The Wrong Guys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wrong Guys Reviews

February 9, 2015
The Wrong Guys is a movie that you watch just because it was there.I would've never known the movie existed if I wasn't going through the thrift shop's VHS section (As usual) & found it (It was only $1) It was a great time waster & a fun watch but not something I'd watch all the time or maybe ever again but if you came across it then I'd tell you to give it a watch.Who knows?, Maybe you'll enjoy it more then I did
½ February 1, 2014
I first saw this movie when it came on HBO back during the Summer of 1989. I never got the see the whole but caught a lot of stuff here and there. It wasn't till last December when the film popped back in my head and I rented it on amazon and finally watched the whole thing. Although I won't call it the greatest comedy ever made but I did like it. The only funny joke is when John Goodman gets the living daylights beaten out of him by the all the angry mothers. But even if that was the only funny joke I still found the movie entertaining. I did like the scenery and landscape of the forest and I liked all the characters. Some material can make me smile but not laugh out that much. So I will say it was good but no its not great but I still will say its good. I am not Steven Gibson writing this review. I am Scott Gibson his son writing this review. I didn't know he was logged in this website.
½ August 27, 2013
In this unfunny as hell comedy, the story is about a group of former Cub Scouts played by seven actors I don't care about who get together for a reunion twenty years later. Things get messed up when a deranged convict played by John Goodman takes them for FBI agents. This so-called comedy is so unfunny and boring. I only started to get into the plot 53 minutes after the movie started. That's never a good sign in movies and it's never happened to me before in movies. The Wrong Guys gets a 1/10.
February 18, 2013
Danny Bilson created a fun lovin', laugh out loud adventure that i enjoyed alot. The whole cast is amazing from Louie Anderson, Richard Belzer to the very believable villian John Goodman. The 80's were known for great films and i'm glad to add The Wrong Guys to the list of 80's films to watch. It's ur typical adventure plot that ur whole family can enjoy, the humor goes great with the characters and even the squirrel will have u entertained. If you haven't heard of it, well now you do.
½ January 25, 2013
Cub Scouts grown up stop a convict in the woods.
July 31, 2012
I want to like it; I liked it when I was younger. It has a lot of promise somewhere in there, but it's buried by lots of bad. Bad plot, bad pacing, bad jokes, bad direction, you guess it, it's there. The 90s celebrities are their likable, familiar characters and Franklyn Ajaye's hilarious though.
July 6, 2012
I'm seriously the only one who likes this movie...
January 24, 2012
I bought this one used on VHS back in the late fall and haven't gotten around to watching it till now, previously I did see this one back on cable when I was 10 and thought it was ok. Now i am in my 30s i could get more of the humor which is actually decent, its alittle dry and dumb but not over the top distastefully offense (that works in some movies very well). It has some good pyrotechnic effects for it being a low budget comedy & the characters all blend in easily as well. There is no special plot or twist just some old friends heading out to relive their youth for a weekend, end up being on the same mountain as a crazy escaped convict & have to make the best of it by not dying lol.
June 9, 2011
This film is a guilty pleasure. Mostly I just like John Goodman doing a Rambo impersonation by firing a machine every which way.
September 6, 2010
This is not a good movie. It teeters on the edge of awesomely-bad and just plain bad. I remember watching this an 8 year old and thinking it was high comedy. Now, twenty years later, I like it mostly for the good memories it brings back. My friends and I grew up quoting this movie so I had to come on here and give it a good review but in truth, it really doesn't deserve one.

Richard Lewis does have some funny lines though.
½ February 2, 2010
One of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of bad movies. With Louie Anderson, Richard Lewis, Richard Belzer and other comedians in the cast, you would think this would have a lot of laughs in it. Not one. Not only were there no laughs when I saw this in the theater, there were audible groans. A truly horrible movie you will be sorry to have spent any time with, even if you see it for free. The Wrong Everything...
½ May 6, 2009
None of the jokes work in this hyper-annoying would-be comedy. Everyone involved in this film's production should be embarrassed.
December 31, 2008
This is quite amusing, afterall it is my favourite movie genre the almighty 80s comedy film! it has John Goodman playing a pyschopathic convict on the run, Ernie Hudson as one of his sidekicks and a guy who is the main character who used to be in a cartoon i used to watch called life with louie. Basically 5 totally useless cub scouts reunite and go camping only to be mistaken as the FBI by some convicts who then try and kill them.
September 14, 2008
I have it on DVD, it's one of my favorites!
½ March 30, 2008
Great cast, so-so movie.
December 29, 2007
I love this movie as much now as I did when I was a kid! I love it!! Richard Lewis is so funny! He makes this movie the riot it is!
½ December 3, 2007
we are the owl patrol brave and true.
½ November 18, 2007
I don't know how I missed this movie as a child, but it's hilarious. My roommate had been trying to remember its name one night as she described it as "a guy who looks like John Candy but isn't who goes camping with some of his friends and then funny things happen." That wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement, but I decided to check it out (once I established that she was talking about Louie Anderson) and I'm glad I did. It's very silly in that typical 1980s form. I even openly wept a little bit during the final scene--but just a little.
October 28, 2007
It's one of my favorite films from my childhood. Funny movie!
October 10, 2007
awsome movie, I own it, don't know y i like it, just do