let Die (1973), I've yet to rave for 007. Robert Carlyle as the emotionally liberated villain Renard, and Goldie as Bullion, have to be my favourite characters. I found Bond surprisingly more emotional than usual, perhaps to offset Renard? Features the best boat chase scene since Live and Let Die though the fan powered snow machines sucked. 3 at best.
November 8, 2016
its no bosch, but itll do
½ November 6, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Like 'Tomorrow never dies,' this film is packed with fun, whilst Brosnan's severe persona balances out any Moore-like cheesiness. In this instance these contrasts feel even less at odds thanks to an all-round improvement on Brosnan's part. It also packs a few good character through-lines and some great action to match; accumilating at the end with a great pay-off and a nice balance between spectacle and stuff to make you care.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The plot is just so unneccessary, and as a result it requires a set-up as long and dissengaging as any in the series - and some of it's worst writing too. I'll bet you wont care for much until you're at least one hour in...
VERDICT: The right balance between the fun of the previous, and the seriousness of 'Goldfinger,' It's just a shame Brosan's penultimate outing didn't have the plot to match.
November 3, 2016
Another pot boiler Bond. There are some decent Bond moments and action scenes but the villains are pretty forgettable and Denise Richards was woefully miscast.
½ September 15, 2016
Brosnan was easily the worst bond
August 12, 2016
Most definitely the worst 'official' James Bond film I have ever seen (haven't seen 'The World Is Not Enough', 'Quantum of Solace' or 'Spectre' yet) but still has its moments, and like The Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd, even the bad stuff is better than 80% of the other stuff out there. Still I wish it wasn't Brosnan's last one--and though Craig was truly a refreshing change in his realistic tone that hearkened back to the great days of Connery, that too got old, even for the actor himself.

This was very poorly planned and written. Madonna was awful but Halle Berry was one of the most memorable Bond girls since the series' glory days. Some of the special effects, especially near the end, were simply ghastly. As if the Broccolis had to pinch pennies...
August 7, 2016
Cool action, bad acting, this was....meh. Denise Richards was obviously casted for her looks!
½ July 31, 2016
3 out of 10:

The World is Not Enough has the qualities of being a bad film; choppy performances, choppy cgi, and a choppy story. It does have some good action scenes.
July 29, 2016
Not bad. Denise Richards is terrible but her part doesn't really make a difference to me. Some good action sequences. I liked the helicopter with the drop down buzz saw thing.
July 29, 2016
Good acting. Good movie.
½ July 25, 2016
Worst Brosnan film. Denise Richards does a pathetic job. Renard is one of the most obsurd villains ever. Are we in a Bond film or a comic book?
July 23, 2016
Pierce Brosnan is on the top of his game in the best film of his tenure.
½ July 20, 2016
A weak Bond movie that doesn't hold a candle so well in the franchise with "Christmas Jones" and predictable writing plus a outdated band playing the new song, The World Is Not Enough made me had enough of shitty Bond films
July 7, 2016
a very fun action movie but it also come with what you would expect from over the top action movies for better or for worse but i still recomend this
½ June 20, 2016
The story is a little better than usual but not enough to blow people away. The action is pretty good. Bronson still sucks as Bond and is an ice man in this one.